a new experience

Being I'm a young man and I have never worn high heels in my life. I had no idea what it is like to wear high heels. Heck, why should the women know something that I don't know? So I decided I want to try something different by wearing high heels. I got these standard 3.5 inch spike heel boots and romped around a few hours with them. I have to say I really learned something new by wearing them. They are very uncomfortable and it's hard to balance myself in them. The pressure on the front of the foot is unbelievable. But also I'm accustomed to seeing women wear high heels, even though the boots were nice, they just didn't compliment my gender. Now when I see women wearing these I know what they are experiencing.

elyssium

Welcome to the forum.

I’m glad you at least gave heels a try before you made up your mind about them.

If you read around this forum a bit I think everyone would agree with your first experience in feels but as you read a little further, everyone would also say that the proficiency in wearing them comes with practice. After your muscles get used to the different work load, heels can become comfortable. When they are comfortable and you can walk with them, they can be a lot of fun and very enjoyable to wear.

I don’t think “romping around in them for a few hours” is a fair evaluation. Slow down a little. Learn to walk with a little style and I think you might enjoy them more. Besides, you already have the boots, if they are the right size for you, give wearing them a chance. It really can be fun.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Welcome aboard, elyssium! High heels are something that once you become accustomed to, they can actually be quite comfortable. If only occasionally worn they can be uncomfortable. In the case of comfort it comes with practice. Keep on wearing heels and you will find out for yourself if the shoes are properly sized. I wear 3 to 4 inch stiletto boots daily and I find them quite comfortable now. I also wear 5 inch stilettos with reasonable comfort. The thing is don't expect them to be immediatly comfortable if you've never worn them before. It takes time.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I suppose firstly good on you for looking at this objectively, trying and making up you mind for yourself. Rather than being lead about by what general society expects of you. Interesting though how you felt that 3.5 inch heels were uncomfortable. Personally I wear 5 inch spike heel, knee high boots and don't find it uncomfortable at all. I think its interesting how some people (women and men) find high heels comfortable and others don't) Personally I enjoy the posture and feel, yeah its different and not the same a wearing running shoes. But then again I'm not going jogging. I think that since I enjoy the look and feel that my perception and expectations are different since its something I want and enjoy. As far as complimenting your gender or look. I think thats normal, its not common to see men wearing high heels therefore people are not sure what to make of it. Since I've been wearing high heels now for a few months it seems normal from my perspective and I know my friends don't even think twice now. But I also make a conscience effort to dress masculine, so while I'm wearing high heels, the over all look is still masculine. But again, I think good on you for trying. Thats what a lot of this comes down to, the freedom of choice for the fashion style you feel suits you.

elyssium

Welcome to the forum.

I’m glad you at least gave heels a try before you made up your mind about them.

If you read around this forum a bit I think everyone would agree with your first experience in feels but as you read a little further, everyone would also say that the proficiency in wearing them comes with practice. After your muscles get used to the different work load, heels can become comfortable. When they are comfortable and you can walk with them, they can be a lot of fun and very enjoyable to wear.

I don’t think “romping around in them for a few hours” is a fair evaluation. Slow down a little. Learn to walk with a little style and I think you might enjoy them more. Besides, you already have the boots, if they are the right size for you, give wearing them a chance. It really can be fun.

Thank you Thighbootguy! Your answer could have been my own reply.

nice greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

As far as complimenting your gender or look. I think thats normal, its not common to see men wearing high heels therefore people are not sure what to make of it. Since I've been wearing high heels now for a few months it seems normal from my perspective and I know my friends don't even think twice now. But I also make a conscience effort to dress masculine, so while I'm wearing high heels, the over all look is still masculine.

But again, I think good on you for trying. Thats what a lot of this comes down to, the freedom of choice for the fashion style you feel suits you.

Yes, it may seem normal to you to wear them and to have the freedom of choice to wear them, but the fact is high heels is not a men's fashion. Wherever you go in them most people will see you as the odd one out. As for me, I may have a pair of high heels and they may look cool but I won't be wearing them out in public very often simply because no other men wear them. I will wear them out only when I'm in the mood to be the odd one out, which is not very often.

elyssium

Thanks for the civil discussion. Fortunately, the main theme of this board is Freestyle Fashion. That’s the freedom to wear what you are comfortable wearing. I wear thigh boots with stiletto heels in public and am not bothered by being “the odd one out”. In fact that’s part of the fun. Many years ago I was in the US Army where I was required to look like everyone else and there are lots of people that really enjoy that kind of society. It just wasn’t my thing.

I keep preaching that you should stand in front of a full length mirror before you go out and be sure that the image you see is the one you want the rest of the world to see and (most importantly) that you are comfortable presenting. I’m comfortable being seen in thigh boots, others on this board are comfortable being seen in pumps, block heels, pointy toes, round toes, gothic,… (it’s a long list) but the point is they are comfortable being seen. If you are not comfortable being seen in heeled boots, please don’t go out. Other people will pick up on your discomfort and make the outing miserable for you. If you project confidence, however, people do accept guys in heels.

I’m sure there are others here that will take issue with your statement that “high heels is not a men's fashion”. I chose to not be ruled by societies dictates on gender fashion. I understand that most men don’t wear thigh boots with stiletto heels but I do, so that makes them my fashion statement, and it is a statement I am comfortable making.

Enjoy wearing whatever you like.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I'm surprised 3.5 in. heels were so uncomfortable. My 4 in. wedges with 1 in. platform (3 in. rise) feel like flats. My 4 in. heel boots feel a little higher, and the stiletto heel is a little less stable, but no big deal. The 5 in. heel boots are definitely higher but still quite comfortable. On the other hand, the 5 in. sandals feel quite high. Of course, A friend of ours said "I never wear cowboy boots. I can't wear heels that high." I was speechless! Those aren't high at all!

Elyssium:-) Welcome to the Forum. I quite agree with what has been said by the various different posters here. I have been wearing heels for 59 years now and find them quite comfortable. You can't just put them on for a short time and expect them to be as comfortable as a pair of sneakers. It takes practice and more practice before your legs get used to wearing heels. Even the girls can't master heels in one wearing and must practice over a long period of time. I wear mine every day. Just wearing them now and again doesn't work. It's an acquired learning that takes daily practice to stay in shape. Give it a try a while every day and you will see that what I say is true. Keep at it and you will quickly learn to enjoy the feeling of wearing heels and the fun you get from wearing them. Keep us all posted on your progress. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I think Thighbootguy touched on a very important topic that some may overlook. While having the right shoe, the right body type for the shoe, and the right outfit are important, attitude is equally important. All four components are like legs that hold up a table. If one leg is competely broken, the whole table will wobble and might possibly fall. However, if one leg is merely weak, the other legs can compensate for the weakness. IMHO, a balanced view of all four components is truly important, and ones prioritization of each is truly a personal matter. Great post TBG.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

When I decide to go out in public a leisure romp around with high heels I don't do it with the attitude of arrogance thinking I look great to everyone. What I try to do is avoid the large crowds because the less people who see me are less people who think I look like a goon. If I see anyone who looks at me with a weird expression I will immediately turn around and go somewhere else. Besides that after 15 minutes of walking in these these shoes start becoming very uncomfortable. These shoes are good for show but not very good for walking. Then I go home and slip into my comfy loafers. So what I get the most out of wearing them is the experience of walking in high heels rather than trying to get everyone's attention. I also want to add that when I dress with high heels my goal is not to try to look like a woman. I don't wear a dress and makeup baloney. All my other clothing is regular guy clothing but matched to look good with high heel boots. I'm satisfied with my masculinity but I also have a fetish for footwear which can make me do strange things.

When I decide to go out in public a leisure romp around with high heels I don't do it with the attitude of arrogance thinking I look great to everyone. What I try to do is avoid the large crowds because the less people who see me are less people who think I look like a goon. If I see anyone who looks at me with a weird expression I will immediately turn around and go somewhere else. Besides that after 15 minutes of walking in these these shoes start becoming very uncomfortable. These shoes are good for show but not very good for walking. Then I go home and slip into my comfy loafers. So what I get the most out of wearing them is the experience of walking in high heels rather than trying to get everyone's attention. I also want to add that when I dress with high heels my goal is not to try to look like a woman. I don't wear a dress and makeup baloney. All my other clothing is regular guy clothing but matched to look good with high heel boots. I'm satisfied with my masculinity but I also have a fetish for footwear which can make me do strange things.

Nobody ever has said that their foot wear makes them do "strange" things. They are much more descriptive and able to relate to others to such experiences. This is not an accurate or truthfull description by far of such experience. So if you don't mind please explain strange things.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Yes, it may seem normal to you to wear them and to have the freedom of choice to wear them, but the fact is high heels is not a men's fashion. Wherever you go in them most people will see you as the odd one out. As for me, I may have a pair of high heels and they may look cool but I won't be wearing them out in public very often simply because no other men wear them. I will wear them out only when I'm in the mood to be the odd one out, which is not very often.

50 years ago neither was women wearing pants in public, some states had laws that would put women in jail for wearing such things. There were some cases where they can wear them, like camping or being rosy the riveter, but god for bid if she wore them to a night club with their man with people asking Hay mack who wears the pants in your house ?!?

Then they were fashionable and today women don't think about what those women went through to be able to wear them so freely. Let alone the man of the house masculinity being attacked to who was in charge of the house hold back then. Hence the saying, who wears the pants in your house?

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Elyssium -

Ok, I don’t get it.

If you think that wearing high heels makes you “look like a goon” and find wearing them physically is “very uncomfortable”, why in the world do you persist in wearing them in public? Having a “fetish for footwear which can make me do strange things” is no excuse for going out in public and being uncomfortable or looking stupid (which is how others will perceive you if you don’t have the confidence that you look good).

There are several reasons why guys on this forum wear heels in public (private wearing is another matter):

 They think they look good

 They are more comfortable than men’s shoes

 They find a thrill in wearing women’s shoes

(If I missed a reason please let me know.)

I don’t recall reading any other posts that said, ”I wear heels in public so I can look stupid and make my feet hurt”. If you are not comfortable with the way you look and feel when you go out in public, quit going out!

Thighbootguy, I have seen a few posts where guys who wanted to wear high heels were uncomfortable to wear them. Those posts are scattered about. The difference with me is I have a tendency to whine a bit more about it then other guys. A lot of times when I have something to say on whatever it is I will make a whirlwind out of the topic. I often get emotional over what I want to say.

Thighbootguy, I have seen a few posts where guys who wanted to wear high heels were uncomfortable. Those posts are scattered about. The difference with me is I have a tendency to whine a bit more about it then other guys. A lot of times when I have something to say on whatever it is I will make a whirlwind out of the topic.

:rofl: This sounds like a lot like of somebody else who was on this board, could not tone it down enough. Sorry but it does sound like you a wuss or something, it can and will get misinterpreted.

Thighbootguy, I have seen a few posts where guys who wanted to wear high heels were uncomfortable to wear them. Those posts are scattered about. The difference with me is I have a tendency to whine a bit more about it then other guys. A lot of times when I have something to say on whatever it is I will make a whirlwind out of the topic. I often get emotional over what I want to say.

Elyssium, aren't you simply attacking others because of your own cowardness :D

The best fashion is your own fashion!

When I decide to go out in public a leisure romp around with high heels I don't do it with the attitude of arrogance thinking I look great to everyone. What I try to do is avoid the large crowds because the less people who see me are less people who think I look like a goon. If I see anyone who looks at me with a weird expression I will immediately turn around and go somewhere else.

Bill Cosby once said, "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." I think that applies perfectly to this situation -- nothing you do, wear, say, think, or feel will please everyone. Most of the time we don't even reach the majority, and even more than that, we don't even know what the majority is!

It seems right now that you're afraid of others' reactions -- and that's okay. All of us have been at that stage at some point, and most have since grown a thicker skin so that negative remarks don't bother us as much.

We understand that it will take time, and hope to foster an environment where you can ultimately overcome your fears. On behalf of everyone here, I'll apologize for anything that came off as caustic to you.

Besides that after 15 minutes of walking in these these shoes start becoming very uncomfortable. These shoes are good for show but not very good for walking. Then I go home and slip into my comfy loafers.

Anyone who's worn high heels in any capacity experiences discomfort at first. It's not a natural position for the foot to rest in -- nonetheless, through much practice, you will find it to be more comforting, if not completely comfortable. Many members have said that a certain heel height seems flat to them after a while. Perhaps you can reach that goal too.

So what I get the most out of wearing them is the experience of walking in high heels rather than trying to get everyone's attention. I also want to add that when I dress with high heels my goal is not to try to look like a woman. I don't wear a dress and makeup baloney. All my other clothing is regular guy clothing but matched to look good with high heel boots. I'm satisfied with my masculinity but I also have a fetish for footwear which can make me do strange things.

This is what we all want! I think we've found a common base to build on here. We don't want to draw attention to ourselves; much of the time, it is inevitable, and we would prefer that that attention either be positive or just a passing glance in lieu of a negative remark. Lots of members here don't want to look like a woman -- most of us know we couldn't if we tried, some will incorporate other women's clothing articles into their wardrobe, some will only wear heels.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde