Computer Junk! Blah! :d

I recently cleaned up ( physically ) my computer area and have now started to go through all the drives/files and check for duplicates and other junk I no longer need. The task became quite a bit longer then I expected. Its not something I kept up on over the last 3 or 4 years outside of my business records. Everything else went.. all over the place! 9 1TB or bigger drives all half full of just.. pictures, movies, music files, old documents.. Anyone else need to do some ' house cleaning '? -ILK

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

well, my desk (where I'm now @ ofcourse) is pretty well orginized I'd say over-all I do keep my user names/passwords in my little phone book on my desk just to keep it handy @ all times about twice a year I try to clean it up other wise. ;-)

Not to much. My biggest issue is that my regular laptop meeds a massive OS upgrade, so one of these days, I'm gonna have to invest in a backup hard drive. I'm thinking one Tera-byte should do the job.

Whats really racking my brain is I had my MacPro in Ohio at my brothers recording studio. Hes used it for the last 4 years and theres all sorts of recordings and music files ( mp3/mp4/m4a/avi ) and I dont know what half of them are. I had to sit and listen to some of them and recall who/what they are/were.. its roughly 4 terrabytes of data.. The GOOD thing ( Opposit as to what happened to Rockpop/JimC ) is I found some things I thought I lost. Old recordings I made from back around the turn of the century. I remember taking them off 16track tape and digitizing them in.. 2008 ( 2009? ) but I totally forgot all about them till now. :D SCORE! -Ilk

Yes I try to refile our main at least 6 monthly (ha ha). 4 hard drives split; OS/Programmes/docs, Music/video, Pictures plus a documents only drive as backup. As for laptop/netbooks there's 5 to consider. Chris has 2 (company), daughter has 1 and a netbook. All of us have smartphones and tablets (android). So when I get scam calls about my computer being infected...... it's a trip up the garden path. Al

• 2 weeks later...

I try to do PC housekeeping on a regular basis and run CCleaner regularly but my drives are small in comparison to you guys. It always makes smile when I see people talking in Terrabytes as I remember the obscene amount of money I paid for my first hard-drive that was a massive 850Mb!

I try to do PC housekeeping on a regular basis and run CCleaner regularly but my drives are small in comparison to you guys. It always makes smile when I see people talking in Terrabytes as I remember the obscene amount of money I paid for my first hard-drive that was a massive 850Mb!

Hehe my first had massive 40Mb!

I do clean up on my system regurally, sadly there isn't enough storage in the whole world that you couldn't fill in a year :D...wish i could do this clean up with my room or with my life too :o lol

Don't worry, be happy - in heels! :rocker:

Damn.. my first ' hard drive ' was a cassette tape. After that it was a Seagate ST225MFM drive. A grand slamming 10megabytes and almost 1500$ USD! I had a really cool green screen on that machine too!

• 2 weeks later...