Hey all check these out! Iceskates with guess what?!

Ah yes. I think Amanda had similar as an avatar a little while ago. I suppose this opens up sports to those of our members who are "Stuck in Heels" Very interesting though - Thank you

"A man cannot make a pair of shoes rightly unless he do it in a devout manner" - Thomas Carlyle

A more detailed account with pictures of other styles here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2078184/An-accident-waiting-happen-Label-launches-high-heeled-boots-fashion-conscious-ice-skaters.html

I rather like the comment: 'Who ever designed these skates has the same fantasies I do!'

I have only been ice-skating a few times and have no particular skill. But, thinking about it, would high-heeled skates actually impede skating movement to the same extent that a similarly-heeled boot would alter one's gait when walking? If one can stand still and balance on ordinary skates (not dissimilar to a low platform shoe in elevation and stability, it seems), then skating away involves mostly sideways thrust with the legs rather than any walking motion (if I have expressed it correctly). I'm not sure that adding a high heel to the skate would make the skating motion (as distinct from walking) much different or, in itself, produce instability or discomfort. After all, it is easy enough to fall over on ice in ordinary skates - the heel might not make it any worse!

Has anyone ever actually tried to skate (ice or roller) in heels?

The "skates" are too wide. They are meant to be worn off the ice.

As Doc Shoe says, these are not made for skating. See this blog that has different views and also models wearing them on the catwalk

http://www.fashionblogblogger.com/style-blog/dsquared2-high-heel-skates

I also seem to recall that on the Daily Mail site someone said that it was a regurgitation of a year old story - just good PR for Dsquared2 probably

"A man cannot make a pair of shoes rightly unless he do it in a devout manner" - Thomas Carlyle