Shoes Of Prey

AZShoeNut

Howdy,

I just stumbled upon the website for Shoes of Prey. They custom make heels. There is an online design engine that is pretty slick.

I designed up a pair and at $299 they are a bit out of my price range however it is very cool to know that they can supply somewhat custom designed shoes up to my size 12 and beyond.

Check it out.

Best,

Larry

Shoes of Prey:

http://www.shoesofprey.com/

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

To be fair though that's a good price for custom footwear if the quality is good.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

To be fair though that's a good price for custom footwear if the quality is good.

Oh you're absolutely right. A fantastic price.

Just the Mrs. and I are attempting to improve our financial situation and move into a home. It is hard to justify $299 on a pair of shoes at this time. I sure hope this place is still around in a couple years when our financial foundation is in a better place.

Funny, I keep going back to the website wondering if this is for real. I look forward to making a purchase some day.

They also have a video of their shoes being made that I rather enjoyed watching. A link is below.

Best,

Larry

Shoes of Prey:

http://www.shoesofprey.com/content/bespoke.html

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

My, my! How interesting! While $299 is more than a tad steep, the shoes on that website do look nice. Like you, AZ, I hope that company will still be around when I'm ready to buy a pair.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Upon viewing the Shoes Of Prey site, I did like their material and color choices. I didn't see any way to change the toe box from a rounded style to a more pointed look. The heel design selections didn't seem that versatile. I looked for a way to design my own style of heel and there wasn't any immediate access to do so. It seems you were out of luck, if you wanted a 6" high heel without a platform or even change the height of the platforms. Their designing capabilities are good for some customizing, but I seem to want more than they're set-up to achieve. I haven't contacted them to see if they are willing or are going to expand their designing selections yet, but I left the site a little less excited about finding or being able to design my perfect pair of stiletto heels. One thing for sure is that you won't find any sort of carnivorous heels here.

Histiletto, I found the same thing, and I was disappointed. I took a pair of sandals but I couldn't change the heel from stiletto to stacked or tapered or block. I couldn't change the configuration of the straps or the pointedness of the toes or anything else important to me, so I gave up. All I could do was change the colors and materials of their fixed styles, which is pretty limited. I had to agree to receive their emails, which I did, but unsubscribed the next day. They said they were sad to see me go, but they never asked why I was leaving, unlike a lot of places do when you unsubscribe. I would have told them the truth, but it's not worth the effort to email them. Steve

Well, I made a damn sharp looking pair of black patent wedge pumps with no platform and a four inch heel. The only sticking point? The price which is $299! WHEW!!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

The designs will be based around one or two designs of last. You are not really designing a shoe, you are creating a style from a set of parameters. I would even go as far as to say that the components are cut from stock patterns too. You won't be able to selct a heel height not on the list nor a toe shape that differs from their stock shapes. Having said that, it does look like a good way to buy shoes and I believe represents the future of online shoe ordering.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

The designs will be based around one or two designs of last. You are not really designing a shoe, you are creating a style from a set of parameters. I would even go as far as to say that the components are cut from stock patterns too. You won't be able to selct a heel height not on the list nor a toe shape that differs from their stock shapes.

Having said that, it does look like a good way to buy shoes and I believe represents the future of online shoe ordering.

I agree. Now if they could only figure out a way to try on shoes over the internet, we'd have it made!

:happy:

Steve

SWMBO has a couple of pairs from Shoes of Prey, the quality is very good and left in no doubt that you will see your shoes after parting with the hard earned! They even go as far as sending you a picture of the finished product prior to despatch, if they dont fit you can send them back (at your cost) and remade smaller or larger at no charge. They are not custom in the sense of Natacha Marro shoes, but they are very good quality and presentation is excellent. Sizing is generous.

Since I can't actually get the heels I wanted designed and made, the premise of getting custom made heels is somewhat misleading. Shoes of Prey is mainly changing heel heights and colors of a few shoe selections. If their selections are within your choices for attiring, then Shoes of Prey is the marketplace for you. As for me, if they ever expand their design selections into my preference arena, I will give them another look. Until then, my browsing will continue at sites more accommodating to my taste for certain styles of quality stiletto and/or spike pumps, hopefully within a more reasonable price range.