Booties For The First Time Today

AZShoeNut

Howdy, So today I wore a pair of gray suede booties with a 3-inch heel that I bought from Payless a cool four or five years ago. I have hesitated to wear them because I didn’t know how they looked with my jeans. To get a feel for the look I tried them on yesterday and they didn’t look too bad with my jeans. My immediate thought after looking in the mirror was, “Wow, theses heels are a bit wobbly.” Now when I first wore a pair of heels 28 years ago it was the challenge of wearing them that really caught my attention. When I tried these boots on I couldn’t wait to wear them out and do a little bit of walking in them. Today was my first chance to do so. Oh man, it was great. Since I started wearing my heels out and about last September I have worn mostly heels with a bit of a platform. It seems like the platform tends to eliminate any potential side to side rock on a pair of heels. These booties without platform had no stabilizing quality and so it was like walking on a pair of heels that I used to dig when I was younger. I felt so much more in command of these heels as I walked into and out of the coffee house today. Even though the heel is lower than I prefer and the style is not totally amazing I think that they could be my new favorite pair of heels. It was so much fun. I am really enjoying wearing my heels out and about now. Later, Larry post-482-0-34141400-1360862495_thumb.jpg

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I wore them out again this moring. Man, I love wearing these boots.

I have the same pair. And I agree, you REALLY have to pay attention when wearing them!

Ya, I actually came close to losing my balance when stepping forward in the line today. I managed to make a suprisingly graceful step to the side crossing over my legs and recovered. I don't think you could tell that I was recovering my balance. The cool part is that I have seen women do this little side step before with the same kind of motion. I never knew it until today that it is really a smooth balance recovery technique. Funny.

Glad you enjoyed your outing. When standing/walking were they covered by your jeans.

Thanks. My pants ride an inch or two below the top of the boots roughly crossing the center of my ankle.

It's good to be out in heels!!!!

Yes, sir, it is!

Grey seems to blend in easily than expected.

Al

I was surprised as to how well the boots went with the jeans. It is chilly out so I have worn a dark jacket both times that I have worn the boots. I think that the color might just work with a number of darker colored shirts.

Larry, That's great that you found gray booties that you already owned but never wore, and discovered them to be so much fun. And you have gained the confidence to wear them in public. That is so cool. Good looking, too, by the way. Be careful, though. Falling could be embarrassing or a lot worse, so walk carefully! Best of success! Steve

I fell once running for the subway! I was wearing 4.5" heeled platform pumps. I worst part was: the subway was waiting there for 5 minutes. I got some funny looks when I walked into the train. It could have been worse! At least I didn't get hurt! Clar.