Trouser Socks

sscotty727

All, Since I have been wearing my high heeled boots, I switched to wearing trouser socks (which are kinda like knee highs for those that are unfamiliar). I have two problems that I was wondering if I could get your advice on: 1) They always seems to fall down during the way, which leaves my legs unprotected and then my boot rubs against my leg. I have made a sort of "garter" out of stretchy material, however my wife says this will eventually cause varicous(sp?) veins. I've tried switching to stockings with an elastic band, but they are just as bad. I really don't want to do a garterbelt or pantyhose. Anyone with similar problems? 2) This is probably the most annoying part. At the end of the day my toes are always sticking out of the socks/stockings. I tried cutting my toe nails (I know most women probably have longer toenails), but that didn't work. I am tired of buying them, wearing once, having to throw out cause they are torn. Again, any advice? Thanks, Scotty

Hi scotty, I'm looking for a solution that suits me too. Where thin lycra enhanced socks are not fine enough, I am using Marks & Spencer, UK, semi-opaque black ankle highs which are 40 denier. These are proving pretty indestructible, typical M&S quality, but I do find nylon harsh, unforgiving and unabsorbant for one so hot-footed. I have a couple of pairs of boots with longer shafts, calf high, and I don't seem to be able to find a knee high version of the above which would be useful. Still so much to learn about these things!! :( _ I think you must either be a big heavy footed hunk or else your toe is striking the end of that pair of boots! /I

/I

I wear trouser socks almost exclusively. Although I have "walked through the ends of the toes" on occasion, I find that if, just before I put my foot into the shoe, I take and pull the toe of the sock down (away from my toes) and then put the shoe on. As to the socks falling down, don't have that problem. They usually stay up when pulled just below my knee. I wish I could help you more, but I've no solutions to offer.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

The elastic at the top is supposed to keep them up. What are your calf muscles like, large or small? Perhaps your lower leg is too long for them.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

Actually I think it might have something to do with the quality of the ones I originally got. I happened to try a different pair from Leggs the other day which are a little thicker. They seem to stay up on my leg better. I also tried Bubba's suggestion of pulling the toe out a little after putting them on. So far no rips. Thanks for the advice.

Nine West has thick trouser socks that hold up all day, I wear them everyday and they stay up.

They have reinforced toes, and last a long time...just make sure you handwash them

Pam

• 6 months later...

Sscotty727:-) I have never used trouser socks myself as I don't care for the look or feel of them. My wife uses trouser socks under her trousers when we go out somewhere, but I always stay with my panty-hose and I am quite comfortable wearing them all day long every day. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

If you buy the kind with reinforced toes, if you can find them, they almost never fail. I prefer Thi-Tops, Thi-His, etc, with a wide elastic band at the top, usually I buy from Sears, as they sell them with reinforced toes--Leggs, or even JustMy Size do not. @ othe tricks that have worked for me, especially when I had to wear steel toe boots/shoes at work. The hard toe would rub holes in acryllic socks even. I took to putting a piece of duct tape about 1-1/2 inches long over just the big toe. They never ripped through after that, or not until after half a doxen wearings or so. Also, don't just "trim" your toenails, round over the edges towards the front of the toe with a good, fine grit, padded emery board, then apply a couple coats of polish (clear or whatever) to the edge at least.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Like Dawn, I wear pantyhose on a daily basis, I just plain don't feel dressed without hosiery, and it's important to keep your toenails properly trimmed so you don't ruin your hosiery. As for trouser socks, or knee highs (a fallback on days here on the east coast when it's too hot during summer for pantyhose), the choices, colors and styles are plentiful, it's a matter of choosing what you think will work best for you.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I've tried wearing panty hose, stockings, etc and I don't like them at all. to be honest, I actually am not "thrilled" with trouser socks either, but the shoes would be way too tight with regular socks. I've just come to the conclusion I will have to invest in buying trouser socks on a regular basis. Scotty

Having a few pairs comes in handy, If you have a tight fit with regular socks then trouser socks make a perfect fit. For my self I see only one practically for hose, and tights. They lighter and more flexible than thermal underwear. :roll:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

JeffB:-) I wear panty-hose 365 days of the year no matter how hot or cold the weather might be or how strenuous the activity I may be doing. No matter how cold it may be, I don't use thermal underwear, just panty-hose. I can always get a better fit with my heels and boots with the use of panty-hose. Cheers--- Dawn HH

HA! What a coincidence! Instead of thermal underwear, I wear tights (HUE is my brand of choice) in the winter. My pantyhose of choice is Reliance by L'eggs because of it's durability. Regular socks with my heels just doesn't cut it, even with boots. Gotta have my hosiery! :roll:

I too strongly endorse www.comfilon.com. They've been selling high quality tights, pantyhose, thigh highs and knee-high socks for men for over five years. They have sheer and opaque styles, full and light support, and a variety of colors and sizes to fit men. Their customer service is second to none, and they ship all over the world from their HQ in Ohio, USA.

In trouser socks they have a couple of styles in opaque and three in sheer, one of which (M149) is my personal favorite and it has an "enhanced" toe (looks like sheer but has invisible reinforcement). Check it out.

George

I'm not very impressed with the products by www.comfilon.com even though they are made for men. I still much prefer the looks, comfort, fit and feel of women's panty-hose. Like JeffB, I have to have my girly hosiery. Cheers---

Dawn HH

Well... if your goal is to be feminine ...

That is the point, my goal ISN'T to be feminine, I am a man and proud of it. I just like to wear shoes with a higher heel. I'd rather NOT wear nylons, just they fit better with the heels. To be honest, they are too hot and clingy. I'd actually rather go barefoot than wear nylons. That is why I don't wear stockings or pantyhouse.

Scotty

All,

Since I have been wearing my high heeled boots, I switched to wearing trouser socks...

1) They always seems to fall down during the way, which leaves my legs unprotected and then my boot rubs against my leg...

Again, any advice?

Thanks,

Scotty

Nylon-spandex trouser socks for men. They stay up around the top part of the calf.

Forever.

• 1 month later...

I've never liked the look of knee highs, but since I've started wearing heels have found them to be a practical solution for hot weather. Suspender tights are a much nicer though, you have the feel of tights all the way up your legs, but they're a lot cooler and more comfortable.

They are tights (pantyhose) that have openings like garters and stockings. I'd assume just wear a garterbelt with some nice stockings. About trouser socks; I wear them over a pair of pantyhose. Helps keep the nylons from running and if I ever have to take my shoes off, it looks like I'm wearing dark mens socks.

luxxyheels wrote:

bout trouser socks; I wear them over a pair of pantyhose.

Now, when wearing them like that, I bet they can be very warm and become uncomfortable at times.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Luxxyheels:-) Thanks ever-so-much for the heads-up on "suspender tights". I think that I can visualize them now in my minds eye. I just use panty-hose all year around. The temperature changes doesn't bother me at all. Bubba136:-) Genebujold:-) I, like Luxxyheels, wear men's gold-toe socks over my panty-hose daily year round and if I have to take my shoes off for any reason, (which is extremely rare), then it looks like I have on regular men's black socks. And no, they are not hot or uncomfortable either. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I've found that trouser socks can be an iffy proposition. Depending on what brand you choose, they tend to be a tad thicker in density than regular hosiery (something of a turnoff for me) and almost completely opaque, especially black. Also, they usually only come in two colors: black and white, perhaps navy, but that's rare. Also, the stretch factor isn't too great either, some I've worn, they barely reach up to my knee, and during the course of the day, they'd slowly slide down my lower leg. Most annoying. So, all things considered, I'll stick with hosiery knee highs!

JeffB:-) Good choice, and it works for you. I have no trouble what-so-ever with my socks sliding down my legs. It seems that the type of material that the socks are made out of cling to the material in the panty-hose and nothing moves anywhere from the time that I put them on in the morning till I take the socks off after work. They stay put. I then have the panty-hose on to go with my heeled shoes or boots in the evening. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Another factor to take into consideration here is that trouser socks just don't provide that certain thrill that, for me, comes from wearing pantyhose. Now, don't get me wrong, that thrill has nothing to do with eroticism, I like to think I'm above all that. It's rather hard to describe, but I just plain feel good when I slip on my hosiery and, frankly, my legs look great in them! A feeling like that you just can't get from trouser socks. That's why i love wearing pantyhose as often as I can! :D