Can these WOMENS winter boots pass as mens?

Victorias OTHER Secret

Can any of these in this pic

http://www.qboutlet.com/product.asp?family%5Fid=6101&cat%5Fid=3236&type=1

or any of these;

http://www.qboutlet.com/product.asp?family%5Fid=6165&cat%5Fid=3236&type=1

I know i would have to use a cuff to cover the stretch "V" on the low boot, thats a dead giveaway that they are ladies. The reason i ask is that I am thinking of getting some winter boots. I would prefer them to be womens, but i do not want anything outragerous. Just something alittle feminine & unisex enough looking that they can pass. I am a teacher & sometimes i have to go outside in the snow for various activities, supervision, etc....hence the need for them to pass.

Thanks.

Or this pair i found. They are really nice. Scroll down to the TW Chalet (for women). DO you think this pair can pass?

http://www.jseigelfootwear.on.ca/toewarmers_low.html

I am going to get two pairs of womens winter boots. A nice long leg pair, the kind that go up to mid calf and another pair of shorter boots that go up to the ankle (hikers).

Do they need to be QUITE that discreet? As everyone says, they just look like any men's footwear. These days (when "anytihng goes") we can usually go up to a 2" (or even 3 1/2") block heel and STILL no-one takes any notice. I find it's only when you venture into higher and slimmer heels that people do start noticing, and even then it's only the occasional person. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Ask me that question when you have something to show that has a heel over three inches..... :sleeping: :(

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I thought the styles shown were men's boots. Schoolchildren are the most discerning of audiences so erring on the consevative side is a fair philosophy, but I feel you have something in hand over the unadventurous styles posted. 2-3" wedges or heavy blocks would be an ideal snow boot and actually a practical style for the conditions.

Sometimes, even though they look like men's styles, just the fact that they are women's boots, in women's sizes, and the thought that you're wearing "women's shoes," is enough to make you feel good. Besides, it's breaks the ice and can lead to more feminine styles with higher heels. It's a start. :(

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thoes things are all so tame. Would Gene Autry or Roy Rogers wear something like that, I don't think so. I just got two pair of Steve Madden boots from their $50 sale, the Taber boot in an 8 1/2 and a Pocket boot in a 9 1/2 (no 9's in stock). Check them out on stevemadden.com. The pocket does run at least 1/2 size small, I could get into an 8 1/2 but the zipper wouldent close, at least not right a way. The Tabers however run true to size.

Can we respect where Victoria is at right now, especially the situation in school, and let us encourage and advise rather than hector.

I am building up a selection of many different heel height and shape to use in different situations as I feel comfortable in and there is a role for 1.5" and 2" styles.

You seem to have found some ranges which usefully cover larger sizes and various widths, you don't specify your own requirements here...

It is a bit tricky advising on coping with the Canadian winter from the UK.

Your first choice (Susan) seems fine with the velcro version perhaps better than the furry cuff ones.

I like the second (Colleen) best of the set; the calf boot if you prefer, though I would choose the ankle boot so I wouldn't need to find a longer sock. Don't worry about the elastic 'V' since that will be hidden by the trouser leg which can be a full length. They are no different to a 'Chelsea' boot style with their elastic V sides which can be male or female anyway.

Your third range does least for me especially 'Chalet', I guess they are intended to be very warmly lined. In that selection the style 'Sudbury' is the one for me, sorry it is much more pricey.

_

Since Steve Madden is mentioned above, have a look at the style 'Hawk' in black, only 20USD in the sale.

http://www.stevemadden.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/STORE/FAST/HAWK.htm?L+control+plan8499+1068950631

This may be too challenging now but if one of the last few sizes in stock works for you then perhaps worth storing for the future. You could black up the row of white stitching to help a bit too. I would jump at that sz10 if I were in the US.

In general, you should be able to carry a 2" heel if you find a boot with a wide enough heel base. Not so easy with the run of fashion this year however.

My personal opinions and preferences, hope they inform you...

/I

/I

I agree with the comments posted here. Noone will think that these are women's shoes. In agreement with what has been said here, I find that I can go up to 2" with anyone ever thinking that they are women's shoes. Sometimes people think of 2" heels as "funky" shoes for guys.

you do not feel that All those boots are feminine? They are narrow, the front is low, and in combination with the narrowness that makes them feminine. Furthermore, the features are rounded, such as the strap, the sewing, the collar. They don't have much heel in inches, but the sewing and shape of those collars manage to stress the heel and make it look higher.

If I was asked to design a range of women's winter boots on a flat or nearly flat heel then these are virtually what I would come up with, so I would say that these are women's boots. If I was given the same brief for men's winter boots they would not look the same. However, a man wearing these styles would not be at all noticeable and would certainly pass casual scrutiny and only a person who really knew their footwear would recognise them as women's.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Actually my wife commented today that my pants much have shrunk a little when she washed them because you could see a little more of the heel now. I just said if anyone at work asks about it (and no one has as of yet), I would just say my Doctor told me to wear a higher heel because I have back problems (and I do) and that wearing a higher heel will help releve the back pain (actually, someone on here said that and it has helped). Once you say you are doing something because of medical problems, trust me, they will back off. Secondly, my wife suggested if they ask, also don't tell them they are women's shoes. Actualy, I was just going to say we got them in a shoe warehouse. I wouldn't say men's or women's, but she came up with a good idea if you are still nervous. Just tell them you got them in the men's section. If they insist they are women's, just say oh, maybe someone moved them there. Anyway, the ones you posted that are flat look perfectly fine. You could wear them and they would pass no problem. I actually wore shoes with a 2" heel to work and family gathers that you could see the entire shoe and not one person gave a second look. Now I am wearing boots with a 3 1/2" heel with long pants and no one notices (my wife said she has noticed a few looks when we go out together, but to date not one person has stopped me or commented). Good luck! Scotty

I have a pair with men's upper but a definitely stiletto heel. It comes off pretty well. For most of us, if we want to wear something associated with the feminine but want to be classed as straight male, make the rest of the gear obviously male. Its not a sure solution but makes it easier to maintain that it is really all male gear, just the thing to overcome back problem, or whatever reason, real or adopted, you wish to give for being a bit different. You can admit to people you can trust that the only comfortable or stylish or whatever shoes that suit have to be bought at the women's section. Proves you are more of a man if you have courage to do that. But no need to tell everybody and a bit of fudging as your wife suggests is fine - isn't it good to have a woman's support. I've found of recent time male friends are prepared to ask me about my shoes. Good they are prepared to inquire, they respect me even if it would not be their choice, and I am happy to explain my situation. For those who don't like my strategy, remember it is just an option for those of us who find that a good way to go. Others who have more courage have helped pave the way for us more conservative blokes.

Yes it is great to have a very supportive wife. Honestly, if she wasn't supportive of me wearing heels I wouldn't be wearing them at all. She doesn't care that I wear them (worried I look too feminine or gay) but rather she is conservative and always worries about what others see/think. That is why I suggested the back excuse. If anyone would question me wearing heels, telling them you have a medical condition will stop them in their tracks. Another that maybe Victorias OTHER Secret could use if anyone in school questions him is to just say he bought it in the mens rack in the store. End of discussion. I can understand why he wouldn't want to be 100% honest working in a school. Hopefully the advice I and others gave here help him out. Scotty

Ok, i am really confused! I asked the same question on another forum. I got the response below. Maybe its cause the guys on here are really into womens shoes, so anything with less than 1.5 heel is nothing to them. ***************** well.... okay, while some look kinda unisex... if you really pay attention to the design of the shoe they were all made for a woman. The first pair is obvious... 'high, high top' boots were meant to accentuate the length of the leg, thus making a womans leg more attractive and the lower version the toes are too sharp for a mans foot and meant to make a female foot look more 'dainty' The second pair, eh... the high boot could pass but kinda looks plain like a rubber boot. The other three pair are way feminine becauase of the fluff at the ankles or on the last pair the strap over 'buckle' and the whole shape of the foot on the last pair is way female. The third pair a way to compact to be a mans shoe, the design is clearly trying to visually reduce the space a foot is occupying (female like small feet) by adding the fluff at the ankles, it makes the length of the foot look shorter. Just my critique... but bottom line... if you like a shoe wear it. Other peoples opinion really don't mean a thing when it comes to self worth and a shoe is just mearly protection from the elements so a plastic bag would do as well.

hi Victoria, just before your reply I was about to say you have the full range of flavours of opinion here to pick from! I'm looking at things fairly conservatively for you. Re-reading my post and others, I stand by what I said. Remember a traditional men's brogue will have a one inch heel and you often see styles with an inch and a half. Selecting from the women's racks, you will need to look for the more solid styles especially ones with a reasonably wide heel base. Going back to you three links the pictures don't show every viewpoint but on the first, #502192, remains the best; it does has a very slight feminine flavour but worn by a male with a full trouser leg it will be seen as less so. On your second link, the ankle boot #502184 is excellent and the V will be hidden by your trouser leg. The centre seem design down the vamp might be questioned but I don't believe it is noticeable. If you are comfortable with a knee boot under your trousers then that's also fine. On your third link, I'm afraid I find your choice of Chalet rather unpleasant but Sudbury is OK, very unisex. I was passing an independent non-chain store shoe shop this week and they had a man's 2" cuban heeled ankle boot, quite expensive though. You can use this sort of thing or a well heeled cowboy boot, if you are somewhere rural and it is acceptable, to modify your 'style persona' as a first stage and change the general way you are perceived. Then a move to products off the women's racks will be hardly be noticed. In the end, you have to make your own decision on what is going to work for you in your particular situation which we can't fully understand down a wire. /I

/I

Just wear them confidently. No one will care. Draw attention to yourself and people will stare.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

The answers to your question are as varied as there are styles available. You might consider this style:

Posted Image

or, these: Posted Image

or these:

Posted Image

or these:

Posted Image

and, here's a good pair:

Posted Image

Well, you get the idea. There are as many different styles that can be worn by a man without fear of redicule. The only thing stopping you is yourself. I wear all of these styles and some with higher heels. My only concern is that I wear the right heels for the right occasion. For church, it's the lower heel styles. For restaurants, it's my brown suade boots with the 4.5 heels my wife recently bought for me. The more you wear your "women's shoes" in public , the easier it will become for you. And, soon, like me, you'll forget you even have them on.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.