Wikipedia

dr1819

What name would you suggest for the entry?  

359 members have voted

1. 1. What name would you suggest for the entry?

• Heelmen
    • Heel-wearing-men
    • High-heeled-men
    • Other (please post your suggestion!)

As some of you may know, Wikipedia is a free online encyclopedia. I'll be writing an entry on men who wear heels, and wanted your input as to a single or hypenated word to use as it's title. Please vote, and if you have a different suggestion, please vote "other" and post your suggestion. I will be providing a link to this website in the article, as well as to a few other alternative clothing rights websites. Thank you for your participation!

Actually, it was me who wrote the expanded definition for the word "heel" to include the fact that they were sometimes worn by men.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heel_%28shoe%29

I'm not getting joy out of that link, not sure if it is server or what just a "404 error connecting to site".

ed:

I've registered the reply below and still no joy; I expect it's only a local quirk. I'm off for a couple of days and will check it out again later when it comes back.

/I

I've read the current entry for "heel" and agree that it completely covers the subject.....unless, of course, you feel that a special sentence must be included to strictly point out that it's ok for men to wear women's shoes with high heels, too......which I would then suggest be placed in the definition of "women's shoes (if there is a such a category)." (the link works for me, too)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

There's a definition of high heel too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_heel

Not too bad, apart from the dreadful picture of a white platform court shoe

Posted Image

If someone is a member of wikipedia, please log in and upload a more tasteful image such as:

Posted Image

The point about men wearing heels is it's a very very minority interest and I personally don't think its fair to distort a world online reference with whole category on such a topic.

The point about men wearing heels is it's a very very minority interest and I personally don't think its fair to distort a world online reference with whole category on such a topic.

I'm not, Firefox. The high heel stuff will be left largely to the women, who represent the vast majority of heel-wearers today.

I will, however, create a section devoted to the fact that heel wear has not, throughout the majority of history, been exclusive to women, but rather, party to both sexes.

I cannot help if history offends. If it offends the sensibilities of us men who wear heels, who yet portend to respect the idea that only women wear heels, then I must question the sanity of anyone so inclined! History is replete with examples of men wearing heels, often many years before it became fashionable with the women. Our current situation with respect to men not being "allowed" to wear heels while the women wear whatever they wish of men's fashion, with impunity, is a but a very small slice of societal norms, and will not go unchallenged by either an increase in men's fashion variations, or by a closure upon the variation of women's fashion at large.

Well if you really want to post some article, my suggestion would be Men's High Heeled Shoe Fashion or similar. We don't categorise people by one item of clothing so headings such as "Heelmen" are somwhat weird and fanciful. And IMO, it would be best to concentrate on the street fashion applications. Guys wearing their wives shoes behind closed doors hardly qualifies as anything of public interest

• 1 year later...