Role models in high heels!

jazzy_cool

I would like to say that there have been many male role models in high heels from film that have been a positive influence on fashion. Firstly, the movie Saturday night fever from the 70's disco days starring John Travolta. The way he was wearing platform shoes of 3 inches or higher was really cool. His fashion sense was well co-ordinated with the platform shoes especially when he wore the white suit with black shirt and black platform shoes. Another movie which relates to 70's is UNdercover brother and stars Eddie Griffin. In this movie he wears platform shoes and boots with psychedellic and colourful fashions of the 70's. Finally, two movies of the 80's starring Prince were Purple rain and graffitti bridge. His style is really cool with the rock star look. He combines his masculine personality with high heel shoes. If you closely observe Prince in Purple rain, he is almost wearing 4.5 inch heels but does it with style. His dress sense is more for the rock star look. Whereby many women call him a sexy beast for his unique fashion sense. well, that all!!

One thing that sticks out in all of the examples you've cited is that each guy hand the physique -- tall or thin or lean. The heels looked good with the outfits they wore.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I quite agree with Bubba. Being dumpy and short, I'm not quite sure that those fashions would have looked good on me. Therefore, I steered away from them during that period of time. Although, I would have loved to have worn the boots, without the rest of the fashions they wouldn't have looked their best on me at that time. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

There is another reason why Prince wears high heels ... he is very small.

You mean that he is short?

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Yep,

he used to be great his music was just brilliant, he has lost it a bit for me. boy can he move in those heels though!

I know!

I downloaded the video to "Little Red Corvette", and he is very supple, and moves so easily in those heels! Practice makes perfect!

I definitely admire him for being a regular stilletto wearer! :wink:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

I know!

I downloaded the video to "Little Red Corvette", and he is very supple, and moves so easily in those heels! Practice makes perfect!

I definitely admire him for being a regular stilletto wearer! :lol:

We all are princes :wink:

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Wasn't Prince Dawn a transvite character in one of Shake-a-spear's tragedies? (Or, was he a cornerback on the 1941 Chicago Bears Football team?) :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

While I've heard of a male being called "Prince" I've never heard of a male answering to the given name "Dawn." Dawn, in my opinion, denotes female. Therefore, shouldn't you be known as "Princess Dawn?"

I was browsing in a charity shop recently and saw an album that I nearly bought for the cover - it was a best of abba compilation, but the blond guy - had 4 inch heels with 2 inch platforms. They looked quite good on him. It reminded me that I wore 2 1/2 inch heels with platforms without any of the qualms that we have nowadays, because all young guys were wearing them.

Ok, I won't forget to call you to come and eat. But, first I've got to know if you have any diet restrictions --- or can you manage some of my pit cooked pork bar-b-que, rice and hash, cole slaw and potato salad? :wink:

Bubba136:-) No diet restrictions that I know of, although when I was in the hospital, they had me on a prud diet which I cleaned up 100% for each meal. They were keeping track on all of this. I think that they let me come home because I was costing them food money. There is nothing wrong with my appetite. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!