Tittering In The Cinema

Dr. Shoe

Ruth and I went to see Troy the other day and all through the film all we could hear were two stupid women behind us making lewd and supposedly witty comments about Brad Pitt's leather mini-skirt. it struck me that if a man made similar comments about a woman dressed in a similar garment he would be called chauvinistic or sexist. Thinking about it I think it is an example of "trouser tyranny" where women can wear men's styles at will but woe betide any man who reciprocates.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Yeah, and you can imagine what they would say if he went to pick up his award in that same outfit....... :roll: I think the term "trouser tyranny" fits quite nicely! The fashion lines are unfairly drawn, and need badly to be set right.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

they were probably jealous that he looked better in it than they do. women like to keep fashion as their own. It is their belief that only they make the effort and look decently dressed, but if they assessed the crap fashion choices we get lumbered with then they would understand why. me and jade went round meadowhall clothes shopping. of the 6 shops we went in i only saw a couple of decent tops that i liked. Jade on the other hand, of the 10 times more womens clothes shops that we visited, could have brought home half the complex. So much choice. Hardly seems fair. Its hard to believe that someone somewhere, designers or manufacturers sit there and design 20 styles of tops for a woman, and 3 for a man. then not stop to think, hang on why is everything for women....... unless the designers etc are women, in which case they are obviously self centered. sorry about the moan, but the scale seems to weigh fairness and equality onto the womens side. daz

I agree with ya Daz, I'm always pointing this inequality out to my wife hoping she will allow me more choice in shoes, by using the womens section. Check out catalogues and see how many pages each gender has for clothes or shoes. It sucks for us guys

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

I would just point out that is a sexist comment and tell them that you were offended. Also point out if men made the same comments you would be offended as well. In some cases if we don't speak up they will keep that kind of attitude. Men's fashion does not change a often as women, some where around every three years. I think the practical side of men limits selection because we tend to buy other stuff like electronics, tools, and cars in mass quantity leaving clothing only to cover our nakedness.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Sexism be damned, I'd have told them to shut up as I was trying to watch a film! That aside, while I have no real interest in women's clothes, the inequality does annoy me. If my wife were to wear my Caterpillar boots, no one would bat an eyelid, however if I were to walk down the street in her high heeled ankle boots it would be different. Hardly fair. Chris

well I would have told her- to put it politly- "shut the hell up so I can hear the movie" :roll: just the fact that she (& her idiot friend) were talking @ all when they should not proves she had no class whatsoever!!!

men still look good with pants tucked into the right boots!

A glairing look and a loud Shussssshhhhhhhhh, usually does the trick...any backtalk quickly attracts the theater manager (usually at a patron's request)!

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 1 month later...

I completely agree with all that has been posted before me. It seems that the women are quite satified to have all of the choices in the fashion world knowing that they have all of society on their side. I get the impression that they wouldn't want us to take any of that from them, but gentlemen, we are slowly making inroads into this delemma by wearing any female fashion in public and co-ordinating it with some male attire. Just hang in there fellows, as it appears that things are slowly turning around and we must stick together and eventually make this happen. Our battle cry must be, "Fashion freedom for all men", thereby fashion equality must come for us all. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!