Price Limit For Hh Boots

Curt

How much would you cats spend on hh boots? What is you your faverite style and brand? Just wondering if anyone has similar tastes as mine. I like high thin heels, not as spikey as stilletos, and high wedge boots.

What ever I can afford or think is good. Various sales help and lucky timing. I have three pairs of leather boots that cost £7, £20 and £40 that should have been £40,£100 and £140 respectfully. Heel shape I have thick, thin and in-between but no blocks except for my original 70s platforms that are too small. As for wedges one pair, canvas/pvc leather which are very quiet super hush hush. Al

I have two pairs that cost more than £400. One pair were by Patrick Cox, purchased circa 1996 for £450 and the other a pair by Chloe purchases for £505 from Harrods. I also have a pair that only cost me £2.00 in a closing down sale!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

The most I ever spent was £100 but that was very much an exception. Real leather/suede knee-high boots are usually outside my price range unless they're on a pretty big discount in the sales and selling for £40-£50. I've bough synthetic material boots for £10-£30 depending on if they were discounted or full-price. I have 15 pairs in total over about 15 years with a total spend of around £500. My favourite style is knee highs with 4" heels ()or a little higher with a small platform), stiletto but not too skinny and I also like some slightly chunkier heels or even wedges if they're not too clunky. I like ankle boots too (and shoe-boots if they can be considered boots). My least favourite style is mid-calf boots which really don't flatter my leg/body shape at all and are best hidden under bootcut jeans or a long skirt. I was apprehensive about trying ankle boots with anything other than bootcut jeans, but I tried the skinng jeans/leggings look a couple of times and it was pretty cool. Brand is secondary to me, I just have to like the style, quality and price. However it's always the high-street, shopping-mall or department-store for me and over the years I've bought from Faith, Ravel, Barratts and Peacocks (all of whose high street presence has diminished now) and in the last couple of years from Wallis, River Island and New Look.

Edited by SleekHeels

If you like it, wear it.

Do you still wear them?

Absolutely. I live and die in the Chloe ones and wheel the PCs out for special occasions...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 1 month later...

Most I've spent is just over £40. I buy online mostly and soometimes they do not fit properly so usually end up in a charity shop. I'd hate to spend £100 just to find they don't fit. I do buy instore but just get the largest and widest boots they have hoping they will fit ok.

I'm a bit cheap when it comes to this. I typically jump all over the good deals if they are below $50, occasionally I go higher, and I do have a couple of pairs that I really went outside of my boundaries for and spent around ~$100-120 on them. Although in hindsight, there are times, when I wish I would have bought maybe 1/2 as many pairs as I now own (~60) and maybe spent a bit more to get some higher end shoes, but overall I am happy with most of what I have bought over the years.

I have given up on buying very cheap shoes and boots. Only on rare occasions my wife and I get things from the sales. Like recently some booties for my wife which were 30 Euros while in another part of the shop they were 130 Euros. It turned out they had a slight, hardly visible, imperfection in the leather. Usually we end up in the 100-200 Euro range which seems to be the standard in the not-very-cheap shops in Amsterdam. We try them in the shop. Only occasionally you run then into boots or shoes that start being a bit painful after quite a few hours. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

No more than $250 generally. Several years ago I bought some Jean Gaborit crotch boots (34" shaft, 4" wide heels) on ebay for $350, though I ended up parting with them because they were just way too much boot for me. All my boots now (except one sheepskin pair) are 22" or lower. My perfect height is 22", if I find some and they are not over $250 I will get them. I have bought three pairs for around $200 (2 pairs 21" and 1 pair 22") but usually try to stay in the $120-$180 range by shopping sales. I have several in the 17-19" shaft in that price range. Yesterday I bought some 17" shaft, 4.5" heel wedge boots that were marked way down to $50 (they are actually real leather). I can't stand polyurethane fake leather, my feet don't breath.