mlroseplant

Do Heels Make You a Better Person?

12 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I tend to follow the "compliment, then walk away" method. Hasn't failed me yet.

This has worked for me too.  Too many times to mention.

Often times, it results in more conversation too.  But that's not the outcome I'm attached to.  

Best cases, girls have offered to let me wear their heels.  Some have even given me their heels to keep (yes, it's true).  

Anyway....on topic with the thread, my personality in heels depends on the context.  If going out at night, I'm way more flirty.  If daytime, I just feel a strong sense of self esteem. 

Ultimately, for fashion, I do what's good for myself, not others.  This in turn gives me more "self esteem".

EDIT: I'm at a coffee shop right now.  In Brooklyn (still can't believe how long it took me to discover how much fun BK is).  There's a blonde sitting at the front of the shop in a denim blue top, black denim, red earrings, and black block heel ankle boots.  It looks great.  My compliment to her if it strikes me when I leave will be "I love your color palette! The denim blue and black looks great on you"

DOUBLE EDIT: I just asked her to take my photo, since I was wearing heels.  She smiled and happily obliged.  Sadly, the pic didn't turn out well enough to share it here.  

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 1

The driveby compliments works both ways. I give many of my compliments this way, mainly because we are walking in different directions.  I get many of my compliments from men in this fashion. Today I guy pass me on his bike and by the time I hear "I like your jacket" he was already far way.

13 hours ago, Cali said:

driveby compliments

Quite an accurate metaphor

• Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 12:16 AM, Cali said:

The driveby compliments works both ways. I give many of my compliments this way, mainly because we are walking in different directions.  I get many of my compliments from men in this fashion. Today I guy pass me on his bike and by the time I hear "I like your jacket" he was already far way.

We won't talk about the antithesis to this, the driveby insults. Haven't had that happen for quite a while, thankfully.