went out again

kerm2000

Just got back in from my second outing :P was much better than the first time put more thought into it this time wore my thigh high 5" heels walked up and down a hill negotiated my first flight of stairs :P rather enjoyed myself thought going down stairs/hill was going too be harder will prob try with 6.5" heel next time or maybe ballets :D little hyper just now blood is pumping :o later

Walking up stairs is quite easy. Walking down, is a little more difficult. Always be careful on hills and ramps. Walking up a hill is far more easier than walking down. Especially if the hill or ramp is steep, be sure to use a hand rail until you gain experience and learn the technique.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Kerm191:-) What Bubba136 says about walking up and down hills is SO true. I am very cautious walking down ramps or hills. I always get the impression that my heels may slide on concrete or macadame, so it is best to be on the side of caution. And like you say, going up-hill feels like you have flats on. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

i am trying to go out but i cant find a place that i could be not seen or not grabbing the attention, any ideas,places best times, etc? . I would like t o tale long wlks but there are amny people in the streets, or if in the night may be a little suspicious what do you think, i want to take a walk with my 5inch pumps, or boots but i dont dare to take the risk of being watched.

V. Morpho

i am trying to go out but i cant find a place that i could be not seen or not grabbing the attention, any ideas,places best times, etc? . I would like t o tale long wlks but there are amny people in the streets, or if in the night may be a little suspicious what do you think, i want to take a walk with my 5inch pumps, or boots but i dont dare to take the risk of being watched.

Morpho ,

I am not sure why you don't want anyone to see you? (Well I guess I was that way once) , people are going to say just do it (I am one of them) , and for some thats fine , but maybe you should start by just wearing long jeans , throw some stockings on and your pumps and go for a drive. Stop at a gas station and make the short walk from your car to the soda cooler (or whatever you fancy) , buy it and walk out. You might find these short "outings" will make you greedy for more.

Anyway , Good luck! and remember to have fun with it!

Morpho;

I agree with kiltsrgr8 about taking small trips out in public to a convienence store or just short walks out on city streets or parks in the early evenings while wearing some long jeans this will help you boost your confidence and get practice in wearing Heels, especially TALL ones which maybe you'll will want to wear in the future and when you do gain your confidence you will be able to go out in public and show your Heels off with Pride and go anywhere and anytime. P.S. Don't worry about people watching you - I felt that way too like kiltsrgr8 and many others, but this feeling will soon pass with each time that you wear your Heels out in public, and besides having people watch you is sometimes the best part of the experience of wearing HH's.

Morpho:-) What Kiltsrgr8 and IAMHIHEELOVER says is So true. Your name says it all and it is time for you to live up to it. It is time for you to "MORPH" from a house wearing high heel guy to a street wearing high heel guy. The more you do it, the more you will want to do it, the more fun you will have doing it, so lets get with it. You are missing out on all of the fun. We have all gone though this before you, believe me. Let us all know of your adventures out and about on public streets. We are all interested in knowing your progress. Enjoy! Cheers--- Dawn HH

Perhaps a little inspiration for those who are still unsure of wearing your heels out and about.

I was invited to join a small group of people for dinner tonight. We went to China Town in Philadelphia, as this week is the Chinese New Year.

We all met at a Kung Fu school while waiting for everyone to show up. There were about 14 people there. I only knew the instructor and was introduced to the others. We chatted and finally left for Philly in 2 cars.

I parked about 6 blocks from the restaurant, and walked with my 3 traveling companions. We all met at the restaurant, had a great dinner, then reversed the travel and we all met back at the school.

The Point is: I was wearing my 4" heel Harley boots the whole time, and I was wearing long jeans, but at least 1 inch of the heel was showing when I stood. No one at all noticed, or if they did, no one mentioned my boots.

So all you Shy Guys, Get out there and enjoy.

Gary0618

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Hi Morpho, I have been to Austin. I remember it being the place where the guy who wrote 'King of the Hill lived and that some of the people based were folk that lived near him and this was told to me by guys that lived there all their lives. needless to say I don't think that you would fit into the background as much as you would in say New York. I would be tempted to get some descret heels to start with. and take it from there. you may well be one of the first in your town. Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

As the others have said, Get some practice so you can walk easily. Don't worry about what people think as you will find not many notice. I had the same concerns not long ago. I am now wearing my 4" block heeled boots to work and haven't had any negative comments. I have to deal with customers all day and nobody has said a thing although I do notice a few taking a look. Out in the public, shopping and such, not even a glance. I enjoy wearing my heels and even my wife has given up complaining about these. I do have a few pair of stiletto boots and pumps that I still have reserve on wearing in public but I am sure soon enough this will deminish. I still haven't broken the news about the stilettos to my wife...I know this would be a problem so I am holding off.

Go out and enjot yourself...

Jim

Hi morpho, here a real life experience of me. Last saturday I had to play a team event for my chess club. Exactly in the midth of the carnival season! My revenge was that I appeared on pointy 4'' boots :P:D:o Now the hammer: no comment of my opponent and no comment of any member of my and the other team. Naturally everybody could hear my 'click-clack' in the tournament room. The only noise besides my heels was the silent 'tick-tick' of the chess clocks. When I went outside together with my colleague Lars, I said "It's time to heel down for smoking a cigarette". Only a little grinning but then a lot of discussion about our games. Are chess players particularly tolerant or particularly reserved? I should mention that I'm playing the first board in my club, hence it was eventually too easy for me :P micha PS: Shit, we lost this match, me on heels at least a withdraw!

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Micha:-) The tick-tick sound was probably not noticed as everyone thought it the ticking sound of the chess clocks. Most were probably more concerned with the game than the clicking sound of high heels. Don't worry about losing the game as you live to fight another day. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I think if a person wears their heels in public should be prepared for any type of reaction they get while wearing them. Which includes attracting attention with the sound of the heels. That being said, if they feel they make too much noise, then the time to fix it is before they wear them outside of the house. :P

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Micha

When I learned chess the first thing I was taught was that the best defense is a good offence. I think the same thing applies to wearing heels. Present a positive image and no one will question you.

The second thing was keep your mind on the game. Heels and boots can be a distraction. :P

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

kerm191, nice sharing... morpho, go and dare, as kiltsrgr8 suggests, take it easy and chose small walks. One of my first times was far away from my place in a crowded shopping center... The pleasure of walking in heels was bigger than the risk of being spotted. Try 2-3" and increase height along with your confidence. If you do not want to be spotted, then stay at home... I think it's the pleasure of walking in heels that drives us. OK, we are different from other men who walk in flats, so what. When I walk in the streets with my 5" clogs, I like it. Full stop. I do it not to be noticed, but because I like it. If somebody notices (and this happen), either he/she does not care, either he/she thinks I am mad, either he/she giggles, or he/she thinks it's great. Either way, the final point is in the pleasure I take in wearing heels. So do it and take the risk to enjoy it! :P Marc