Lusting After Replica Louboutins - Experiences?

alphax

I'm lusting after a pair of Louboutins, but of course the real things don't come in my size 45.

So I've been checking out some Louboutin "replica" sites, and here's one that says they can get them in large sizes:

http://www.pumpsatuk.com/christian-louboutin-sea-nn-girl-100mm-leather-boots-black-p-9657.html#sg

I've seen them moving around, they used to have a domain at pumpsisok.com which just adds to my uneasiness for trying them.

Does anyone have experience with this vendor?  Other "replica" vendors?

Note:  I'm not personally or commercially affiliated with pumpsatuk/pumpsisok

Replica = FAKE. You may be lucky and get something halfways decent, most likely you won't. And forget about any form of warranty. And if a heel fails and you break and ankle? Would you knowingly buy other products that are pirated fakes? Perhaps if the amount of money is trivial and the consequences of a failure are harmless. Perhaps if you could see, feel and try the product in person before handing over the dosh? Neither of those applies here.

Recently my GF bought a fake designer watch whole on holiday in Turkey. Advertised with refreshing honesty as "genuine fake". It wasn't too much money and the consequences of failure are harmless. Anyway the movement will be a cheap generic quartz one which should be OK. I had to sort out a rough bit of manufacturing on the bracelet which left a sharp edge.

Some might take a more moral view and say that buying fakes knowingly is always wrong. Buying without knowing can be dangerous, as some "Apple" branded chargers have shown.: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2406185/Fake-Apple-Cheap-phone-chargers-burn-house.html

I too would like to try a pair Louboutin boots but I've got EU43 feet and I'm not prepared to throw even $200 at a fake, let alone several times that on the real thing. Even it was available in EU43.

I saw some fakes at a market in East London and they were very good.

Apart from the moral and perhaps legal aspects there is always a risk that you might be ripped off. i.e. they might not necessarily deliver as promised.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I saw some fakes at a market in East London and they were very good.

The good doctor was able to look, feel and try before choosing to buy or not. You don't get that when buying online except as noted below.

If you are buying online  within the EU from an EU based supplier you have the protection of the Distance Selling Regulations which give an (almost) absolute right to retun goods for any reason within 7 days. If the supplier is dodgy you might find it hard to enforce. In the UK you also have possible protection under the law governing transactions made with credit cards. If either party is outside the EU then it's pot luck.

The good doctor was able to look, feel and try before choosing to buy or not. You don't get that when buying online except as noted below.

If you are buying online  within the EU from an EU based supplier you have the protection of the Distance Selling Regulations which give an (almost) absolute right to retun goods for any reason within 7 days. If the supplier is dodgy you might find it hard to enforce. In the UK you also have possible protection under the law governing transactions made with credit cards. If either party is outside the EU then it's pot luck.

Actually the only reason I didn't get some was because they only went up to 41.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Indeed.

There are three possible reasons.

1. They haven't paid the renewal. Probably not making enough money.

2. It's been shut down.

3. It was a website that was built before the owners realised that making money this way wasn't as easy as they thought.

Indeed.

There are three possible reasons.

1. They haven't paid the renewal. Probably not making enough money.

2. It's been shut down.

3. It was a website that was built before the owners realised that making money this way wasn't as easy as they thought.

#1 according to the whois data:

Registrars.
Domain Name: PUMPSATUK.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1783222665_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Update Date: 2013-02-27 23:01:51
Creation Date: 2013-02-27 22:59:02
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2014-02-27 22:59:02
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@godaddy.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.480-624-2505
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited

• 3 weeks later...

Why dont you have a go at spray painting a pair you already have ???

The paint you should use is acyilic spray paint (Signal Red) from B&Q, (if you live in UK/Eire it's about £6). Don't use ordinary house paint - this is oil based and takes forever to dry (and remains tacky for WEEKS sometimes !) Use masking tape to mask off the main body of the shoe and buy a small tin of cellulose thinners to get any overspray off with a bit of old rag. The spray paint usually needs two coats sprayed about 30 minutes apart - then leave for 24 hours, remove the masking tape, take any overspray off with the thinners, and leave to air off for about a couple of days. It should leave a mirror finish - use some furniture polish on the parts you can see and the paint finish will be FAR better that any Lab ones !! (which comes off VERY easily)

In fact I bought a worn once, second-hand pair of genuine Labs for my neice as a birthday present - (as she knows I wear heels too in my house, and now loves wearing heels herself after I trained her !!!!!) - and I thought the finish quality left a lot to be desired