Compare thigh boots

quirm

(Hope this is the right place to post this... I'm new here.) I'm about to buy some thigh boots for my wife. :D I'm considering the Pleaser Beverlys or the Ellie Susies. Can someone make a recommendation between the two?

Fair enough suggestion... funds prevent buying both immediately. Anybody able to clarify any differences - I can't see a huge difference from the catalogue-style photos at online shops though I see the Susie is slightly more expensive. (I believe I'd be able to order a pair of the Susies earlier though.)

I've got 5 pairs of Susies and three pairs of Beverleys. I like the fit of the Beverleys better but that's probably because I have that shape feet. They also seem to be formed better in the insole too.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I recommend the leather boots rather then the vinyl. I have tried the Beverly style in a store and didn’t buy them. I have several pair of leather boots from Pleaser and Ellie which I find much more comfortable. Get a pair for yourself too. :D

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I suppose part of it depends on how she's going to wear them. For occasional bedroom use I wouldn't think it mattered that much, but if she's planning on wearing them all day leather would be more comfortable. It is more expensive though. I've not had any experience of Ellie shoes, but have a few pairs of Pleaser ones and have found them to be well made. If you can find both for sale in one place, ask about the returns policy. They may let you order both and then return one pair. Chris

I have bought shoes and boots by Ellie and Pleaser. The Pleasers seem to be better made and packaged, but this is a conclusion based on an examination of only 8-10 items of each make. It would not surprise me if they are all made at the same factory in China. It's a good idea to find a store where you can not only try the boots on, but inspect them thoroughly. Sometimes imported boots of the same make and model suffer variations in fit, quality of workmanship, materials, and the manufacturing process.

Michael

I have bought shoes and boots by Ellie and Pleaser. The Pleasers seem to be better made and packaged, but this is a conclusion based on an examination of only 8-10 items of each make. It would not surprise me if they are all made at the same factory in China.

It's a good idea to find a store where you can not only try the boots on, but inspect them thoroughly. Sometimes imported boots of the same make and model suffer variations in fit, quality of workmanship, materials, and the manufacturing process.

This is because many manufacturers "farm out" production to a number of contractors. The shame is in some countries they don't have the same attitude to quality control we have.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Well, if you are willing to skimp on quality to save a few bucks for a pair that see very little use outside of the house (not gonna name which room), then the cheaper pairs will always have a market. For those who are willing to save up for a pair of boots that look as good as they feel, expect what you pay for. I'm willing to pay $15 for a pair of wedge sneakers from Payless that I might wear doing a little yard work, or plan to carve up to make wedge inserts for work boots :D But I am also willing to pay +$400 for a pair of VERY nice thigh high boots from Qualifetish.. I also paid around $100 for a pair of zip up thigh highs from Devious. Both have their high points, but if I could only have one pair, it would be the better ones. As far as the two pair's in question.. sorry.. can't help. Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

• 3 months later...

I ADORE my thighboots :):o - and have pairs by Elle, Fantasy Shoes and Leatherworks. The Elle "Susies" are fabulously sexy, especially in white leather - and really horny to wear. But for white boots - the Leatherworks pair are just "the business". Have a look to the left :oops: !!!