What' Up with the Pointed Toes???

dr1819

I have short stubby toes and I have been quite comfortable in a pointed toe box shoe or boots for many years. They are a great look if you can wear them and they are fit right. I have worn them with pants, skirts, and stirups, and various materials from jeans to leather. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Yesterday I received a pair of wedge two-strap sandals (toes and instep). Great shoe, except for the pointy toe. When one's toes follow a natural profile, and the shoe bottom is pointed, it just looks ridiculous (particularly when your big toe and little toe hang over the edge created by the artificial narrowing of the heel).

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit that I'm a big fan of the pointed toes high heels! They seam like a "natural' together and I'm glad that they're still in style. To me nothing looks more wicked that a nicely dressed woman in a short skirt sheer stockings and a pair of pointed toe stilletto high heels, on!. . . .

After all, this 'site isn't for the fans of "Cobble Cuddlers & Birkenstocks?"

. . . . .

"Stockings & Stillettos, 4ever!"

jay_nyca1

After all, this 'site isn't for the fans of "Cobble Cuddlers & Birkenstocks?"

AHHHH! You said the B word! Like the word Birkenstock, blisters also begins with B. This has to be the only shoe I have ever worn that blistered the top of my foot, not fun. For some reason so many people find them comfortable, probably the non high heel type people whose feet have been pounded hopelessly flat.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, my toes are permanently shaped like a pyramid from wearing my pointies for so long.

1. When I'm mad at someone it makes getting revenge easy. All I have to do is slide my shoe off and kick their tire. Whooosh.

2. It makes spinning like a ballerina, round and round on one toe, very easy.

3. I can type with two hands and open envelopes with my feet, they are so sharp and pointy.

4. Architects have to use a triangled ruler, I just use the edge of my feet.

5. Despite all this, I will always love my pointy shoes.

But you left out one of the most important ones - pointy toes are simply superb for crushing bugs that think they can escape into a corner! :rofl:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

For those who are interested, the new UK RoSa range of shoes/boots features extremely pointed shoes; see them at www.rosashoes.co.uk and discover their background in my other posting at www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?p=117356#117356

For those who are interested, the new UK RoSa range of shoes/boots features extremely pointed shoes; see them at www.rosashoes.co.uk and discover their background in my other posting at www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?p=117356#117356

Yup! Like I said, they're just the thing to get those creepy crawly critters in the corners. :rofl:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

No photo can ever tell the true story of a three-dimensional object.

Perhaps not, but I tells me quite enough though. Those toes are way ouy of proportion. They will make anyones feet look 4-5 sizes larger. I love pointy toes on heels, but this is just silly.. :evil:

If the toes are to be that long, the heel must be very high to compensate for the elongation of the silhouette of the foot. Example, my Versace ankle boots:

Posted Image

and they are almost to long for my taste...

Sorry, we disagree. If you keep chasing the point length with the heel height, you end up with a very strange shoe indeed, especially when you see it walking along the road (assuming it can, of course, at that height). Points have their own appeal, and don't need to be "balanced" by increased heel height. They can even look pretty amazing on a kitten heel, though we prefer higher. Some women get it, others don't. We're more than happy with the proportion of our shoes, thanks, but of course, some may have another opinion. Jo-I hadn't realised that this forum was also for men who wear women's shoes. Thanks for making this clear. We will of course take part in the women's forum in future - our shoes are only in women's sizes, and not intended for cross-dressing. Please forgive the error - I'm not sure why this happened, we were answering a point made by someone else originally, and ended up here! We have never gone larger than a size 8, so we're really not of any interest to the Men.

Jo-I hadn't realised that this forum was also for men who wear women's shoes. Thanks for making this clear. We will of course take part in the women's forum in future - our shoes are only in women's sizes, and not intended for cross-dressing. Please forgive the error - I'm not sure why this happened, we were answering a point made by someone else originally, and ended up here! We have never gone larger than a size 8, so we're really not of any interest to the Men.

Hey, some of us have size 8 feet ya know! :evil:

I'd certainly be interested in your plain pumps at some point.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

>> Jo-I hadn't realised that this forum was also for men who wear women's shoes. <<

More than three-quarters of the respondants in this thread are "men that wear", and many of them have size 5 to 8 feet... and it sounds like several are interested.

As for "cross-dressing", have you not read any of the stuff here about "free-styling"? Would you turn away the business if it came to you with cash-in-hand to buy?

<As for "cross-dressing", have you not read any of the stuff here about "free-styling"? Would you turn away the business if it came to you with cash-in-hand to buy?> No I haven't.... and yes, as it happens, if "the business" had the courage to state what the shoes were actually going to be used for, I would turn it away - in fact I already am, aren't I? No more posts from us, it's obvious we're just not seeing eye to eye here. Please respect that we have a right to our points of view, just as we respect yours. Best Wishes, Roger and Sarah.

>> what the shoes were actually going to be used for <<

Dunno about anyone else but they are usually used by being worn on the feet.

Ah, you don't mean "used for" at all, do you; you mean "worn by", gasp!, "men".

However, I'm not sure why that is even vaguely a problem given your fetish-shoe-related background just a decade or two ago...

In any case, your products are a thing of beauty. Admired and coveted by many women, and why it is a surprise? ... a few men too.

Well, minus several points for customer service there! God knows what they imagine their shoes will be subjected to, but I wouldn't buy from them even if they'd let me with an attitude like that. And I still think the toes are too long... Chris edit: It also shows the level of their expertise if they think every man on the planet is a size 9 or larger!

Oh dear!

I was pleased that my postings here giving recollections of the old Adams business (deriving purely from local knowledge) and my recent realisation that they had resurfaced with a new range led to some interesting comment from Roger and Sarah, outlining their business history and policies (albeit amidst some confusion). This board is about shoes (mainly but not exclusively those with high heels) in all their aspects, as the varied sections and postings indicate - and the R&S material has clearly been of relevance and interest to many.

But now (choosing my words carefully), because it has been pointed out to them that some men like to wear shoes of a style primarily intended for women, R&S seem to be unwilling to continue contributing here. Not everyone likes their pointed styles - purely a matter of taste - but no-one has criticised them for not selling their shoes in larger sizes or suggested that they must cater for male customers too. There has merely been the suggestion that their shoes (in larger sizes or not) might find a market with men - and that some women do require larger than normal sizes.

So, why withdraw, R&S, from civilised general conversation about shoes and shoe fashions? Are you really so shocked or upset at the thought that men might have more than a technical or historical interest in the subject - a 'feet-on' involvement in fact? You have a perfect right to refuse to do business with such people but it is unfortunate if such a prejudice prevents you from corresponding here on what you (at your absolute discretion) would regard as bona fide and acceptable shoe-related topics.

I rest my case.

• 10 months later...

Actually I am slightly bemused about this. Why would any entrepreneur want to turn any business away? If they'd sized up to a Uk10 say then they'd probably triple their sales. As it is I think they're going to lose some target customers because of their attitude.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

it all sounds to me like IGNORANCE, pure & simple!! If these people selling shoes do NOT know what this forum is all about, then I REALLY feel sorry for THEM! (a sale is a sale, hell, who CARES who buys the product as long as they BUY it!!)

Don't ask me why, but I do like this recent offering from the Payless website:

Rhea pointed boot

Posted Image

Not a really high heel, but the width and style should be very comfy for me, since I have a slightly different boot with pointed toes like this too.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

how rounded is rounded ? If they're blokey shoes just with a heel then noway !! Points please, lets do style and fashion, crocs excepted.... Mind u, wedges v stilettos, wedges win cos u can wear them out and about easy all day..... stilettos for best of course...