My Boots are made for walking!

tightlevisandhhboots

Well I took my 4" block heeled fashion boots for a spin yesterday around town doing errends, and no problems whatsoever!

I went on base in them (USN) gassed up the truck, went to lunch, went to the mall, and even stopped in and did some shoe looking at Payless shoes. Bought a pair of Black satin 3 1/2" heeled Mary Jane styled heels with a sllight silver bow on the front. They go well with my xxlong "Cruel-Girl" jeans, but I am not at that much of a comfort level to wear them out. My boots blend in well enough, and have only one to two inches of heel showing while walking around. But getting in and out of the truck the full heel is visable. It was alot of fun, and I may even wear them out with the family tomorrow, as they blend in so well. It took me forever to find these jeans (38" inseam) but they work so well with these boots, as well as my 3 1/2" Cowboy boots.

Thanks for all the encouragement here, as I am still just a little self consious. But today went along way for building my confidence factor.

Thanks again,

Tightlevis and HH Boots

PS: Here are the Baby Dolls

Posted Image

and here are a similar pair of boots to the pair I wore, but mine have a slightly more rounded toe, more of a block than a blade, and a full 4".

Posted Image

Tightlevisandhhboots:-) That's exactly how I feel about my boots. They were made for walking and every time I go out I have a different pair of my boots on under long girl's jeans. Some of the heels may be a bit higher or lower than the pair that I wore the day before, but they all range between 3" and 4" in height. The styles of heels may be different..one day a blade or a flatback and the next a block or a western heel. But...they were all made for walking and using a different pair daily evens out the wear and allows them to dry out properly. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

i fully agree with the both of you: these boots were made for walking and that's just what this boy will be doing this autumn. here are the two pairs i have that i will be wearing regularly.

this first pair is from Forplay shoes, they call them Cupids. the leather upper is on the Sherbert platform bottom. i've worn these boots extensively over the past 3 years and had to have the heel tips and platform bottoms replaced but now they are better than ever and a lot more quiet in the giant shopping malls.

Posted Image

the other pair i recently bought from Maya shoes. i've been out a few times with these but that extra bit of heel height makes these black beauties a challenge to get around in, you need to pay attention.

Posted Image

i like my boots to be scuff free and looking 100 %, like they just came out of the boot shop so i keep both pairs hidden away in the closet where the kids won't get at them. one day i noticed my wife had tossed some of her shoes into the closet and they landed right on top of my brand new boots from Maya! i said hey! watch out for my new boots!

i have two pairs of Guess jeans i wear with these boots. the jeans are the right length and snug on the ankles so there is never any fear of the boot being hidden. the pant leg comes down to just above the heel.

it takes a lot of guts to wear these downtown in a crowded shopping mall but its a lot of fun!

while your boots are still platforms, they're still "ugly" but, :drinking: :rofl: :rofl: not as ugly as those white plats you wear......

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I sure do give you credit for being able to navigate those platforms through public and in Malls with their slippery floors. I know I sure couldn't do it without falling off of them or ending up head over tin cups and producing a very embarrassing situation for me. Cudos!!! I'm like you...I like to have my footwear looking like it just came out of the box no matter what mileage they may have on them. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Well, as I said, I was planning on wearing my 4" block boots out over the week-end... And I did! We went on a road trip and went with some good friends to look at homes and properties for sale. It was in a rural location, and we went "off-roading" to walk the property of a 6+ acre piece. Down hills thru dry ditches, around ponds, though the barn and into the hay loft, you get the drift, lots of walking on not very even surfaces, and survived very well. There were a few odd looks as I am about 6'8" when wearing the boots, but much of the heel was covered by my long jeans (38" inseam!!!) so not much of an impact on my family or friends. They are used to me wearing my 3 1/2" heeled cowboy boots, so the block heel boots were not hardly noticed. I spent the entire day saturday in those boots, and though my feet were a little tired, it wasn't too bad. On Sunday, it was the Ccowboy boots to church, and out to lunch, and then back on the road trip home. So this morning, when I put on the uniform to go to work with the 1/2" heeled uniform shoes, it was almost dificult walking normally, as I had gotten used to the tall heel over the weekend... Well, that's my outing in heels for now, I hope many more were able to get out and enjoy the last weekend of summer in some heels. TightLevisandHHBoots

TightlevisandHHboots:-) You navigated 4" heels into some rough territory successfully. Congrats. It sounds like a fun week-end for you. I have been wearing my boots around the house since I got out of the hospital but not outside yet. I need to be a bit stronger for that. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Hey micha!!! Chill! :lol: I'm just "ragging" W6ISH. It's a local joke and W6ISH knows it. It has been going on for several months now. So, while I agree that the platform boots are great looking, I can't let W6ISH know it, can I? :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

quote="white_6_inch_spike_heels"]I fully agree with the both of you: these boots were made for walking and that's just what this boy will be doing this autumn. here are the two pairs i have that i will be wearing regularly. I say go for it !! I wish I had the nerve to go out without a care and without trying to camoflage my heels, but it would never work (in broad daylight at least) in my town. Maybe someday, but it will have to be a style that is taken over by the new generation crowd as acceptible for guys, before it would work around here. :wink: Stilettoguy

Stilettoguy:-) I have taken note of your signature, that anything less than 3" isn't a high heel. Since my stroke, Mickey has suggested that I lower my heel height from between 3" to 4" to a lower 2.5" to 3". She thinks that the stroke has knocked my balance off more. I'm fighting her tooth and nail as I don't want to shorten my heel height unless it is absolutely necessary. My cowboy boots had a 2.5" heel and to me there is no feeling of a heel under me with that height. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Stilettoguy:-)

I have taken note of your signature, that anything less than 3" isn't a high heel. Since my stroke, Mickey has suggested that I lower my heel height from between 3" to 4" to a lower 2.5" to 3". She thinks that the stroke has knocked my balance off more. I'm fighting her tooth and nail as I don't want to shorten my heel height unless it is absolutely necessary. My cowboy boots had a 2.5" heel and to me there is no feeling of a heel under me with that height.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Dawn,

As mentioned in another thread, you might want to try wedges. In your size you should be able to find a higher heel and maybe it will give you more stability.

Scotty

Hey micha!!! Chill! :D I'm just "ragging" W6ISH. It's a local joke and W6ISH knows it. It has been going on for several months now. So, while I agree that the platform boots are great looking, I can't let W6ISH know it, can I? :lol:

Bubba, I'll keep out from your private teasing - but they aren't ugly ;)

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Stilettoguy, have you ever tried wearing loafer style woman's shoes with 3" heels in public? One of the places I regularly wear my 3" loafers to is Outback Steakhouse. The atmosphere is friendly and the lighting usually dim enough so your shoes aren't that noticeable.

I "snatched" me up a second pair from Ebay for when these wear out. Your 100% Bubba, they are great and very descrete. You can't find them on the Steve Madden website anymore, but I notice them on Ebay from time to time. I am tempted to "snatch" a 3rd, but then figure why be greedy. Scotty

Whenever I find a pair of shoes that I especially like, and have an opportunity to buy another identical pair, I usually try to get the second pair in another color. Mainly go for black first and brown for the second pair.

I don't really blame you, Sscotty, for wanting to get a second pair. While there are a lot of other styles out there that are similar, once you've found a pair that fits the "formula" and you're comfortable wearing, it only makes good sense to get another pair when the opportunity presents itself.

As I wear boots exclusively in public, that's what most of my purchases are. Around the house though I wouldn't mind a few pairs of stiletto pumps.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Gosh, shafted, it's such a small "step" from wearing high heeled boots in public to wearing pumps. Just ask JeffB. If people are already aware that you enjoy wearing high heels, I don't believe they would look at you any differently if you were wearing pumps than they would if you were wearing boots. Go for it. ;)

Hmm, maybe Bubba, but I'd have to start shaving my feet. ;)

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.