First post, first heels

evoviii

I've always know I've like looking at women in high heels; very sensual and erotic when done right. My wife has about a dozen pairs of shoes, many of them heels that I like to look at her wear. But it wasn't until this past weekend that I discovered that I'd like to wear them. None of what my wife has are exactly the style I really like, but she had one or two that were closer, and I tried them on. Yep, I like to wear. She's a size 9-91/2, but had a couple of 10's. The pair I liked the most was a size 10; just a little tight. I decided that I'd love to experience sexy heels; feel for myself what a women "gets" when she wears them.

My favorite style, and the one I would buy are the ankle straps (I'm still learning the terminology) where it anchors in the back and goes all the way around. A little online research showed that there were double, triple, and even quadruple strap heels. Also, a search on the local retail .com's seemed to show that ankle straps were rare, never mind the multiple straps. I decided to go to the mall and try to get a simple single strap, but almost right away found a black double strap Lido on sale in my size. I looked around at some other stores, even found a couple other desirable single straps, but decided to go with the double for my first pair.

The Lido's have a zipper heel (tho I would mind having to strap them on), and though the toe is more platform than my ideal, I still like them a lot. Wearing them is as every bit as enthralling as I had hoped, I'm getting good at getting around in them pretty fast. I can't ever see being able to drive in them though. I know I definitely want another pair, a simple single strap D'orsay would do nice. Perhaps peep toe, pointed, or even open. It will probably be up to what I can find.

Shopping for heels is less than satisfying; I know the sales girls are looking at me "OMG, he's buying size 10 heels for himself". I got a polite silence at the register. I'm open to any tips for shoe buying.

I like these:

Or even these:

Hi! And welcome to the wonderful world of high heels! Bravo on your decision to pursue your shoe desires and indulge in your curiosity. Being a guy who likes heels is difficult at first, but with time and patience, you'll be able to overcome your own stigmas and wear heels like they're any other shoe! I've been shopping for womens shoes more and more lately, and I've found that the majority of the public does not care about what u wear. When shopping, I am often helped out by the staff at the stores and they're very kind. Its really all in your head when it comes to trying on shoes at the store, so with time, you'll realize this. As far as sizing for the best fit, I've found that when you add 1.5 to your mens size, you'll find a comfortable fit for most of your womens shoes. There are plenty of exceptions to this rule, but its the easiest to keep in mind. Don't worry about others when trying on your shoes, as ppl will a) not care, and :smile: have their own opinion anyway, which still won't matter. :smile: Have fun!

I like them both and the pointy pumps I'd wear myself.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I wear 10.5 mens US, and I initially got the Lido's (from Sears) in size 11, and they were too big. If it weren't for the straps I could have flung them off my feet. I exchanged them for a 10 and they are just a little snug, but I can't put my finger tip behind my heel like the 11's. The next time I shop I may have a problem. I've thought about carrying some sort of measured representation of the length of my foot to get the right size without having to try them on. Plotting to go buy another of my dream shoes is just so exciting. I'm sure the actual experience won't live up to that; but wearing a "conquest" can be almost intoxicating. Pointed, peeps, or open toes. Decisions!

Welcome:

This place is great for advice and everything. I have had lots of luck ordering high heels from Ebay. Sometimes you can find really great deals on heels in the higher sizes (10 on up). I usually have no trouble finding size 9 (same as my wife). However, there are more sites to order from. You can even search on here for more sites and members themselves selling high heels.

Videos were cool.

Thanks for the support and welcome. Heels are a new thing for me. After wearing the heels around the house yesterday morning, I periodically had "phantom pains" of the absent heels throughout the day in regular shoes. To me the ankle strap adds so much to the look and sensation of the heels. Double strap adds to that. I've seen some triple strap, and would really like to get some:

http://www.pinkstilettoshop.com/images/products/detail/SED403.jpg

For moment, I will continue to to enjoy my first:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_054VA45134701P?prdNo=4&blockNo=4&blockType=G4

I've thought about carrying some sort of measured representation of the length of my foot to get the right size

Duh... You have a perfectly good and accurate one at the end of your leg...

Try them on!

One, its a lot of fun.

Two, you get the correct size.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Very commendable choice for your first. I too am partial to straps at the ankle or instep. Yes there are so many different variations available to the ladies in the style, color, and "accessories" on a pair of shoes. Lucky for them and us.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.