Many Here Dislike Wedges?

Curt

Some wedges come with rubber sole, this is a necessity when you don't want to make much noise walking. And some wedges look really nice and girly, so I'd have one in my collection for sure. Too bad I had to do a purge recently...

Very nice looking, Bubba! I'd love to have wedge pumps like those!

Thanks, Jeff. I've got to thank DebbieNC for her advice, which I took. I've been wearing them quite regularly since I got them and they're great to wear.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

On a woman, I think wedges can look great and are a very good way of wearing high heels that are more stable and practical than stilettos, whilst still being elegant. I am thinking here of sandals or mules, as open and thinly-strapped as possible and worn barefoot with neat painted nails. Preferably with a moderately tapered heel, 3.5" or more, a minimum of fussy decoration and little or no platform. Definitely no closed toes, peep toes or laces/thongs around the ankles. As for men, I think the same style of wedges would look great, especially with shorts or light jeans/trousers in the summer. I would like to wear them but have yet to find any that would fit.

Part of loving womans shoes is all the options. It also comes down to what its like to walk In them. You must admit, part of the love is that no two pair of shoes are the same to walk In. Take a wooden mule vs a sandal with just a few straps holding it on. Or the feel Of a pair of knee high boots. Same thing with a wedge. Its the way the hard sole of the "Rocks" with every step.