Boots causing pain and temporary blisters

Ok, so I own a pair of Jessica Simpson boots, model Yana.

m_58581f3bd14d7bb74e039c73.jpg

The front platform is solid wood and doesnt flex.  It's also got a cup shape where the edges curve upwards on the sides and sort of hug your foot a bit.  They were super comfortable, note I said were.  I've only worn them about a dozen times or so indoors with a decent amount of sitting, but for some reason now my feet, especially my right foot, slide sideways inside the boots and a small part of my foot overlaps that edge of the platform. (circled below)

Inkedfoot-problems-bottom-view-210x167_LI.jpg.51c626c6d2038131abd139eb53fbe95c.jpg

I walk duck toed with my toes pointed outward rather than straight and I think the leather on the side of the boot has stretched a bit.  There is no visible damage to them and if I sit down and slide my feet around inside the boots, I can get my foot to rest in a position where that isnt happening.  As soon as I start walking again, my foot instantly slides over and the pain starts.  This wasnt a problem when I first bought them.  I tried gel inserts, but they made the whole foot bed feel funny and uncomfortable.  Im really saddened by this as I searched long and hard to find this pair of boots in my size and in this color after they were discontinued.  Hard enough to find boots I really like in US 11, lets make it a very specific color and model combination from a designer that typically stops at 10 on most shoes.

I'm not sure if the platforms on my black JS annes is wood or not, might be wood painted black.  My boots are size 11 also, was lucky to find them...Keep looking for those hot JS cowboy boots, but only find them in smaller sizes like you mentioned.  I have taken walks about a mile in duration in my boots, fortunately have never had a problem....Would be interested in knowing if you have the same problem wearing my boots...Don

JS are way too narrow for my feet. They are just a narrow brand.  

Could your foot be sliding down more in the shoes, so they go pass the widest point and slides into the narrow spot?

Is your toes in the same spot as when you first got the boots or further down towards the tip?

pebblesf - I think your platforms are wood, but I cant find a good enough pic in the brown, this was the closest I could find... and it looks like they are covered in leather.

m_5432ee68fe9a2b055701df27.jpg

Kneebooted - I cant say that mine have significant wear, they still look brand new.  I think I have a total of 60 hours in them, 3 hour at a time, mostly sitting at my computer, with some walking around my home on carpet.  Maybe wore them once a week in a rotation with my other boots.  Im sorry to hear about the sole coming off, luckily mine has not started to do that yet.

Cali - Those are really good questions that Im not 100% sure on the answer.  Im pretty positive that the widest part of my foot is not sliding into the narrower section, however, I can not honestly say that my toes are in the same spot as they were when I first got them.  They are pretty steep and the back portion of the heel has quite a slope so you cant really take any weight off the balls of your feet when standing still in them.  All your weight is constantly sliding forward.  I do agree with you and JS being a narrow boot.  We tried to buy a pair of ankle boots for my wife and neither of us could get our foot down into them.  The opening across the vamp was so stinking small there was no way to get them on.

I went back into the closet today and inspected them again.  I havent worn them in over a year and it's really the first time I pulled them out in just as much time.  Visual inspection on the outside looked a little different.  I used to be able to see exactly where the side of my foot had made an impression in the leather, its not there anymore.  I reached down inside to feel where that ridge was that bothered me so much and I had a hard time feeling it.  It's almost like the leather returned to its former state before I wore them so much.  Sometime soon I will have to give them another shot and see if the problem has "corrected" itself or not.  If it hasnt, then maybe it might be time to move on from them and try to find another pair that fits the tan leather, chunky wooden heel, slouchy style.

• Like 1

Boots are hard to find. Tried on a pair at a Steve Madden store on Friday then another at Aldo's. Still no luck. I guess I need to find one with a zipper that goes all the way to the top, just can't make the bend.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I tried them on again yesterday.  I've figured out the issue, but have no idea how to solve it, or if there is a solution.  Basically, Cali, you are right in a way.  They seem too narrow, however, they dont squeeze my foot in the least bit.  The issue seems to be that the foot area is wider than the platform below it.  My foot fills that entire area, and the inside portion of my foot "spills" over the edge of the platform below.  I wore them about 30 minutes with only 2 minutes of actual walking, the rest sitting.  When I took them off, I had bright red lines that were sore on the bottoms of my feet where the edge had dug in.  I really think it's time to put these up for sale to someone who can actually wear them.

• Like 1