Chinese Fortune (Cookie)

Steve63130

So to help celebrate the Chinese New Year I went out to eat and got this message in my fortune cookie: "Simplicity and clarity should be your theme in dress. Lucky # 02, 17, 18, 29, 33, 44 Learn Chinese: To Speak, Shuo" So whaddaya think? What is simplicity and clarity? How does it relate to heels? And is there some sort of pun embedded in the Chinese word? Please help me out. My tongue is stuck in my cheek. :silly: BTW, it was an excellent dinner! Steve

I've always heard that one needs to append the fortune with the phrase ,"under the sheets" or, "in bed" It's always good for a laugh.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Well, you could look at it like this: you go out in high heels to have fun, but, thirty minutes later, you'll want to do it all over again. Yeah, I know, corny! So sue me, I don't do stand-up for a living! :silly:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Shafted, I'd not heard that line. Very good. I'll try it next time! JeffB, Thanks for the chuckle. I got it instantly and laughed! Very clever. Bluejay, Don't lose any sleep over it. I don't think there's anything to it! Steve

It's just something you see in Chinese restaurants in North America, that's all. Chinese restaurants in the PRC are quite different from here actually the only things somewhat the same are different types of rice, soups, and meats. But that whole buffet (read all you can eat) where the cows go to graze is nowhere to be found there. The cookie thing is for our entertainment, that's all. THe important stuff is on those cloth tapestries on the walls! HappyinHeels

JeffB,

Thanks for the chuckle. I got it instantly and laughed! Very clever.

My pleasure. I do as best I can with my limited skills. :lmao:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!