Looking For Hat Ideas

mlroseplant

As many of you may be aware, winter is setting in here in the Northern Hemisphere. In my little corner of the world, the season is starting out even colder than usual. I need a dressy hat that covers my ears.

For work and play, I've always worn a stocking cap (beanie) or a balaclava. However, I think these hats look ridiculous with heels, as they are far too casual.

What do you guys do when the temperature plunges?

Thanks, Melrose

I still wear my wool felt fedora in the winter. When it is really bitter cold and windy, I tie my scarf over my hat to pull the brim down over my ears and then wrap the remainder around my neck.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

My lady & I have a furry 'Cossack' type hat each. They look either cool or sinister, (or even both), when worn with heeled boots & a full length leather coat. but they're toasty warm.

They aren't real fur so I guess only one faux was killed to make both of them!

mlroseplant-    I think Shafted has "the" look you seek. A fedora should not only like great with an outfit complimented with heels but should also cover your ears which adds to the androgynous look as well. Other styles include the type of hats one often sees being sold in shoe stores like Aldo, Steve Madden, and Bakers. They often are not quite a fedora but are a reasonable alternative. I almost never go out now without some kind of cap or hat on. Hats and heels....an inseparable combination!  HappyinHeels 

I like to wear wool Melton newsboy caps, when the weather gets cold. They really don't cover your ears, but they keep your head warm. Get them at E4hats.com.

I also have several colors of cotton newsboy caps, that I wear in warmer weather. A newsboy cap and heels go great together.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay