Dress Code

Did anybody see the article in last Sundays paper. It appears some male train drivers in Sweden have started to wear skirts at work. The train drivers have been banned from wearing shorts and as it's gets quite hot in the train cabs few are wearing skirts and the Swedish train bosses have to go along with it, one driver stated we get a few strange looks but at least we are cool.

life is not a rehearsal

Not sure why shorts were banned. If it was a safety issue, skirts would fall into the same ban. Need to get a better understaninfg of the rules/decisions. Otherwise - - - cool.

Seems there were bus drivers doing the same thing a few years back, if memory serves.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Not sure why shorts were banned. If it was a safety issue, skirts would fall into the same ban. Need to get a better understaninfg of the rules/decisions.

Otherwise - - - cool.

I suspect shorts are considered too informal but since women are allowed to wear a skirt, so are men too. How very Scandinavian.

Yes they seem to have used a loophole in the companies dress code using sexual equality issues as a way to protest. Clearly not a fashion statement by them. Wouldn't get away with it in my uniform as men are banned from wearing skirts.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Did anybody see the article in last Sundays paper. It appears some male train drivers in Sweden have started to wear skirts at work. The train drivers have been banned from wearing shorts and as it's gets quite hot in the train cabs few are wearing skirts and the Swedish train bosses have to go along with it, one driver stated we get a few strange looks but at least we are cool.

If you could find that article online, and post a link - - - I might have a use for that elsewhere.

Sorry Mr Heelstar only thing I can tell you is, after recovering paper from recycle bin, it was the sunday edition of the sun newspaper (June 9th 2013) article on page 29 heading I'am a tran driver. Hope that helps in anyway, did try and have a quick look online. just noticed on the front of said paper (thesun.co.uk)

life is not a rehearsal

My company has reissued their dress code. Amongst the normal for us aircraft mechs and techs is no shorts and a push for proper protective trousers/ overalls. However on the no list is :- leggings, jewellery and open toed shoes (all areas). On the yes list is :- appropriate underwear. However it isn't gender specific so several are questioning how far? More to follow I suspect. Al

This reminds me of an article I saw several years ago where a man was charged with wearing a skirt. The man stated that he had a sweat problem and I thought it was not fair he was being charged. Turns out the real problem was that he wasn't wearing going commando under the skirt, thus making it more an issue with what was showing than the wearing of the skirt.