telling friends/family advice needed

FreshinHeels

I'm heeling a little over a year now. (btw yeeehaaa txs everyone here) Feeling comfortable in heels in town, shops etc Mind you when I go out my trouwers still covers most of my heels. feels good that way so no worries there. Now I want start heeling around friends and family. Why cause this is it, life I mean and I wanna be me and this is me! So how does one go about this? How did you folks go around this? Explained first, just turned up in high heels etc? Would be glad to hear some advice/experiences about this. Txs in advance!

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

Well, I guess I would start with a trusted family member or friend. What kind of footwear do you normally wear around your family/friends? Start a conversation about the current boot fashions, mention that you think women look great in boots, see how the conversation goes from there... I guess my point is to pick one person who will be accepting, and non judgemental... Build from that positive experience...I don't think you should just "show up" at the next family gathering in your boots...

For me I just started wearing them in front of my friends a family and prepared to answer any questions. Let them ask questions first. Also Be conservative with the foot wear, no stilettos and no more than 3.5" high. You can go higher later.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Treat it as ' no big deal '. Your already used to heels, Its no shock to you, you wear boots.. why worry? Just blend right in like you have been doing and if a comment comes your way, then address it. People will like you for who you are, not what you wear.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

While i agree with this for just a "plain" public heeling, family and friends should be treated differently. I think a slow approach on a close friend or on a family member should come first. I would try some funny videos from youtube perhaps and see what they think about it :wavey: A good backup can help a lot. Without it you might be just left alone whether you wear them or not once its out.

Don't worry, be happy - in heels! :rocker:

Right some good tips here but it looks like on got left out. At the risk of duplicate posting I have another that somewhere I know that I had already touched upon and that is the good old medical reason. While it is true for me it is also my cover story. Just now I am at the shop where the owner hates high heels and I have my Reebok princes high top flats and I am getting a pain in my ankle joint at the front of the joint. As soon as I get back to my heels that pain will go away just like I got a pain at the back of my ankle joint the first few times I went with the highest heels. So while there is some truth in a medical reason might work well. But now I would not recommend to get stuck into something so keep your way back like I did. With me I explain that some of the pains in my legs are lessened by switching from heels to flats and back again. Actually that is true for me at lest two days in a row if I can gets the best result. Another good thing about the medical reason is that if you do not get crazy this muscle stretching story can cover for wearing four inch heels without a lot of working up to it. Possibly do some research and find one of those accounts of the bloke that his doctor wanted him to get special boots for a thousand quid and he got some four inch heels and in a few days he could walk again.

Back when I started I never told anyone.After finding this site my mind started to wander about heeling infront of friends and in public etc. So I actually talked to my best friends' fiance about fashion and told her I or showed her about some heels I like, was Christians' heels.That started a conversation about me wearing heels. She told me if I want to do it and I feel comfortable I should do it.I asked her what my friend will think and she told me he will be fine,and she actually told him which I found out later on.So after a few days we talked and I asked him if she told him about something completely different,and he replied yea she told me about the shoes and he doesnt care about it because he knows me.So one day I showed up at his place with boots over my jeans and they still dont care. So Im bascially getting at, take it easy and slow.Start with talking that you like heels or something in that line.Dont push it and suddenly show up at their house or a event with heels without them knowing you wear heels.Everybody reacts differently.My other friend was so shocked I never even mention heels in front of him anymore.So take it slowly. And....if they love you enough family/freinds they'll accept you like you are :wavey:

he doesnt care about it because he knows me.So one day I showed up at his place with boots over my jeans and they still dont care.

Those who really care about us don't care about what we wear.

Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Hah! Hadn't intended it to, but it rhymes (sort of). My new signature!

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

For me I just started wearing them in front of my friends a family and prepared to answer any questions. Let them ask questions first. Also

Be conservative with the foot wear, no stilettos and no more than 3.5" high. You can go higher later.

This is similar to the way I handled it. Use your own good judgement. You know your friends and family better than anyone. Some can handle the "first sight" without too much surprise. Others need to ease into the reality. You know best because you know them well.