Great Posture: Just Another Reason To Wear High Heels!

quidam

Wearing high heels adds to your personality but did you know, wearing high heels can shape your body posture. Yes! Wearing heels shapes the figure especially the buttocks and thighs. Shoes help tone the buttocks and thighs. Women love to wear high heels but many don’t know the advantages of wearing heels. High heels builds your confidence and makes you look thin and tall. Lets check out the advantages of wearing high heels on your figure.Advantages of wearing high heels to shape up the body posture:

• After wearing heels women get a feeling of having a good posture. Heels raise the buttocks and make them look bigger. It also helps to bring out an attractive body posture while adding confidence. High heels enhances the calf muscles, breasts and buttocks. The leg muscles are toned which shows on the buttocks. Wear high heels for an hour to tone your buttocks. If you are wearing for the first time, practice walking at home with them to avoid getting ankle sprains.
  • It supports the arch of the foot. It unlocks the knee and weakly flexes which strengthen the lose leg muscles and help in toning the legs. High heels improves circulation in your legs which can reduce swelling and the accumulation of fluids, especially in the ankles. It forces you to engage your leg muscles which stimulates the leg veins. This increases the supply of fluids and blood circulation to the heart.
  • High heeled shoes tuck the pelvis in order to counteract with the affects of the forward lean on your spine. This can help to strengthen your abdominal muscles as well as the pelvic muscles. A nice alternative to kegel exercises.
  • If you have back pain due to deformity of lumbar spine (the spine doesn’t possess enough forward curve) you lack a natural forward curve. Therefore, wearing modest 1 ½ inches high heels can help relieve muscle tension and lower back pain.
So, wear high heels to shape up the body posture but don’t wear too high heels such as 2-3 inches or more. This can lead to back pain, stiffness in back, compact the spine, especially for those whose spines already curve forward more than normal. It can even lead to nerve compression, damage, pain and muscle weakness. So, use it for a short period to shape up the body posture.

As seen in: http://www.bangstyle.com/2011/09/great-posture-just-another-reason-to-wear-high-heels/

High heels have cured my lower back problems, The beneifts of high heels seem to be completely unknown outside the high heels community.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

It's no secret that on a normal, healthy person, high heels will be an aesthetic asset....and a fitness disaster. It's a well known fact that high heels alter the posture to the extent that hip joints, the lower spine, knees, ankles and feet all suffer damage if high heels are worn regularly over a long period of time.

However, it's also a well known fact, that high heels (on a woman at least), bring out the best of her waist, hips, legs and feet, by emphasising their shapes, and by giving her a posture that 'shakes them all about'.

I'm sure that nearly all the men...and the women here, will understand what I mean, when I say that my husband loves me in high heels, because, he says, when I walk, they "make my 'derriere' bob about like a bunny rabbit's tail".

Enough said.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

If you think you have back problems then look up the disease ankylosing spondylitis this is what I now have in the worst form, hips back neck the lot no cure or fix, but I can say wearing heels even 2-3 inches a few hours a day does wonders for my posture and makes me feel a lot better nothing else appears to work. The disease only gets worse in time but I try and carry on the best I can.

life is not a rehearsal

I

I'm sure that nearly all the men...and the women here, will understand what I mean, when I say that my husband loves me in high heels, because, he says, when I walk, they "make my 'derriere' bob about like a bunny rabbit's tail".

Enough said.

And I'm sure your "derriere" wiggles, too. Not that I've noticed that when I have seen other women walking in high heels. This is just a scientific observation.:smile:

Enough said.

Your husband and mine should be brothers :smile:

and, after all, a girl in high heels never walks too much....gentlemen are always at hand to help her anyway.

Elegance is my second name

Works with me My previous injuries are shoulder and neck from a major car accident, once the cold damp weather bites in hell wakes up. The re-posturing works very well. Not a total fix but a major improvement. What really sorts it out is getting out to 25degree Tenerife and just absorbing the warmth, just 2 hours and "what problem?" But then heeling out there is quite limiting :smile: except at night for us "hidden" heelers, not sure but I don't think we have any members out there. Al

• 2 months later...

Works with me

My previous injuries are shoulder and neck from a major car accident, once the cold damp weather bites in hell wakes up. The re-posturing works very well. Not a total fix but a major improvement.

What really sorts it out is getting out to 25degree Tenerife and just absorbing the warmth, just 2 hours and "what problem?"

But then heeling out there is quite limiting :smile: except at night for us "hidden" heelers, not sure but I don't think we have any members out there.

Al

Are you saying, Al, that male heel-wearing in public is frowned upon/ridiculed/dangerous in the Canaries? I had always assumed that the Spanish influence and lifestyle favoured modest heeling (and other somewhat flamboyant behaviour), given the flamenco, cuban-heeled boots etc.