TOP Cities of the world to Street Heel in...

kneehighs

Thought I'd ask for people's opinions of the top cities of the world to street heel in. Perhaps we could rank them?

London has to be in it.

What about Paris, Milan, Brussels, Frankfurt, New York, LA, Chicago, Philadelphia??Is Amsterdam in there?

Any ideas guys.

My thoughts are that New York City is pretty good. I'm on leave from work, so I've been wearing my black poiny toed pumps around Manhattan during the day day now. A few people will do double takes at my shoes, but for the most part, no one really seems to notice--or really care either.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Well, you can streetheel pretty much anywhere in the western world. I've done it without problems in many major cities: Helsinki, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Düsseldorf, Köln, Munich, Brussels, Milan, Rome, Atlanta, Dallas, Copenhagen, Vienna, Lisbon, Seattle... In Tel Aviv I got questioned at the airport of the "why" but was allowed to pass (of course). In Arab countries I usually don't bother, their culture is not so supportive of these kind of things. And I rather not spark any controversy as a visitor to that part of the world. I noticed that the more southern countries (South Europe, Latin America) are not the best places for thinner heels since people sometimes stare longer than I am comfortable with - perhaps the society induced need for males to appear male is the reason for that. I use block heels when going there. The US is good for heeling too - most areas I visit are quite comfortable with individual expression, at least the east- and westcoast are no problem. Miami, LA, SF,.. are defenitely ok. The more isolated parts of the US might not be too tolerant of female styles, but the good thing about the States is that high heeled western boots are totally ok pretty much everywhere. I got turned inside out by the security at DFW airport a little while ago while wearing 18" tall 4" heel WR boots, and although they scanned them a few times I got no remarks whatsoever. Perhaps they thought I had explosives in the heels or so :P I'm going to Ukraine and Japan soon - never been in either of those, so some new grounds to explore... B

What's all the fuss about?

I noticed that the more southern countries (South Europe, Latin America) are not the best places for thinner heels since people sometimes stare longer than I am comfortable with - perhaps the society induced need for males to appear male is the reason for that. I use block heels when going there.

I'll second that specifically in regards to Latin America. I was just in Latin America--Buenos Aires and Uruguay. With 11 million people in the province of Buenos Aires and a culture that parallels the Manhattan art, theatre, and dance scenes, I thought Buenos Aires' modernity and large population would lend itself to various street heeling opportunities. Boy was I wrong. Very few women down there (I was there for three weeks) even wear high heels. Let alone a man. I street heeled one time in some thicker heeled 4" boots, but that was it.

I'm going to Ukraine and Japan soon - never been in either of those, so some new grounds to explore...

Please come back and keep us posted on your findings. :P

I've been street heeling in Amsterdam, London... and I also think any major city in northern europe will be Ok. I've also been wearing heels in some french cities without any problems... but in france people seems to notice more you are wearing heels...

Downtown New Orleans is a good place to be... most of the time. The streets are FLAT, meaning there isn't much walking up/down hills involved. If you're in the French Quarter, it's so crowded that no one will notice unless you want them to, or in some cases if they're looking for it.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I've been street heeling in Amsterdam, London... and I also think any major city in northern europe will be Ok.

How did you feel about your experiences street heeling in Amsterdam?

I've been street heeling in Amsterdam for almost 3 days... Some people had noticed my boots, but I had no negative feedback. I've been visiting museums, walking in almost all amsterdam streets (redlight district...)... Shopping in little shops and supermarkets...

In Ottawa and Toronto (Canada) I haven't seen a single guy in heels - and I've been looking. In Toronto, I expect the best place would be downtown, in particular in the gay community as they are more tolerant. In Ottawa, I'm not really sure. It's a fairly conservative city where few of the women wear skirts, let alone heels. Flip flops are commonplace (and very ugly). Toronto was a bit of a surprise - many women dress nicely even if they're crossdressing (i.e. in trousers :-) ). I expect a guy could walk many places downtown and not be bothered but I haven't yet tried. Hopefully soon though. Laurie can speak for Western Canada (assuming she's still here....).

portsmouth's street's are never that busy so i wouldn't recomend it, although i've never tried. Plus the locals may not like it!! Shame really

Why do we have to conform with fashion??? Boots are the way forward

I've just spent two days wearing thigh boots in Herndon Va. just outside of Washington D.C without any problems at all. This is an affluent community (there are as many vanity license plates [MY BMW] as there are normal ones).

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I think you'll feel better if you go to a city where nobody knows you. Nobody cares about you when you're ' heeling '. I'm going to test my first pair in Brussels definitely..

That's great Tommy. You should find that very easy. I started street heeling in my home town and around people I know, but I also made it clear to everyone I have I friendly contact with that I love high heels long before I wore them in public, so it came as no big surprise to them.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

In the UK: London, Bristol, Manchester, Birmingham, Home counties, Brighton, pretty much everywhere else in England Scotland and Wales. You name it I've been there and done it. Abroad: Moscow, NYC, Paris, Lille, Brussles, Amsterdam, Rotterdam. They're all great places to wear heels.

Brighton's "reputation" is certainly very well deserved. It must be the most laid-back, relaxed, easy-going place I've ever been to. I've spent many a happy hour, at all times of the day/night, wandering around in a variety of heels. Never a single negative comment. I've had a couple of raised eyebrows (the highest raised by a hotel night security guy who I had to call to let me into my hotel one morning - around 2am - when I was wearing 5" heeled knee boots), but most people just accept it. Anything goes in Brighton. Take a trip down there for a weekend, and don't forget plenty of shoes!!

i would vote for Ottawa and Toronto, Canada. i have had a lot of high heel wearing experiences in both cities in heels 6 inches and higher. i've worn my 6 inch heels down Bank, Elgin, Wellington and right through the Rideau Mall in downtown Ottawa, and from one end of Queen to the other and up and down Yonge Street in Toronto as well, and those experiences are with totally exposed heels. even with my extra short cut off jeans, shaved and tanned legs and my double buckle beauties, so it can be done in those two good cities.

i would vote for Ottawa and Toronto, Canada. i have had a lot of high heel wearing experiences in both cities in heels 6 inches and higher. i've worn my 6 inch heels down Bank, Elgin, Wellington and right through the Rideau Mall in downtown Ottawa, and from one end of Queen to the other and up and down Yonge Street in Toronto as well, and those experiences are with totally exposed heels. even with my extra short cut off jeans, shaved and tanned legs and my double buckle beauties, so it can be done in those two good cities.

Wow, excellent! I might give it a try in Toronto but not in Ottawa. Well done!

I have never seen a guy in heels in either city unless in drag (and only in Toronto). Maybe I need to get out more?

Enjoy. I'll keep an eye out for you :-)

thanks! true though, i have never seen another man walking in either city wearing high heels, mens or womens shoes. and i have only rarely seen women wearing the 6 inch heel stripper style that i love to wear. here in Ottawa, i have seen an asian lady on Somerset every now and again wearing a pair of those 6 inch heels with clear bottoms. while i don't like the look of the clear platforms i love the spirit of that lady. but down in the Byward Market i have seen a few ladies sporting 6 inch heels, they were some slicked up looking ladies my wife said were likely on their way to work. i replied: hookers? at the time i didn't know there was a strip club called the Bare Facts just down the street. last night we hit the streets to snoop around the Jazz Festival and found ourselves walking down Elgin, from about Laurier to Gladstone, stopping at the gelato place for something cool. when we walked in there i was getting my fair share of stares from both the men and women. and i noticed a lot of ladies gawking at my black 7.5 inch spike heel boots at the intersections while waiting for the lights. now that summer is fully underway you might see me either in the Market, on Elgin or Bank, or the Glebe, wearing my new black boots or other high heels.

I would vote for New York and London. Seems so many girls are in heels and "anything goes" attitude helps too. It might be biased because I stayed more time in NYC than any other cities; but it's also the only city i have seen other guys in heels under normal men's cloths. Of course, we dont count the heeling meeting organized by this website.