Facebook-aholic?

Hi.. I'm wood&metal, and I'm a recovering Facebook-aholic...:smile: It's been a week now since I deleted my profile and I'm loving that extra hour or so a day to do other things... The withdrawls the first few days were rough, mostly due to bad weather making me stir-crazy, but I think I've got it beat now...:smile: Has anyone else kicked the facebook; or other advertising driven social media outlet, habbit, and lived to tell about it?

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

Facebook is great... Keep up with all your friends without having to waste hours on the phone when THEY demand your time... Great way to keep up, in your own time, at your own leisure :smile: Hey, as for the ad's, well if it wasnt for those ad's and companies like mine spending hundreds each month on them, this place wouldnt have a business backing it :smile:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Facebook allows me to keep up with all my football mates. We use it to sort out where to drink, what time to meet for away matches and all the latest football gossip.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Nope, I'm well and truly an addict. It's the games on there that keep me addicted - I don't really care what other people are doing, I just enjoy burning half my 'spare time' on there :smile: and I think I'll go take a look at that page there... [update] *amused by the self-advertisement :smile:*

What I found.....funny......was the fact that I gave a 48 hour notice that I'd be deleting my profile with a "if you want to keep in touch shoot me your info ect."..... Not including my normal circle of friends, some of whom have also left facebook, of 90-some "friends" (old class mates, ect.) only one friend sent me her info, which I already had.. Now I know who my real friends are.. But then again, I already knew that.. As for the ads.. I'm in advertizing in a round-about way and I know the ads pay the bills, but I always felt it a little cheezy that it's my friends, brought to me by >insert co. here<... I know a few people with serious facebook issues, and i'm not joking.. Even while they are at work, they're on facebook playing with their farm sun up til' sun down (and then some) and if you took that away and their "crops" died, they'd go berzerk... At any rate.. It's a fairly nice day and I'm going to spend some time in the beautiful outdoors... Probably go for a walk..:smile:

Am off of Facebook for the month, only to replace it with pretty-constant Twitter updates, which I have it situated to update To Facebook, lol! But with nothing to do on Twitter, it gives me *looks at invisible watch* around 30 more minutes of spare time that I use on other sites, like HHPlace :smile: But c'mon, can you blame me? (Hint: Look at my age!)

Formally "HHDude"

With six kids on facebook it's a good way to know what they are up to. Some bands and local venues (probably many many) use it giving links to new tours etc. So I use it more of a tool than a chat line now. A couple of years back I deleted my profile only to find it reactivated on several occasions? Resetting later as the kids matured worked out better. And thus we stand currently. Al

It makes me wonder how our grandparents manged to accumulate so may friends without farcebook or twatter.

Easy, Dr.... They went out and said "Hello!" to people... Of couse, back then, folks would smile back and say something back in kind.. Now days, not so much..

Yes exactly. say hello to someone and they think you're some kind of weirdo and yet there's every chance they're following you on witter.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Yet go across the channel and it's expected to acknowledge all you meet. I was close to Trevieres in france last week above Saint Lo, each morning I was doing the bread run (in heels to add) on entry to the bread shop I was always welcomed even with others being served in front. It's so refreshing to be recognised as a customer not as a income. Al