Storms Hittin The Northeast.

I say this as something we all will get a laugh out of ( or at least those of us in the North East ). I live in NY ( for now and unfortunately ). The summer time might have some sunshine, it might rain a bit. The Fall will have leaves on the ground. The winter.. It WILL get cold and there will be SNOW and ICE. I know of too many people whom dont put a snowbrush in their cars. Too many with bald car tires. Some of these people dont have any food stores ( maybe 2 days worth ) but have beer-o-plenty in the fridge and a 100million inch TV to watch the games on. If you live in the NorthEast, your going to need to keep at minimum a weeks food in store. Batteries, candles, some way of keeping warm. All to many just ' dont '. I understand people love where they live, but I saw a video after Katrina and they just fixed the levies. They guy and the reporter were standing on a muddy street some 10+ feet below sea level and the guy was talking about how he was going to rebuild his house.. I dunno.. common sense tells me if I rebuild there I should *expect* the same thing to happen again. This is why I plan to stay in the NorthEast. I can deal with the snow and cold and manage quite nicely. Looks like shafted has the way to go for the ' juice '. Has his own little power grid going on ;) . When I move, I plan on doing something similar but on a much bigger scale as old A/B rectifier tube amps drink a lot of power. I will beed a place I can install a well for water and have a couple acres for fresh growing of crops/shares. I think these storms show if we are self sufficient or not. I dont know much about living through a hurricane, earthquake or mudslides. I surely dont want to try a tornado. Ill keep my snow and cold area and be happy with it ;) Good to hear everyone is ok thus far! -Ilk

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

*dreams fondly of a 100 million inch TV to watch sports on* Sadly, my set is "only" 65 inches. Oh, poo! While I got lucky here in Philadelphia, considered as part of the northeast, depending upon your point of view, I can remember a time when we didn't, that being January 8, 1996 when, like Boston two days ago, we got 30 inches worth of the Dreaded White Stuff in one day. My small street was blocked in for well over a week and the neighbors had to put up a collection to hire a truck to plow it away. I'll put up some pics of the aftermath on my block one day. While I've never suffered through power outages through storms in winter, spring, summer or fall (dumb luck I suppose), I understand it could happen and I make sure I'm prepared as best I can for whatever might happen, but I hope never happens.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Another glorious pre-spring weekend with clear skys, lots of sunshine and temps in the high 60,s (F), we're supposed to get some rain for the next couple of days.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.