What to do

HeeelMan

I have worn heels for a number of years maninly in the home, but occassional I have street heeled, normally in very quiet place, in the park etc. I've recently got a new girlfriend and have told her about my liking for high heels. Shes told me that I can wear them with her next time we meet, we have only met twice. The question is do I? The idea thrills me, to be able to spend a day with her and in heels sounds great. I don't also know weather just to wear something sensible 3" block heel ankle boot, or go all out with the 5" stiletoe. anyone had any experience that they would like to share?

Heel Man, Sounds like she's giving you the opportunity to do it. I'd go with the stilettos first. It sounds like she's very open to the idea of a man in heels. Just make sure you can walk well in them before springing them on her, and coordinate them well.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Hey, Heel Man!!!! Great to see you amongst us. And, it's really very encouraging to hear that you've met a woman that isn't "put-off" by your high heels. As to which pair to wear at your forthcoming meeting, I would make that decision based on three things. 1) Where are you going to meet her and what do you plan to do on your date? 2) Time of the meeting - during the day, evening or after 9 pm at night. And, 3) your assessment of her level for embarrassment. By that I mean, would she stand by your side in a public place where everyone would be likely to notice your footwear? Or, woud she hang back and look at the reaction people had to your shoes? Once you've evaluated these three elements, I would add your own feelings into the mix. I don't believe I would wear a style that you wouldn't feel comfortable wearing in public. By that I mean, I wouldn't wear stockings and a pair of 5" stiletto heeled pumps if you aren't already used to absorbing the "slings and arrows" people in public are capable of launching. Besides your own embarrassment, the comments and rude remarks would also likely embarrass anyone with you. Now, to be on the safe side, if it were I, I would chose a nice conservative pair of boots or loafer style shoes with 3" or 4" block heels. Something comfrotable for walking, not too obvious and well within my own ability to wear for hours without discomfort. I would, however, stay away of obvious "girlie" styles -- you know, sandals in eye catching colors with ribbons, bows or large flowers. They're to "out of the mainstream" for any man to wear except in the privacy of their own homes..... I do wish you well and, please let us all know how your meeting went and any reacations you might receive.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

thanks for the replys so far. Its going to be an allday event, probaly a conutry house with gardens, so I'm kind of leaning towards something not to high and chunky for the day and then the high stilletoes for the evening meal. Mind you I do love wearing the stills they feel much nicer to walk in, ince wobble etc, but bit concerned about breaking a heel walking over grass etc in the country house gardens. Oh well have a week to decide

There was a thread with a related theme I posted titled, "almost but not quite" that related a similar experience of mine. Its a few lines down in the for guys section. I don't think you should have any problems with the block heel, nor do I think that at night you would have problems with the still heel. There is after all a time and place for everything. A time for block heels and practicality during the day and a time for stiletto heels and elegance at night. I think that as long as the rest of your outfit compliments both pairs of heels, the sky's the limit (pun intended).

Also with me, Im not attached to the outcome one way or the other. What I mean is that its nice if her response is good-fine. It also doesn't matter if her response is bad-also fine. What matters to me is getting to experience the personal liberation that comes with wearing the heels in the presence of female company in public. So, Some Will support me, Some Won't support, but So What? Someone's Waiting!

Also, women generally respond positively. Have you seen the "positive responses from women thread?"

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

thanks for the replys so far. Its going to be an allday event, probaly a conutry house with gardens, so I'm kind of leaning towards something not to high and chunky for the day and then the high stilletoes for the evening meal. Mind you I do love wearing the stills they feel much nicer to walk in, ince wobble etc, but bit concerned about breaking a heel walking over grass etc in the country house gardens. Oh well have a week to decide

Well, If you want my advice I would save this up for a different occasion. dont panic, I think that you need to have a go and take advantage of this opportunity.

Having said all that, you need to show her that you not obsessed with your heels and she needs to know you care for her. I think a country house would not be the place or the date for wearing heels.

Big old rooms are going to make your heels sound very loud and draw attention to you also any gardens are going to play havoc with heels, I think your new GF would appreciate you focusing your attentions on her and not on yourself.

Maybe the next date or just the evening would be the better option. and I would explain your reasons. Make her feel she is the most important thing to you, and she could well be. If she will let you wear heels, look after her, sounds like you have found a good one.

Best of luck, tread carefully you dont want to loose this one.

Nigel.

The angels have the phonebox.

I would start off "tame" and gradually work up to it. You've only been out twice so who's to say she's not just taking the micky?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Am I glad I found this site, you lot have such a worth of experience. Still not quiet sure what to do but with over a week to decide theres plenty of time. I will be sure to let you know what happens. Keep the advice coming please

I'd begin with the lower heels, too, for a number of reasons, including fatigue (which makes you snappy with someone you're trying to impress), as well as the very real possibility that she really digs you and while she might be open to the idea that you do something a bit different, she may not be open (yet) to the idea of you doing something really different. It's like learning to ride a bike - one doesn't start out with the Tour de France.

Even if you don't wear the stills, I would at least wear some sort of heel on this occassion. You've only met twice. You have your opportunity on this third time with no guarantee of a fourth date. So I'd at least wear some sort of heel, no doubt.

nigel... You couln't have said it better! I'm with you that is a great opportunity to demostrate that her is important...that is a window of opportunity for MANY dates to come

Well Thursday is fast approaching. I have read the replys, thankyou and having discussed further with my friend who has said she is more than happy for me to wear heels that I'm going to go for the boots during the day, thicker block heel and as we will be walking around some gardens, will enable me to wlak across the grass etc witout sinking in. for the meal in the eveneing I shall change into the stiltoes, feet permitting as I have never spent a whole day in heels before. so wish me luck this will be a big street healing adventure for me as I havn't street heeled in public so to speak as always have kept myself to quiet areas where I am not likely to meet people, with this trip there will be lots of people. I just need to llok confident and strut my stuff. Will keep you posted as to what happens

Best of luck Heel Man, Saying that shes "more than happy" sounds like a green light to me.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Good luck and enjoy, personally if I was in your shoes I would wear something with a heel under 4" maybe between 3" and 3.5" chunky heel but go with what ever you are comfy with.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Heel Man:-) Welcome to the Forum. You certainly have gotten a lot of suggestions and opinions from a great bunch of guys. I concur 100% with them and I doubt if I could contribute anything more. Make your decision on the information you have gleened from us and her and go out confidently and enjoy your day long date with what sounds like a gal you should not let get away. We all will be anxiously awaiting your report on your activities. Enjoy! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Well yestarday was the day. Met my friend and country home and went for a cup of coffee in the restuarant. Was wearing my normal male shoes/ After coffee and a chat my friend suggested that we wnt for a walk and asked if I was going to go back to the car and put my boots/shoes on. We did and she commented on how nice my boots were but thought that they might be a little high for her, 4" block heels. Then off for a walk. I was very conciouse and the first person we wlaked pasted had a good long stare at my feet but did not say anything.. We had a walk around the gardens, no problems. Then had some lunch which meant laying on a picnic blanket. This realy exposed the heels and being slightly concerned I did try to cover them up a bit by putting the cool box on my feet. I need not have worried as nobody really noticed or said anything. After lunch another long walk around the park land over fields, stes and farm gates, good fun climbing over gates in 4" heels. Then for a tea in the restuarant agind heels fully exposed this time as sitting down, no comments, didn't even notice anyone noticing. We then went off for a meal, found a nice quiet restuarant. didn't drive in the heels although I have decided it was better not to. Got to the restuarant and asked if she minded if I wore the stiletoes court shoes, she said it was more niticable but that if I wasn't concerned she wasn't. Had a reaaly nice meal and because the restuarnet was quiet made no attempt to hide the fact that I was wearing hels. Only at the end did a difrent waitress notice and although she didn't say anything she kept smiling at me. I made a deliberant trip to the loo so that I had to walk past her just for the fun of it. After that we left and went our separate ways, really nice day, she didn't mind, I spent almost 10 hours in heels. So all you blokes who are concerned IT AINT A PROBLEM just do it, nobody cared. Now planning our next day out.

Wow, thats an amazing woman! She publicly supports your street heeling by being seen with you in public while you wear heels--and stilettos at that! Congratulations on your experience and good luck in developing your relationship with this woman. You are very, very lucky to meet such an open-minded woman. :wink:

Lucky and as the advert says 'Thats more than lucky' I've had an e mail this morning that syats what a great day she had and cant wait to do it again, and that the heels really wern't a problem, she even found it quiet amusing that the waitress kept smiling but didn't say anyhting and wishes that she could have been a fly on the wall after we left to hear what they had to say, mind you so would I, i'm still chucking at her reaction and whilst it wasn't postive in that she made a nice comment it certainly wasn't negative. Looking forward to more public healing

I notice that you wrote that you were "planning your next day out." Are you sure (is she) going to see you again after your first trip? (I hope she does).

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Oh yes she wants to see me agian, you has said so about 3 times already today, by e mail. So I am planning, looking at a night at the theatre followed by a nice meal I think

Heel Man I must say, that sounded like a perfect day. Nice to see you've met someone very open minded about your heels. You've made me want to go out in a pair of my stilletto pumps this weekend. But alas I can't as I'm busy all this weekend working on a film which involves me wearing wellies and trainers. A very inspiring story there. :lol: Well done and good luck with your future adventures with your new ladyfriend. :wink:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Hey, Heel-D, you can always put on a pair of stiletto heels and wear them inside of your rubber boots. Afterall, most pumps are just slightly larger than a bare foot. :wink:

Heel Man:-) Sounds like you had a great time out with your new lady friend. A very open minded lady at that. It sounds like you have a good basis to develop a great relationship with her. She knows about your wearing heels publically and is straight with that from the get-go. Now she wants to see you again. Sure sounds like you have a great start with a great lady, a keeper. Keep us posted on things and congrats, friend. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!