Christmas Music

Has anyone else on this forum noticed that their local radio stations are playing far, far less Christmas Music this Holiday Season than in past years? At any rate, Merry Christmas to all, and a Happy New Year!

Women who wear heels are to be admired and appreciated for the feminine visage they create.

Hi, Over here in Blighty our bigest station is well in the mood. The BBC celebrates most religious holidays and therefore does not have an issue with Christmas. In a world where most folk think us men wearing heels is odd, I am almost ashamed to listen to Wogan in the morning on BBC radio 2. I have Phil Spectors Christmas gift playing in the Kitchen as I type this. I must say I have not heard any Gary Glitter this year, I wonder why? Happy Christmas, after all, thats what it is. Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

Thank you, Nigel, sscoty727, Robert, Dawn HH, BobHH & Dr. Shoe for providing information about Christmas music in your particular areas. I am pleased to report that the stations in my local area *finally* kicked into gear during this past week to provide us with a nice variety of Christmas music. Previous to that, I was beginning to fear that I'm living in a "Christmas-music challenged" area, but thankfully, it all changed for the better. This time of year seems to be the best for taking inventory of all the wonderful things we have to be thankful for. Best wishes to all for the coming new year!

Women who wear heels are to be admired and appreciated for the feminine visage they create.

Hi RC, There is a couple of radio stations here in Portland that has been playing nothing but Chrstmas music, 24/7 since mid-November. They will be going to back to regular programming at midnight December 26. As for the other stations, no christmas music at all. Just a sign of the times in this politically correct world.

• 5 months later...

Man, I don't know what you're getting all bent outta shape about. Around Washington, DC even the Classical stations are playing Xmas music 24/7. I'm having trouble finding a station that doesn't play the annoying junk! :x In fact, even the Good Humor trucks (ice cream vendors) are playing the stuff in the middle of summer! (if I'm lying, I'm dying) Considering the kind of mess people have made outta all this rank paganism, I think we were better off when Xmas was BANNED in this country!

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

You know I'm still wondering how this thread woke up in May.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

That's because they'll be starting to play christmas music again silly!

Right on, Dr Shoe! They used to celebrate 12 days of Xmas in the dead of winter. But now they want 12 months of rank paganism all year long!!! :x I suppose the next thing will be a return to killing the "Lord of Misrule" as a human sacrifice! :roll:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Here in England, Christmas seems to start just after the August bank holiday. You begin seeing christmas stuff in the shops then. At least in the US it can wait until Thanksgiving. In any case aren't Christmas and Chanukah just a case of northern hemisphere religions hijacking good old pagan solstice celebrations.

• 2 weeks later...

Here in England, Christmas seems to start just after the August bank holiday. You begin seeing christmas stuff in the shops then. At least in the US it can wait until Thanksgiving.

In any case aren't Christmas and Chanukah just a case of northern hemisphere religions hijacking good old pagan solstice celebrations.

Please allow me to inform this poor misguided urchin that Chanukah absolutely is NOT a solstice celebration! It is a celebration of the rededication of the Jewish temple during the time of the Roman wars with the Maccabees. It just happens to fall during that time of year, but it really is a celebration of the triumph of justice over evil, and the weak over the strong. Even more, the Jews have the good sense to celebrate for 8 days while the Christians only celebrate one day. And they don't play Chanukah music for 1/4 of the year, either.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

As a catholic, we begin celebrating the Christmas season early in December with the beginning of advent, an continue well into January.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 2 weeks later...

See, I like Christmas as much as anyone else. I even like decent Christmas music. It does annoy me when the shops start putting decorations up in September though!

Chris

Have I got one for you, Chris! My neighbor on the next block has already festooned the front of his house with a garland and a pretty red bow. Now lessee, this here is the 25th of June so we've had summer all of 4 days now, Right?

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 1 month later...

Who said they don't play enough Xmas music? Did I mention that just yesterday the ice cream trucks were outside my door serenading us with "Silent Night", "Jingle Bells", a whole raft of Xmas carols? And we still have to finish-up August! Sheech, what a cockeyed world!

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Has anyone else on this forum noticed that their local radio stations are playing far, far less Christmas Music this Holiday Season than in past years?

At any rate, Merry Christmas to all, and a Happy New Year!

Yes, but then again, it's August, so...

Ain't the Internet Wonderful?

Ah, yes, It is always wonderful to see this thread start of again in the summer, in London, Harrods have started selling their xmas range, and I found a Xmas pudding whilst trying to find some sugar last night, very tempting.

The angels have the phonebox.

Ah, yes, It is always wonderful to see this thread start of again in the summer, in London, Harrods have started selling their xmas range, and I found a Xmas pudding whilst trying to find some sugar last night, very tempting.

DO tell us more. With Xmas a mere 4 months away, clearly time's a-wasting! :rofl:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Yes, well, in the spirit of Christmas, I've... ...ungh!... ...pulled my 4" tapered-heel black leather boots out of the closet and put them on. Matches my ankle-length khaki skirt quite well, although I'd never be caught dead wearing both (until social mores change). Perfect for the weather we've been having over hear in Germany, eh, Micha?

Good grief, folks. School is starting up all over the area and everyone's out buying school supplies. Maybe they'd better bring along their Christmas shopping list as well. We've got to get rolling on this Xmas music. Time's a wasting! Daylight's BURNING! :rofl:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 1 month later...

Good grief, folks. School is starting up all over the area and everyone's out buying school supplies. Maybe they'd better bring along their Christmas shopping list as well. We've got to get rolling on this Xmas music. Time's a wasting! Daylight's BURNING! :rofl:

Well golllly! Here we are past Columbus day (Why do we celebrate that anyway instead of Leif Errikkson day? Oh yeah, now I remember, he conned the queen outta her jewels! No wonder that he had to sail 3000 miles for a getaway!!)and going on Halloween and nobody's even responded to my favorite thread yet! It's past time to dust-off those tapes and CD's about miseltoe & holly and let's get rolling on this Xmas music thing! :rudolf:Besides, who wants to be a part of the last minute rush? So let's get those jingle bells jingling!:evil:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 2 weeks later...

Not until after Thanksgiving. I love Christmas, but I'd like my love for Christmas to peak during Christmas, not before Halloween.

Well, it's now official! Lowes Hardware stores have got their Xmas merchandise on the floor so now we can officially begin the season (without a reason?).

Since Christmas is totally pagan and actually has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ, I would prefer that it be banned altogether. But I learned many years ago that pagans are far more devoted to their arcaic and bizarre customs than professing Christians are to Christ and the truth! Therefore I like to beat the drums for what I know the pagans are going to do anyway. Why ruin a celebration with some facts? Nobody's listening anyway and it just might get someone like me killed.

By the way, did I happen to mention Satan's all-time favorite celebration - Halloween? Now if yer into paganism, THERE's a celebration to get into.:D:evil::D :D

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels