Farewell to a beauty in heels

As some of you may know, Whitney Houston died this Saturday. It is especially sad because of the great talent that she possessed was shadowed by her difficult life. Who could resist her hit song,

Even better, she could rock her some heels.

post-34043-133522973219_thumb.jpg

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net

It is unfortionate, but in her latter years, Ms. Houston created her own troubles through alcohal and drugs. Those 2 things raised havoc with her health and most unfortionately her voice. She lost her trade mark of being able to hit the very high notes in her latter years. The very thing that people went to her concerts for. It seems to be a pattern for the young and beatifully talented artists to die prematurely, due the excesses of their life styles.

It is unfortionate, but in her latter years, Ms. Houston created her own troubles through alcohal and drugs. Those 2 things raised havoc with her health and most unfortionately her voice. She lost her trade mark of being able to hit the very high notes in her latter years. The very thing that people went to her concerts for.

It seems to be a pattern for the young and beatifully talented artists to die prematurely, due the excesses of their life styles.

And I'm sorry, but the excuses of touring and live shows, publicity appearances, videos, and numerous interviews are not legitimate excuses for turning to drugs and alcohol to compensate. And I'm sure part of it it too is social or peer pressure, even for celebrities.

I agree. It moves me to think of what a waste of talent it was to loose Whitney to drugs and her death just underscored this for me. Drug addiction is one of the things that is hard for me to look past and I have a feeling there is more back story here.

Her story reminds me of one of my favorite movies,

. The song in video I linked to is A Heart is a House for love, one of the singers shoves the house pianist off the piano because he is purposely not playing the music as scored. It is set at a competition that is rigged against it but they nail it! After one of the singers gets involved in
his voice is ruined. (The link shows the scene where he tries to get back into the group by singing their old song horribly.) Seems familiar when Whitney
Wasted potential is tragic.

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net

I have played in many bands in front of many crowds in my time. Ive seen the problems with Drugs and Booze.. Its not really the Drugs and Booze, but the individual using them to excess. A good and conservative guess is 25-50% of everyone reading this is on some form of medication or is a recreational drug user. I can guarantee theres a few of us that hit up a pub/bar/gin-mill and drink once in a while as well. I will say I only know of 1 of the MANY former band members I've known over the years that has ever died from ' substance abuse '. There have been many people whom were told ' go away ' because THEIR problem was starting to rub others wrong. I cannot say I have ' sympathy ' for Whitney Houston. Gold records, world tours, having the ability to come and go as one pleases with a fortune to back it all up and leave something for your kids to carry on with.. What more could a person ask for that you would need to overmedicate or drink life away? Musically speaking, she was almost un-equalled in her prime. It would be very hard to debate weather ( or not ) she was in the same league with people like Aretha Franklyn, Dianna Ross or any of the other ' Pop '/R&B/Soul females of her genre. She had talent, LOTS of it. She had a gift that others ( including myself ) can only dream of having. To overlook ALL of that, and embrace a destructive lifestyle.. I wont ask ' why ' as the answer is already there. She chose to. A bad choice and one I dont hold against anyone. I just hope she is remembered for her music and not her end of days.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

• 2 weeks later...

ilikekicks, I think you're right. Easy to see what people have got that we haven't, not always so easy to see the things that make them unhappy. In my experience, gifts are rarely unconditional, whether given by people or the universe. I forget who it was said that the world is full of people living lives of quiet desperation. Worth bearing in mind in our dealings with others.