The One Who Got Away

On 4/25/2021 at 10:22 AM, Cali said:

My 50th comes up next year. I haven't been in decades. But if I go, it will be in heels.  They usually get around 300-400 to attend (under 30%).

My tenth was the last one. Friends from school days I want to se, I still see. The rest I could care less.

I remember this one gal at my ten year. At first nobody knew who she was, quite attractive, slim, but curvy, wearing a sexy dress and heels. Finally I walked over to introduce myself as I just had to know. When I walked up I saw her name tag and had to pick my lower jaw off the floor. I recognized the name right away. She just laughed at my reaction and said, "I get that a lot!" When she graduated she was a bit pump, with this horrible witches' nose, really drab, seriously, nothing to look at. We talked for a while and she said she just had to do something with her looks so she went on a severe diet/exercise regiment and got a nose job and learned how to fix her hair and make up. I told her what ever she had done was worth it and she looked fantastic! I told her that most people had no clue who she was, nobody recognized her. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Thread had me go back a bit for a memory I had of "The one who got away"...

It was high school, I was either a Junior or a Senior and she was a Freshman. She sat on the nearby lounge chairs and I figured I would tease her a bit before inviting myself over as well. I really liked her at the time, but the fact that at That moment, she 1) was a braceface, 2) wore these two-inch wedges with 3) crossed legs in a skirt...At that time, I somehow kept my cool and started to chat her up a little. I honestly do not know why I didn't try for her at that moment, besides for the fact that every girl I crushed on during high school, I saved the "moment" to shoot my shot for Valentine's Day. Well Clearly it didn't work as I'm still single to this day, lol 😅

"The one who got away"? More like "The one who couldn't wait that long!"

• Like 1

Formally "HHDude"

10 hours ago, ChipsHH said:

Thread had me go back a bit for a memory I had of "The one who got away"...

It was high school, I was either a Junior or a Senior and she was a Freshman. She sat on the nearby lounge chairs and I figured I would tease her a bit before inviting myself over as well. I really liked her at the time, but the fact that at That moment, she 1) was a braceface, 2) wore these two-inch wedges with 3) crossed legs in a skirt...At that time, I somehow kept my cool and started to chat her up a little. I honestly do not know why I didn't try for her at that moment, besides for the fact that every girl I crushed on during high school, I saved the "moment" to shoot my shot for Valentine's Day. Well Clearly it didn't work as I'm still single to this day, lol 😅

"The one who got away"? More like "The one who couldn't wait that long!"

Sorry buddy, have you ever tried to research and possibly reconnect with any of your "lost opportunities"?

2 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Sorry buddy, have you ever tried to research and possibly reconnect with any of your "lost opportunities"?

Ehhh, not really.

Only because I have before but most are already taken, happily married, or even gone for their own gender which I'm fine with. I believe the girl in question here was married so it truly does become "the one that got away" for me.

Formally "HHDude"