Rating Shoes/boots On Store Websites

hh4evr1

Only a few times. I prefer to. Read them. Sometimes the woman have good stories To go with their shoes. I remember one talking about running in the nine west I am Wearing now.

I always post a review on the web site of a retailer that I buy heels from. I also state that I am a fashion forward man, that likes to wear heels and that my wife is OK with it too. I usually thank them for making heels that appeal to men too. I even posted a picture of me on the Nine West site of me wearing a new pair of heeled boots, that I bought a couple months ago. The picture was posted along with my review. To see it go to the Nine West site and google in "Escapegoat Boot". Happy Heeling, bluejay

hh4evr1,, There was a thread about this not long ago. The majority opinion was it is worthwhile to provide comments on a store's merchandise but opinion was divided on the relevance of revealing one's gender. I have read enough reviews that I can fairly easy tell those written by a man or those that were not. Perhaps more telling might be more companies actually added a "men to women size conversion column to their size charts which would send an unmistakable message to the customers. The sales staffs, and most of the corpoarate customer service staffs already know men are shopping there. The size conversion chart would just be an affirmation of that. I would encourage posting reviews of what you honestly thought of their product and perhaps what you wore it with. Revealing gender is your call. If you walk into their in heels then revealing your gender is a moot point anyway. It's all about YOUR confidence and THEIR rapport with you. HappyinHeels

I always try to post a review and, like Bluejay, I mention that I'm a fashion forward male who appreciates the much bigger selection of colors, styles and materials in women's shoes, especially heels, and that my wife approves. I try to be very detailed an objective, and thus helpful. Even though people see it's a guy posting, I often get several "likes" or "helpful" votes. And I usually applaud the company for making shoes in bigger sizes for males. My latest review is for Naturalizer "Tribute" sandals. The first review draft didn't get posted. When I inquired, I got a response that they couldn't read it, so I submitted a second, which they also said wasn't readable. I applied for a new account and posted a third review, using a different computer. It not only showed up but the second one magically appeared as well. So there are two reviews from the same guy, a day apart. Here is the link. http://www.naturalizer.com/en-US/Product/EC0209550-3010904/Naturalizer/Black+Leather/Tribute.aspx The first one got one thumb down and zero thumbs up so far, and the second one got two thumbs down and no thumbs up. I must have upset some conservative gals. Too bad. Their problem, not mine. Steve

post-4071-0-65714700-1362876367_thumb.jp

It's probably not necessary to post gender in reviews, except it is nice to see in order to better understand the perspective and create more awareness that men purchase and wear heels. Soon the concept of men in heels will be mainstreamed and devulging ones gender will be just another bit of info.

Histiletto, You have a good point. I may stop pointing out in the review text that I'm a fashion forward guy. It's a holdover from before Naturalizer started posting the gender. I don't really need to make a big deal of it. In fact, just saying "my wife likes them on me" is probably more than sufficient, although it dispels the false assumption that a guy wearing women's shoes must be gay. Thanks for your comment. Steve