Heels And Shorts For Most Recent Shopping Trip

Stealth4Now

I know this topic has been discussed in other threads, but rather than hijack one of those, here is my version. Had a day to run some errands and since it is about 100 degrees right now, shorts were really the only choice. I have some very low heeled wedges (like 1 1/2 inches) that I was going to wear. They mostly look like the dreaded flip flops and probably wouldn't attract much attention. Purple toenails on the other hand, tend to stand out. Any way, figured what the heck and traded up to a pair of 4 inch wedges by Mudd. I sat in a Kohls parking lot for a few minutes and almost left several times. Finally went in and as is the case most times no one noticed or said a word. Really didn't even see any strange looks. Spent about 20 minutes looking around and trying a few things on. Ended up leaving with a really short skirt that is too much fun to wear! Had some miscellaneous stuff to get so I decided to drive to a store in a part of town I typically don't shop in. Walked in and did get the attention of a couple of younger girls. They looked and I think followed me briefly. Also had a hill-billy give my feet and shoes quite a look as I walked by. In the end, pretty uneventful, although I felt incredibly exposed with no trouser leg to hide my heels.

I have done the same here. I normaly wear 3-4" heels with jeans or dress slacks but last week went to wallmart with a pair of 4" wedges and a docker shorts. The only ones that notices where a couple of for lack of a better word red necks. It was fun wearing heels in full view. I am sure that I will do this again.

On the morning of July 4 I decided to wear red, white and blue. I picked a red t-shirt with white lettering. In fact it was the t-shirt from the Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event from last year, so there is a big white high heel pump silhouette on the front. With the red and white shirt, I wore navy women's short shorts and my Naturalizer Daquiri sandals with 4" stacked heels in natural canvas color (off-white). My wife and I were eating breakfast and all of the sudden there was a knock on the door. I got up to answer it dressed as I was, and it was a couple who are close friends of ours on their way to the parade. I think I detected an iDrop from her, but no questions as to the heeled sandals. We chatted for a while, then the guy said he had something to show me in his car, so we walked out to the back yard, in full view of anyone passing by in the alley, and in fact a car did pass, but I didn't see if the driver noticed me. My friend and I stood there for 5 minutes talking and I don't know if he noticed my heels or not. Normally I'd wear these heels with long bootcut jeans, but today my legs and feet were in full view. We walked back to the house, my wife came out and they all walked to the parade downtown (a block away). I had a project I was in the middle of and didn't go - and it was way too hot for me. When my wife returned later, I asked her if the couple asked her about my sandals, and she said no. So there you go - even our close friends don't really care what shoes I wear! I was amazed, but very happy to wear openly around more friends, and ecstatic that my wife didn't raise a fuss when I answered the door and when I went outside dressed in shorts and heels. I really love these sandals and I want to thank Bluejay again for inspiring me to buy them. I plan to wear them a lot. They are just really comfortable and my feet feel so good in them. Steve

Edited by Steve63130

Hey Steve, Yes as we both know (and Stealth4Now will find out), wearing heels in public is fun, once you get past the initial nervousness. Most of the time no one notices, or cares for that matter!!! Take care... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Bravo to you, Stealth! Now that you've gotten that initial outing under your belt, things will invariably get easier from there!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!