Quick question

BBLoverEric

I didn't know where to ask this so I'll ask here. I am shopping for some heels, preferably boots. I wear a size 12.5-13 US Men's. What does that translate to in UK and European sizing? Also, I have pretty wide feet. Does anyone else have this problem? I need some suggestions on how to size for that.

I didn't know where to ask this so I'll ask here. I am shopping for some heels, preferably boots. I wear a size 12.5-13 US Men's. What does that translate to in UK and European sizing? Also, I have pretty wide feet. Does anyone else have this problem? I need some suggestions on how to size for that.

Common sizing is US+2 = UK.

Wow, you have really big feet. Are you 8' tall? :P

are you looking for stores, or online shopping? if online, check out ebay - they typically sell plenty of boots in large sizes, i always seem them listed as high as size 14 (i'm a 12 or 13 myself). if you're looking to go into a store i can't help you, but i'm sure someone can.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Hate to disagree with the above posters, but--depending on the width of the shoe, I take a 10.5-11 US men's, 12-13 US women's, 10 UK, 44/45 European; so, I would say that you would take about a 14-15 women's US, a 12-13 UK, and a 46-47 Eu. Generally, a US woman's size is the U.S. men's plus 1.5 to 2 sizes, and the UK size is 2 less than the US woman's. But, as others will tell you the only way to know for sure is to try on the pair of shoes because the sizes vary.

Go gently through life.

The confusion comes because US ladies are 2 sizes "bigger" than men's hence a men's 10 (us) is a ladies' 12. However, on the continent and in the UK, men's and ladies are the same apart from the width. A men's 12 US will be a ladies 14, or a Eur 44-45 or UK 11 approx.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I take a men's size 12 UK. Two years ago I bought a pair of 3" heel loafers from the States in size 14 wide US, they are a bit on the loose side as regards fit. Recently I bought a pair of PLEASER 8226 4" court shoes (Pumps) from the States in a size 15 US, they are a snug fit.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

Okay, I think I'm getting this. Women's US is about 2 sizes up to ge the right one, UK women's is about the same as my US men's (is UK universal or is there a men's and women's?) and European is just weird =P. I wanna add a question, what system does Punitive Shoes use to size? I was gonna measure my foot on their printable size chart thingy and just curious as to what that related to.

It looks like punitive shoes uses european sizing (finally got around to looking).. but considering I've fit from a size 39-41, depending on brand, I'm not sure how much help a conversion chart will be. I would be very curious to see how you like the Punitive shoes ballet boots, as I've yet to try theirs out. Jim (aka rockpup)

(formerly known as "JimC")

I don't know when I'll be able to order any, money is tight in college you know. I think that may be a tertiary goal as I think I'll get a cheaper pair before to see how I adjust. I may even get a pair of 5" or 6" even before that for practice. I just saw their sizing chart and wonderred how I coud use that for other shoes.

Common sizing is US+2 = UK

heelsRus, there must be something wrong with your size calculation :P What about female US - 2 = UK ?

@BBLoverEric: Nevertheless, you have really big feet! I suppose that female US 14/15, UK 12/13 or EU 46/47 could be matching for you ...

nice greetings

micha

PS just saw that coolshoes gave the same advice

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Hi Wheels! Just thought I'd say that I love the shoes in your avatar image. They're just like the style I want to get my hands on (or feet in, rather!). Are they yours? If so, can you tell me a bit about them and where you bought them from?

There's nothing like a good bit of Toe Cleavage!

PS. Wheels, I still think your avatar is sexy as hell. :P

I could be wrong, but I think that pic's from the Italian Heels site.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hi Guys. Thanks for the comments. Jeffb is correct in that the shoes come from Italianheels.com. I did post some pics of me wearing them but they may have been lost to the hackers. Here they are again:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There are more pics of them on my website as well as a link to the Italianheels site.

Heel thyself

Over 50 pairs of heels now on my website at www.geocities.com/wayneheels/