Leopard Ankle Strap Pumps from Frederick´s

DeSalto

Hi guys!

People have been asking me about my new Fredericks of Hollywood´s leopard ankle strap pumps.

Ok, here are the pics for you!

First, I received my order...

Posted Image

Then, I opened the box and removed the pumps to get a better look...

Posted Image

... and closer...

Posted Image

So, I wore them.

Posted Image

A full view.

Posted Image

From the back...note the heels - 14 cm or 5 1/2 inches.

Posted Image

And finally, legs crossed!

Posted Image

Hope you liked it!

DeSalto

No shoe is better than a sexy pair of stilettos!

I found a pair of off white ankle strap pumps with 4” stiletto heels with the looong toe at the Goodwill today. They are brand new but all man made materials however for $2 I can’t complain too much. Normally all I wear is boots and mostly thigh boots but you guys have raves so much about shoes like this I thought I would give them a try.

I had to go up the street tonight (lots of traffic but no pedestrians) so I thought I would give them a try. I wore black leggings and a black turtleneck with a brown suede leather skirt and my new shoes. Since no one was on the street to see me I didn’t get any reactions. The shoes, and walking in them, is very comfortable. I think, however, they would be better worn with slacks. The off white shoes and the black leggings offer too much contrast. It might be different if they weren’t size 12W but with the long toe these are BIG shoes.

I am still deciding if I like the look.

Posted Image

DeSalto -

Your shoes are awesome. A most excellent purchase and they look great on you.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hi guys. I´m glad you liked the shoes. I´m sad to say that going out in public wearing them it´s not in my plans. People in Brazil is very conservative and sarcastic. Except by carnival, when men crossdress for fun, walk in heels in public would be a real nightmare, believe me. For now , they are worn only in my wife´s company. kinheels I think your question was directed to me when you asked Calv about the shoes. As you can see by the box, they are from Fredericks of Hollywood. luxxyheels I became very surprised when you asked me about those shoes in my wedgies topic - long time since I´ve posted about buying them. Hope to have met your expectations. DeSalto

DeSalto

Those are NICE shoes. You should consider one of those pics for your avatar so we can all enjoy them when you post.

Regards,

TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

I saw those leopard pumps on clearance at the Fredericks site too and at $15.99 they were hard to pass up although last time I checked the largest size was 9-1/2. You did well there...they look great. I'd wear them with long jeans. Wineanddine

DeSalto

Oh yes indeed they are. They also look superb on Jennifer Ellison. :D

TB2

I would rather say Jennifer Ellison looks superb on them :cry:

Wineanddine

I paid $ 29,00 for them...but they had almost all numbers available.

Probably that´s why they are on sale.

Long jeans are really more classy.

The main reason for shortened jeans is to get a full view of the shoes.

DeSalto

TBG:-) Those shoes look good on your feet and the fit seems right for you. I would wear them with Suntan Legg's pantyhose and long jeans showing about 1" of heel. But that's me. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

canadianbeaver17 Those pumps are really easy to walk in, but I´m very used to heels as high as them. Don´t know how would it be to people not so used to 5" or higher heels. I´ve worn them for the maximum of 2 consecutive hours, indoors, without any problems. dr1819 Thanks for the avatar. People here seems to like it. luxxyheels Sorry for my poor english, but what does the expression "upped the antic" mean? Dawn HH Yes, long pants and heels are a nice combination. DeSalto

Up the ante: to raise to the next level "You've upped the ante on your shoe styles" coudl also be read as "You're taking your shoe styles to the next level"

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I have a pair of the Frederick's leopard high heels and love them. They've only been worn insides, so far at least! Funny how in certain styles, Frederick's heels are higher than advertised!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi DeSalto, And congratulations on owning a pair of the sexiest heels I've seen lately. Also, at $30 USD those are an exceptional bargain! Those shoes would usually go for around $70 USD. At 5" they are much too high for me. I couldn't hope to wear a heel that high unless it had about a 2" platform. But I know you are proud of them and I hope you will seriously consider wearing them outside, even if it is only to Carnival. "Up the ante" is a term employed in poker whereby each player is required to deposit a given amount of money in the "pot" before the hand is dealt. To "up the ante" is to increase the amount of money required to be in the game , or increase the price of staying in the game, if you please. When used in the generic sense it usually means to increase the value or prestege of something. Just out of curiosity, what size are the shoes? And by all means, do keep those pix coming.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Well, I finally caved in. I just ordered a pair of those from Fredericks' too, except I got the black. They had my size and they were only $14.99 plus $4.95 shipping. I hope they are as good as everybody has said. Now the anticipation of waiting for them to arrive.... Wineanddine

Guy N. Heels Nice explanation about "up the ante". Those heels are size US 12. By the way, you are right about the value of the shoes, at least for foreigners. Living in Brazil, I had to pay a lot more to get them - U$ 29,00 for the shoes (old price), U$ 22,00 (shipping) plus 60% of the price of the heels (custom taxes). The final price is something about U$ 70,00 :roll: Wineanddine I´m shure you will be very happy with your new heels. DeSalto

• 2 weeks later...

The same pair that I ordered (except in black instead of the leopard) came last week except it wasn't even close to the right pair. I'm sure somebody just stuck them in the box and figured maybe nobody would bother returning them. Plastic instead of leather and a completely different shoe. I was really disappointed and immediately returned them. The only thing that was the same was the color and size but in PU instead of leather they wouldn't have fit, also the heel height was completely different. That is not the first time that has happened to me with Fredericks...very disappointing. Wineanddine

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a follow up to the wrong pair being sent. It's been 2 weeks since I mailed them back and I inquired of the status of my return. I got an email from FOH saying that their records indicated that the return was "in transit" and to allow another 2 weeks to see a credit. Also, in some of the fine print it said that for shoes returned they deducted the amount of the shipping from the credit you ultimately receive. So if I understand this correctly you order a pair of shoes, they send you something completely different and then you get dinged for the return shipping? Does anybody out there have any experience with this? I'll keep you posted if that actually happens. Doesn't seem fair does it?

Post Script - - In all fairness to Fredericks they ended up issuing me another credit after I complained, for the return shipping. The girl was very nice and said in the future if you have a problem like that you can call and they will mail you a complimentary return label to put on it so you don't get stuck with the return shipping. In my case that turned out to be half the cost of the shoes.