Ariticle: The Day I Defied The Tuc – And Wore Stilettos

AZShoeNut

And by what right does the Trade Union Congress have to ban heels in the workplace? I work in an office, where men are expected to wear suits and women basically the same. No 'casual' Fridays where I work. No one has commented on my choice of footwear. Actually it's the opposite, I've had several people compliment me on my Louboutins.

"Porsche...There is no Substitute"

Living in the US I really am not familiar with the TUC. Is this law really enforcible? The article is a few years old so I wonder what become of it. I love this gal's defiance.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I also admire Anna's spirit to defy the sentiment to ban the wearing of high heels in the workplace. Walking in any 160mm stilettos with a platform such as the CL Bianca seems like it was an exhilarating experience for her to go with the kids to school and then continue on to the grocery store for some breakfast essentials. I also would like to know the outcome of her venture. Was it like so many other appearances of protest that seem to have no real effect on the final results.

What are they going to do next, ban heels for after work activities? Does that mean I can't wear heels to the mall, church and concerts/musicals? What am I going to put on my feet, besides high heels, I only have one pair of running shoes. No loafers in my closet, except for my 70s plats. Just too much out of date and heavy to wear out and about!

The TUC is essentially powerless, since Thatcher's legislation of the 1980s. They did a deal of good in previous decades, but once they lost that they spent their time voting on foolish propositions. They have no law making powers. The piece quoted was in the Telegraph, and really nothing more than a shoddy review of a pair of heels. The TUC reference would be because the Telegraph considers union bashing as a reason to publish an article. Where one would take a pinch of salt normally, with the Telegraph you would take a shovelful that would melt the ice on your path.

Is the Telegraph what we here would call a supermarket tabloid? (lots of useless drivel not worth the paper it's printed on, but entertaining) I sometimes get that feeling when I read their stories.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

No, the Telegraph would like to think of itself as a broadsheet. A quote from Orwell: 'Do I mean by all this that Britain is a genuine democracy? No, not even a reader of the Daily Telegraph could quite swallow that.' (England Your England, 1941). I think that says it better than I could. Lots of useless drivel, none of it entertaining, masquerading as heavyweight.

Don't knock fox news bud. It has just as much useful info as any other cable news network and just as much crap. It just depends on what you believe.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Ya! It looks like her heels are going to pop right out of them. I have a pair of pumps that I love the style and have the boot version of them because of the all day comfort in them. We should be able to wear what we want, but if they don't fit properly, they are no fun to walk it. Sexy heels aren't sexy if you struggle to walk in them!

Don't knock fox news bud. It has just as much useful info as any other cable news network and just as much crap. It just depends on what you believe.

Sorry. I withdraw the comment. I probably overstepped my bounds. I'm an NPR kind of guy. Delete it if you think it's appropriate. However, I do NOT withdraw the comment about the Telegraph article. It WAS really dumb. LOL. If you can't walk in your shoes, please DON'T! There are some things we just don't need to see.

Sorry. I withdraw the comment. I probably overstepped my bounds. I'm an NPR kind of guy. Delete it if you think it's appropriate. However, I do NOT withdraw the comment about the Telegraph article. It WAS really dumb. LOL. If you can't walk in your shoes, please DON'T! There are some things we just don't need to see.

You're fine dude, You are not even close to being in the wrong. I just want people to understand that cable news networks haven't been news for a long time. Television news is entertainment not news. As long as getting ratings is important, it will never change. Real news takes effort to aquire by the end user.

Larry, thanks for posting the article! Frankly, I grow a little tired of organizations and "groups" telling me what's good and what's bad for me. I am an adult. I make my own decisions. If it's not high heel shoes, it's soft drinks or some other activity that "they" do not approve. Ugh!!! Leave me alone!!! I only own one pair of Louboutins (Pigalle 100), but the next on my want list is the Bianca! I was thinking about the Bianca 140....but now that I've read this article, I'm going for the 160!!

It's about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of New Shoes!

I only own one pair of Louboutins (Pigalle 100), but the next on my want list is the Bianca! I was thinking about the Bianca 140....but now that I've read this article, I'm going for the 160!!

I'm sure you won't "stumble around" like the woman in this article. Be sure to let us know about the Loubs when it happens!