Hey, question about clothing...

Gothikaheels

Hey, I know this site is about heels but i have a question about juniors jeans... I have a pair of flared Mudd jeans, not bleached, just normal, but skinny at top and flared at botttom, i usually wear baggy carpenter jeans but i want to try to wear a pair of girls/juniors jeans... am i able to wear these as a 16 yearold male to wear in highschool without anyone noticing?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15653&item=4144306711&ssPageName=STRK:MEBWA:IT

How can we answer that? We don't know how observant people are at your school, what the social climate is, general dress cultures etc. Only you know those things. But, if you want me to take a guess, I'd say yes. They look fairly unisex to me, especially when they are worn, some of the cut curves will disappear, and if someone does notice, who cares anyway? Go for it Gothika!

I went out the other weekend during the day wearing a pair of jeans similar to those that you described - and no-one noticed. I had a coat on as well but most people just see jeans and don't stop to stare at the shape or the cut. Go for it!

I have worn these: http://store.alloy.com/catalog/browse/productview.asp?PRODUCT_ID=18510&PARENT=110&PARENT=10030

these:

http://www.gfla.com/Catalog/product.aspx?j~&&pd=10555&cr=0&sm=1

these:

http://www.gfla.com/Catalog/product.aspx?j~&&pd=0484&cr=0&sm=1

and denim and black twill jeans similar to these:

http://www.gfla.com/Catalog/product.aspx?j~&&pd=9283&cr=0&sm=1

nearly every day for the past 2 years at college. If a ~50 year old "2nd tim around" college student can "get away with" wearing pants as androgynous as these, and even get positive comments from girls and guys alike (average age ~21), I don't see why a high-schooler couldn't get away with wearing what ALL guys in high school AND college were wearing when I was in college the first time (mid to late 70's), which is what the MUDD jeans you pictured actually are. The fact that they are now mostly sold only in girls' and womens' shops at the moment is merely an inconvenience.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I don't think Gothikaheels' problem is wearing the jeans so much as it is that the jeans he wants to wear are "women's" jeans and his fear arises from the possibility that someone will recognize them as such. Not to worry, no one will know the difference. And, if they do, just say they aren't, saying that they are a pair from the 70's that you found on eBay and go about your business. Now, get out there in public wearing them. And, get a nice pair of ankle boots with 3 or 4" chunky heels to wear with them. You'd be surprised how easy it is. :D (a pair of boots like these would do the trick:

Posted Image

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I wear falred Mudd jeans regularly. You won't have a problem. Don't forget that even among the men's jeans there are flared styles now. So, people will just look at you as a funkier dressed male. I have NEVER ask anyone me if I wear women's pants.

I regularly wear Liz Claborne boot-cut jeans and I had my Venezia boot-cut jeans on all day with a pair of 3.5" chunky-heeled knee-high boots under them as the wife and I were taking care of some shopping chores. No one has ask me yet if I wear ladies jeans. I like the fit and feel of the women's jeans better than my male ones. They are quite comfortable and the cut feels great. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I recently took a pair of jeans from the wardrobe and put them on, wore them all day thinking how comfortable they were. My wife noticed at bedtime that they were hers, and went mad at me, thinking I did it on purpose, which I didn't. But it did raise an interesting point that even she hadn't noticed I was wearing her (ladies) jeans untill the label showed. But as they don't fit her, they are now mine and are getting worn regularly, but even this gets a comment from my wife occasionally about "crossdressing, wearing womens jeans again". I point out that she didn't notice and nor has anyone else, so obviously they aren't feminine jeans. I have to tell her too that if I have to stay in "mens clothes" then she better buy skirts and blouses so I don't confuse her jeans or t' shirts with mine again. :D

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

I did exactly the same as you Shyguy a while back and my wife just laughed as they did'nt fit her either! I just thought as you did that they seemed a bit more comfotable than usual !

My first wife and I actually shared jeans. I was a lot skinnier then and actually had a 28" waist (hers was 26") and all our jeans were stretchy ones which were fashionable for both sexes in the late 80s/early 90s. The ones I wore most often were the ones with zips at the ankles, I liked them because they were overtly female but other guys were wearing similar anyway.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Shyguy:-) TUSHAY! An excellent point for you and congratulations on obtaining another pair of jeans with a bit of mileage left in them. Instant wear---no alterations neccessary. It looks like things may be ever-so-slowly turning around for you. Good work. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Loveheel:-) I have never had to take any identifying tags off of my ladies jeans yet. A couple of pairs have a tag under the belt where it doesn't show, and my Venezia's have a small bit of fancy stitching on the right rear pocket. I wear t-shirts and leave the tail out which effectively covers the fancy stitching. No problem. No one can tell the difference. I don't complicate anything. Cheers-- Dawn HH

DawnHH said

It looks like things may be ever-so-slowly turning around for you

Umm fraid not, it's 1 step forward and 2 back. The shoes she had from Next which are very comfortable, and she won't wear because I told her how masculine they looked which I was hoping to get from her. NO WAY.

I wore them in the house for a few days when off work a while back, and she seemed to be ok with it, went back to work, came home and they were hidden. I found them, but it's daggers when I get them out of the shoe cupboard. All discussions go forward as I think she is trying to understand/compromise, then she backtracks right back to square one. Oh well, can't have everything in life, will have to settle for having the woman I love and missing out on heels.

:D

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Shyguy:-) I can see your point about 1 step forward and 2 steps backward. But you are not completely without chances once in a while to wear heels. Being that your wife is with you sometimes and against you others probably means she really can't make her mind up on the subject, but does think about it from time to time. It's a waiting game for you and you must be extremely patient and let her decide in her own time. When she sees that this problem of hers isn't going away, then she will have to make a decision one way or the other. I'll keep my fingers crossed that she will once and for all decide WITH you. I know it is a very frustrating thing for you. At least she does let you wear HER shoes around the house sometimes. You must both have the same size feet to be able to do that. I sure couldn't do that with my wife as she is a U.S. size 5, and I am a U.S. size 7 and a half. I feel if we were the same size that she would be willing to swope shoes back and forth with me at times. Cheers--- Dawn HH :D

Well shyguy i get a feeling of deja vu when i read your posts.In my case it feels like three steps back! ,my wife, she's a good woman and its not always possible to have your cake and eat it!!! Only time will tell what the outcome will be.

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

I think we all deal with the one step forward and two back thing but the steps forward are worth it. Saturday it was a rainy dreary day here so middle of the afternoon I decided after taking a shower that I would slip into a pair of black thigh highs and 6" black patent stilletto pumps and just watch some television and see how my wife reacted. What a pleasant surprise! Everything went great. She had actually bought the stockings for me for Valentines Day and I hadn't worn them much so she noticed that. Turned out to be a great afternoon and I left them on a lot longer than I normally would.

Wineanddine:-) I know that you think your progress with your wife is extremely slow. As I have said before---you must be very patient and allow your wife to make and understand her decisions in her own time and eventually she, (in most cases), will come around when she sees that this thing you have will not go away. In that respect, women are like a fine wine, (no pun intended), they get better with age. The fact that she bought you thigh-highs for such a special day as Valentines Day, she will expect you to wear them. Also the fact that you had the hose and heels on longer than usual also means that she was all right with that too. Good things come to he who is the most patient. Hang in there---it appears that it isn't as cloudy as it once was. My progress at first was slow also and over a period of time things improved gradually as she discovered that my wearing heels really didn't change me as a man. I'm still the same person as always, but with a special gift. Cheers--- Dawn HH :D

DawnHH: Thank you for the insight. Coming from someone who has obviously "been there and done that" I appreciate your comments. I currently have just 3 pairs of pumps in the house and she is aware of all of them. At least she doesn't try to hide them from me as the one guy's S.O. was doing. I would definitely take that as a negative that needed to be worked on. Thanks again. Wineanddine

Wineanddine:-) Thank you for the kind words on my so-called "in-sight". I'm just relating my experiences in hope that they will benefit some of the younger heelers that are following in the tracks of us more experienced fellows. Yes, I have been there, done that, but you know---you don't get a t-shirt for doing this. Just hang in there as it appears that your wife may be ever-so-slowly coming around. I really hope I'm right on this, as this is the way it appears to me to be progressing. Time will tell. Cheers--- Dawn HH :D