Payless Experience

Artimas

Also how come you went for the size 13 rather than the 12W? With shoes I've bought in the past it sometimes seems like the tighter shoes get tighter while the looser shoes gets looser over time. It's great that they have the W option, for me that would solve a lot of fit issues that stop me buying styles I like.

The 13 just seemed to fit betterand not as tight as the 12W - it really was a toss-up as to which one. I have a few pairs of 12 from several years back that became just too tight as I aged. I wen in fully expecting to get the 13W but was totally surprised that I would have just walked out of them on every step - so glad I did the fit test there or I would have been greatly disappointed.

I'm not sure if I will ever do it again - but the thought has crossed my mind. I think I was extremely lucky as I think she was having as much fun as I. It was a good type of fun for both but I do wonder if my "predicament" came up later.

I do have the shoes for a Halloween costume of the future - The Bride of Frankenstine - with those platforms and ugly face - lol

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

• 11 months later...

No posts here for almost a year, so I thought I would relate my recent "Payless experience."  

About month ago I found a Payless t-strap sandal style named "Lucca."  A nice looking slip on sandal with a chunky 2 1/2 inch heel.  It came in shiny black patent (along with other colors) and had a bright silver ornamentation on the t-strap.  The style really caught my eye, but I wasn't too hot about the shiny patent and silver decoration, so I passed.  I did check out they style at some local Payless stores, but they did not have my size.  But I liked the style and those shoes stayed on my mind.  A few weeks later I looked on-line at Payless and because of my hesitation the Lucca sandals were no longer available.  I figured this late in the sandal season that I just missed out, plus I have to many heels already!!

Last week I was in a local Payless, just browsing.  When I entered the store I was greeted my a very friendly store manager.  She directed me to the size 11 ladies shoes, I told her I was looking for some heeled sandals and she pointed out some shoes to me.  While she was there I asked her about the Lucca sandal.  She really perked up and said that she owns 3 pairs, and the shoe was very popular and extremely comfortable to wear.  She had none in my size.  I told her my story, that my delay caused me to miss getting a pair.  She told me to browse the store and she will find a pair in my size - hopefully.  The lady looked, made calls etc. for about 15 minutes, and actually FOUND a pair in my size, at a Payless store not to far away.  She even made a call to the store to confirm they had the shoes and held them for me.  I thanked the store manager, she said that I will really enjoy the sandals, and invited me back to her store again.  

The next day I went to the other Payless store - one that I had shopped previously, and they did not have the shoes in stock - tried on the sandals, and they fit perfectly.

I got the sandals home and tried them on again. These have what Payless calls "comfort plus" technology - basically extra padding in the right places - and like the manager said, are very comfortable.  They are shiny patent, not my preference, and have the silver ornamentation, so I was not sure how they would look in public, in the sunshine outdoors.  

As some of us here know, the only way to find out is to do it, so for the next 3 days, I was out in my comfy Lucca sandals and it was wonderful.  I don't know if anyone noticed, since no one said anything, but I don't care and that's not the point.  I wear heels 'cause I enjoy it, NOT to be noticed.  

I made a folow-up phone call to the store manager to thank her for her help and recommendation.  She said that she thought I would like the sandals.  I also sent a letter to Payless commending the store manager for her time and efforts to find my sandals the were "unavailable."  

I have been a Payless customer for years, and will continue to be one in the future.  

Sort of a long winded rant, but now the "Payless Experience" thread is fired up and I have some nice sandals!!!  Take care all...  sf

Whooops, forgot to post a picture...  Here's what the Lucca sandals look like...  sf

post-230-0-87638300-1381177020_thumb.jpe

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Hey, SF, nice to see you posting again! That was a terrific story and it just goes to show that Payless has some really terrific sales people. I'm glad your story has a happy ending. I like those sandals a lot, too, but I was also put off by the bling of the shiny patent material and the ornamentation. However, they weren't that expensive, so maybe they'll come back again next spring, and maybe in different colors.

The Aerosoles "Platonic" sandals in my avatar are similar in the heel shape and T-strap, but have an ankle strap too. They had silver rivets holding the various piece of black leather together, and my wife commented that they were too shiny and drew attention to my shoes. I didn't agree but I didn't argue either. I simply applied some black enamel paint and that was that. You might consider doing that, too, if the shiny ornamentation draws more attention than you want.

Anyway, good post. Thanks for sharing. Don't wait so long till next time!

Steve

Thanks for reviving the thread.  When I to engaged the SA recently, she said many men do purchase heels frequently.  She encouraged me to take my time in my shopping.  The only pair I found that caught my eye was not available in a 13 which she happily searched.  She was very friendly and helpful - I wish I had  remembered her name to send the "kados" of her effort to the corporate office.  I hope to try a couple of more stores before Halloween.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

SF,

I always get great service from the clerks in Payless. I'm on a first name basis with one of the clerks and the assistant mgr, at one particular store. They say that they have many men customers, trying on and buying heels in their store, not just myself.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I too have always had a great shopping experience at Payless. The store closest to me doesn't stock many large sizes as I check with them every couple of weeks. The store manager always says to call and she will let me know if anything new comes in which may fit me. She is just great.

Yesterday I travelled about 45 miles to a store towards Atlanta that does carry many size 12+13s. I saw a few online that I liked so off I went.  I had been there once before but didn't make a purchase. Well yesterday I found 2 pairs I really liked and would have bought both but had funds for just one pair. Here is what I came back with!

http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=cat10088&subCatId=cat10270&skuId=134592085&productId=73649&lotId=134592&category=&catdisplayName=Womens

I really like these and they are very comfortable! I also liked the gold capped toe pumps so maybe soon on those.

I enjoy the associates in all the Payless stores I have been in and again yesterday was no different. I was asked if I needed any help and I said yes, your opinions on these two choices. She was happy to oblige. :):) 

Jimnj3 - I got a chance to try a pair of those last week during my "fun time" and found them to be just a little too tight but they did look great - congratulations.

After wearing for an afternoon of shopping I find these very comfortable!!  Just a bit loose but with the straps they are going nowhere. A 12.5 would have been perfect!

The heels are a bit noisy but I like the noise of heels so no problem!!

If these are a style you would wear I highly recommend them.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped at another Payless today and was looking in the section of 13's when a SA approached and asked for what I was shopping.  I replied that I was looking for shoes to go with a Halloween costume and she asked what was the costume.  I replied, Glenda - the good witch.  She said just a minute and she wen to the other SA and asked what she thought would go well with that theme.  The first SA asked if I was going to be dressed in white and I replied yes.  She suggested the gliter silver flats, the white flats, and then suggested the white Karmen pumps because they are so comfortable if you are going to be on you feet alot.  She watched as I tried them and stated they looked good and I handled the heels well.  They seemed a little tight and they did not have them in the wide width.  It was a fun, helpful, and interesting encounter.

Nice encounter with sales staff. They are there to help customers and make sales. The fact you are a man buying women's shoes shouldn't matter. As its halloween I would have thought you might go with Elphaba (the wicked witch, black boots), but thats your choice.

Good idea for next year - I have to admit though - boots just aren't my favorite type of foot ware.  Never been much of a sandel fan either.  The classic timeless style of pumps and Mary-Janes just seem to be my favorite styles.