Video Games and High Heels

JinxieKat

I know.. what do they have in common, almost nothing unless you find the right arcade game. Hubby and I went to the movies this weekend. I was in jeans, white tank top, red linen jacket, and my black 3.5" sandals with heel that wasn't a block, but isn't a stiletto either. I saw this game at the arcade we were at to kill some time before the movie. It is called Dance Dance Revolution. The idea is that you stand in the center of a board set up like a Tic Tac Toe board then follow the prompts on the screen to hit the right boxes and 'dance'. I love to dance and had to try. Oh my I had a ball. My husband thought I was nutz for trying it in heels, but it was a piece of cake. If I missed a step it was a lack of coordiation on my part, not clumsyness caused by the heels. I didn't topple over once. I did enjoy the other folks watching me too. Hehe! JinxieKat

jinxiekat sounds like you had fun at the cinema, but dancing in heels, man that would hurt after awhile, bet u got some admiring looks from other girls for doing it in heels tho. so next time u go take a camera so we can have a pic of you doing it. lol later nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

I'm actually something of a DDR nut and I'm really impressed that you got up and danced in heels. However, I'm betting you didn't set it on one of the harder songs like 'Hysteria' or 'Drop out'. If you did those in heels I'd think you were some kind of a dancing genius

I wish I was a size 10

nhoj62: Actually it's funny. I dance better in the higher heels than I walk in them. I am able to 'dance' in my ballet heels while walking is still a bit of a challenge. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not doing wild dance moves or anything very graceful, but I would pass for being in normal shoes in the typical night club. Provided that noone minds a bit of dirty danceing *lol* Alex: Nooo. .you are quite right. It was the first time I had played DDR.. I stuck to the songs I knew for the most part. Though it was funny, I could barely manage the slower songs, the mid paced ones were perfect. I didn't try any of the very fast ones. Though I did just splurge and buy myself a mat and game for home. Give me a few months of practice and we'll have to see. I plan on going back to that theatre to try! It was just much to much fun showing off! JinxieKat

Recently I was watching a TV pannel show where the guests were discussing great dancers of the last centruy. Two names, Fred Astair and Gene Kelly, were mentioned more frequently than any others. One of the guests tossed out the name of a woman dancer that often appeared in films with Fred Astair, Ginger Rogers, and said that she had to be one of the best dancers of all times because she had to dancel while wearing a dress, high heels while doing it all backwards. More power to ya!!!!!, JinxieKat. :D

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba I think the conversation was along the lines of some one talking to Ginger Rogers saying what great dancer Fred Astair was. Ginger replied that he was "and all we girls can do is the same steps backwards and in 5 inch heels." Jeff

Almost right Jeff! It was actually "I do everything that Fred Astaire does, backwards and in high heels". Impressive though she was, her heels were semi-slim forties' style and no more that 3" or 3.5"! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

You know what? I once saw a fantastic sight similar to your description. A beutiful lady wearing a short skirt and sexy black court shoes, a nice steletto probably 4" high playing one of those dancing games! A lot of fun to watch, and she was doing very well considering the shoes! Now I was thinking this post was going to be about computer games that include the heels!?

Dancing in heels on a hard pad like in the arcades would be a bit of a challenge to be sure, but I'd love to see some of the men take a go at it and see how well they do. Also, doing driving games in heels can be fun too (is that more of a fetish thing?). You see those videos where the girl gets in the car and stomps down on the gas in her stilettos, so perhaps it's a bit of a rush there too. I've done it a few times and enjoyed it every single one.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I would think it would be better to fast dance with boots on (ankle, knee-high, thigh-high) since they provide added ankle support. With pumps and sandals, it's way to easy to injure an ankle. And you can't wear heels when you're recuperating from an injury.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 2 months later...

Shockqueen:-) I haven't driven in heels in any "Driving Games", but I have driven cars many times in high heels. Very thrilling. Especially when you have a powerful car that likes to eat up pavement quickly. Like 0 - 60 in about 4 seconds. Quite a rush. I get in, start the car, and stomp the gas pedal clean to the floor. The angle of your foot and ankle are in quite a different position when in high heels while driving. It is an incredibly different feeling with the height of the heel plastered to the floor board and the toes stuck in the fan belt. Guaranteed to keep the toe-nails short on your right foot. An incredible and exciting feeling all through your body. Nothing like it. Cheers--- Dawn HH :roll:

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Recently I was watching a TV pannel show where the guests were discussing great dancers of the last centruy. Two names, Fred Astair and Gene Kelly, were mentioned more frequently than any others. One of the guests tossed out the name of a woman dancer that often appeared in films with Fred Astair, Ginger Rogers, and said that she had to be one of the best dancers of all times because she had to dancel while wearing a dress, high heels while doing it all backwards. More power to ya!!!!!, JinxieKat. :roll:

I had the opportunity to see Ginger Rogers and Mickey Roonie in Sugar Babies in New Orleans back in either 1970 or 1980.

Even though she was arou 60 years old, she could still dance, and how!!!

ok.. lets change tack a little and go back to computer games,,, has anyone played any games where the character wears heels??? examples on the xbox - matrix and alias.

when i was on holiday (about a month since it started (iv been back for about two weeks) i saw two 16/17 year old girls on one of those machines in heels (high for them i suppose) one was wearing these slough boots (with a 1" heel) and the other was in black sandals with a 3" heel with black ties around the legs (it was the older of the two in the sandals) i tryed to take a picture with my 3650 but it didnt quite turn out...

• 1 month later...

ok.. lets change tack a little and go back to computer games,,,

has anyone played any games where the character wears heels???

examples on the xbox - matrix and alias.

*points to avatar*

While you probably don't care about 2D fighting, that is B.Jenet from Garou-Mark of the Wolves.

chris: I like Anna a little more than Nina based on her style alone-even if it's impractical. :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well, coming from a guy who wears red patent pumps in public, I like that pic a WHOLE lot! In fact, the entire outfit rocks! :D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!