Today's Heeling Adventure...with The Band!

Rockbass19

Subtitle: My feet f'n HURT!!! Had a 4 hour practice with the band today. It was a dress rehearsal for our upcoming gig, our first gig ever, which is next week. Last week I had asked my bandmates if it was ok if I wore heels for performances and they were all cool with it. Anyway, today, I looked badass, if I do say so myself. Hair spiked, black bandana, black leather biker vest, black sleeveless shirt under it, black/gray jeans, chain wallet (with extra chains, for decor), heavy guyliner (yes I said GUYLINER - I rock it...), and my leather-ish boots from Avenue with the 2 inch block heel. I looked good, but damn, after 4 hours in those boots, I think I'm heading out tomorrow to get some cushioned insoles. OUCH! I'm still hurting. Also making me think twice about another pair of leather boots I was going to buy from Zappos, with a 3 inch thinner heel. Might not be a good idea, for performances anyway... I'll probably post a short story next week with how my gig went. Wearing the same boots...

That's cool! I do the same thing. But I don't ask them what I can wear. Put this time we had a new bass player playing with us. He had a very conservative look with short hair and everything. Anyway I came in with black leather flare pants and 4.5" heels. I absolutely hated it! at one point, I kicked off my heels because I couldn't play keys with them properly. No makeup though, I never wore it then. That was 5 years ago. Now I wear mascara, eyeliner, and foundation. I've always liked that rockstar look. No stiletto heels, but really high chunky heels. I have a pic at home somewhere ill try to find it. I looked like ritchie sambora. That's when a had dark hair. Now I have blonde hair. My friends who plays drums has the same look, and the other guys look like nerds! I grew up listening to heart and rush. I always liked to copy their style. I had that Alex Lifeson hairstyle for years and the Nancy Wilson bellbottom and high heel thing going on. Ash.

Awesome. I love the feet hurting part. I had to walk literally a mile in 4 1/2in boots With a group of people. I was seconds away from sitting down in the grass and telling Everyone I had on heels and can't go on. I wonder if woman get in that situation. Yea, they can just take their shoes off.... And Look sexy doing it.

You might want to find a pair of boots with soft rubber bottoms to them or a wedge type heel. Ive played several gigs in my wedge booties and didnt have any problems at all.

http://www.ninewest....inewest-catalog

Something like that could work. They have a good rubber bottom on them so theres no slipping on cables or cords.

post-12379-0-81715200-1362620364_thumb.j

post-12379-0-31860900-1362620373_thumb.j

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

You might want to find a pair of boots with soft rubber bottoms to them or a wedge type heel. Ive played several gigs in my wedge booties and didnt have any problems at all.

http://www.ninewest....inewest-catalog

Something like that could work. They have a good rubber bottom on them so theres no slipping on cables or cords.

Those are cool, but I'm a size 13W :mecry:

Hey Rockbass19, Well I am assuming that you went from couch to heels with little training? Even women talk of hurting feet from wearing heels, just part of the process of getting used to them. But even standing in a small area for a 4 hour stint I would ache too. Keep on going just do it you will get better and they will not hurt as much. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Rockbass19,

Well I am assuming that you went from couch to heels with little training?

Even women talk of hurting feet from wearing heels, just part of the process of getting used to them.

But even standing in a small area for a 4 hour stint I would ache too.

Keep on going just do it you will get better and they will not hurt as much.

Thanks for sharing.

Yes, I agree with this 100%. Wearing heels may seem like a fashion choice, but that's only a part of the equation. What you're getting into is also an athletic activity, and you're not going to go from zero to all-day wearing suddenly. My first pair of truly "high" heels felt really, really tall when I first got them nearly a year ago (3.5" sturdy heel with a .75" platform). Today they feel like flats, but that did not happen until I'd logged many miles in even higher heels.

When I say logged miles, I mean it. Even to this day, I will not wear a new pair of shoes in public until I've walked a couple of miles in them under cover of darkness. Sometimes I accomplish this trial phase in one outing, especially with lower heels, but sometimes it might take several shorter walks, gradually going longer and longer. I own several pairs of shoes I now walk in pretty easily that I could barely make it around the block in the first time out.

On top of all that, you are doing the hardest thing there is to do in heels, and that is to stand in one spot for a long period of time. I would suggest doing housework in the heels. Washing dishes is great training for standing in heels!

It will just give you an incentive to be active and crazy up there on stage. I can just hear this conversation: "Hey, man, great show! Where do you find the energy to move like that all night long?" "Nah, it's nothing, my feet were just killing me from standing in one spot." Good luck to you, and let us know how the gig goes.

Hey Rockbass19,

Well I am assuming that you went from couch to heels with little training?

Even women talk of hurting feet from wearing heels, just part of the process of getting used to them.

But even standing in a small area for a 4 hour stint I would ache too.

Keep on going just do it you will get better and they will not hurt as much.

Thanks for sharing.

No I've been wearing heels for 15 years. Just never stood up for very long periods of time in them.

The gig went great. The crowd demanded an encore. It was awesome. I bought some cushioned insoles for the boots so they were much easier to wear during the gig. I have high arches anyway and the insoles were made for high arches so they were much more comfortable.

Now...how can I sneak in my stiletto boots for the next one?