First New Pair of Heels Arrived!

SandalFan

A few days ago, I decided to rebuild my shoe collection after having thrown my old one out with some spring cleaning a few years ago. I ordered my first new pair of heels, and they arrived yesterday!

Starlet by Star Jones Satin Sparkle Ankle Tie

The 4" heel is significantly more comfortable than the 5" I used to wear. I can actually do stuff around the house without killing my feet!

LOL!

I may post a pic, once I get a pair of hose to wear them with. My favorite are Silk 'n Mist brand sheer white, ivory, or black hose.

It feels so good to wear womens shoes again...

I'm considering a pair of these for my next purchase. They're a 5" heel, but they're also too damn sexy to pass up.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Very nice SandalFan. An inch lower makes quite a difference in confort. Enjoy!

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Your new sandals really look sexy. Although I've never had any problem wearing 5" heels for hours, I know what you mean by being able to do things around the house in 4" heels. Please post pictures of you wearing your hose and heels whenever you have an opportunity.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

i'm glad i'm not the only one that loves payless shoes. I have been meaning to order a pair for myself. Great choice sandalfan. Don't sleep on their styles guys and you may also be surprised and a size 12us mens will fit a 12 womens at payless. absolutely sexy shoes once again.

I hope that my wife asks me if i'm giong to wear those 4 inch leg wrap sandals that i bought from NIKE. Just a wish for the men in the world like us.

Sandalfan:-) A very nice pair of shoes and you will find that a heel an inch lower makes a great difference in what you can do in them around the house. Are you going to be wearing them out in public? Congrats on buying your very first pair of heels in a long time and like you say...it's great to be able to get into heels again. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Yes, I agree with Dawn. That is a nice pair of shoes. I like the style but don't particularly like the pattern. I tend towards "unadorned" styles. But, if you do wear them outside, please tell us about the experience. And, I know how great it must feel to be back into heels again.. ;)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

asdf, A lot of those styles from payless you have to order online and either have them delivered to you or the nearest store for pickup. It is very rare that Star Jones shoes will be found in a store, I have looked in almost every store close to me. I have found that a lot of the sexiest shoes are available online only but they don't advertise as such.

I hope that my wife asks me if i'm giong to wear those 4 inch leg wrap sandals that i bought from NIKE. Just a wish for the men in the world like us.

Yes really asdf, the first two pictures in my thread new purchases will have to be ordered they will never show up on the shelf. It sucks but that is the cost but even better for those who are nervous about trying shoes on in the store but a double edge sword since you should try before you buy but then again the ability to have them sent to you is invaluable to those that aren't quite as confident to get out and try them on.

I don't believe Payless ships overseas. So, anyone living outside of the USA and (I believe) canada, will have to make some sort of arrangement like Barny15c made if they want to order on line from them. ;)

Are you going to be wearing them out in public?

Nope, womens shoes are just something I enjoy wearing in the privacy of my home.

They arrived a few days ago. Right now, I'm trying to decide whether I want to take pictures while posing in them, or just take pics of the shoes themselves and post them. They fit beautifully, and are very comfortable!

:lol:

Congrats on buying your very first pair of heels in a long time and like you say...it's great to be able to get into heels again.

Thanks.

;)

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

How many of you wear your HH sandles out and about street heeling?

I never have, and never will. They're something I enjoy strictly in the privacy of my home.

I have worn my sandals out in public. A couple of years ago, my wife and I went to Hawaii for a couple of weeks. I wore a pair of light blue sandals with 2½" heels, slides with 2" wedge heels and clogs with wedge heels -- along with my shorts and t-shirts. I regularly wear my slides and clogs everywhere at the beach whenever we are there....which was quite a bit this past summer.

What kind of reactions did I get? Well, in Hawaii, I got some less than approving glances. But, for the most part, people looked and went about their business. Even the people in the dining room at the hotel didn't take a second look and after a couple of days, I didn't take notice. I remember waiting in line to be seated at one of the restaurants in Myrtle Beach and I happened to glance around at some of the other customers that were also waiting and noticing that more than one man was wearing slides almost identical to the pair I was wearing. The difference was that their slides didn't have wedge heels as high as mine. And, one lady waiting with us was wearing an identical pair. Perhaps, next season, I'll began wearing my black slides with 4½" heels and 1" platforms that I really like and find most comfortable.

I have been out in public in this pair

http://thumbs.villagephotos.com/index.asp?id_=14179848

and the people that noticed didn't say a thing just went about their business which surprised the hell out of me.

Ok, here they are:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As great as they feel, I can't help wondering if they aren't just slightly too big. It's confusing because, according to every size conversion chart I've looked at online, a men's size 9 converts to a women's 11. I wear a 9 1/2 men's. I don't think there should be any space between the heel of my feet and the heel of these shoes. It's been so long that I don't remember.

Sandalfan:-) As your pics show, your new sandals appear to be a bit too big for your foot and as you surmise, the heel of the shoe and your heel should meet to streamline the looks and fit of everything down the back of the shoe. I have read many times that if ordering a sandal you should order one size smaller because of the shape and design of the shoe. Suggestion...can you order another pair in a different size and maybe you could sell your existing ones to one of the board members here. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

The whole sizing thing is a mess- just ask any female her shoe size, and she'll ask you what brand/style of shoe. I typically wear s US men's 9- 10 and find that a women's 10 fits me best in a sandle. For closed toe pumps, women's 12 is best. A lot depends on the width of your foot. Any other commentr?

As your pics show, your new sandals appear to be a bit too big for your foot...

I figured as much...

I have read many times that if ordering a sandal you should order one size smaller because of the shape and design of the shoe.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Suggestion...can you order another pair in a different size...

Done. My replacement size 10's should be here Wednesday.

...and maybe you could sell your existing ones to one of the board members here.

Nah, I'll just send these back.

My 10's have arrived, and they are so much more comfortable than the 11's! They're nice and snug, but aren't so small that I can't easily wear them around the house. The heel of my foot even lines up with the back of the shoe, and I can actually feel the satin backing that supports the straps. They're perfect!

Note to self: From now on, order size 10.

hehehe...

I'll post new pics later tonight.