Violet, introduction

Violet

Hello everyone! I'm 32, and I fairly recently (over the last couple years or so) came out as a lesbian, first to myself and then to other people. This has led directly to a sudden, passionate interest in clothing and shoes. And make up. Making yourself attractive just makes more sense when you know who you want to attract. Involvement in the lesbian community makes you more aware and conscious of gender identity and expression, and I think from this perspective I will be able to make relevant contributions to many discussions here. Heeled shoes are very strongly coded as both feminine and sexual in our culture. I may also have some pertinent things to say regarding the persecution experienced by men who wear heels, and how this relates to the persecution of other groups who are perceived as violating gender norms. And, having been through my own coming out experience, I'll be able to contribute to discussions about how and when to disclose your interest in heeling to loved ones and others. I look forward to getting to know you all!

Hi Violet, Welcome to the forums! Thanks for the detailed introduction about yourself. It's quite refreshing to get to know someone a little from their first post. I'm sure you'll fit in here just fine and I'm certain we all look forward to getting to know you better with time. Take care, Chris

Welcome Violet, I too look forward to your views on various topics. Most of my lesbian friends never wear heels so I suppose you are breaking away from the norm just like us.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Welcome Violet, and thanks for your very thoughtful and sensitive introduction. I love that you said "came out... first to myself" which really emphasizes how self-acceptance is the foundation for how we interact with others.

I guess maybe some lesbians distance themselves from all the "trappings" of femininity because it represents attracting guys... and a lot of straight guys who like to wear heels are reluctant for exactly the same reason. You said it so well: "Making yourself attractive just makes more sense when you know who you want to attract".

Have fun with your newfound passion, and do post and let us know all about your favourite styles of heels.

If you like it, wear it.

Greetings Violet, Thank you for your introduction and thoughtful points which you have stated very well. You have chosen words which are certainly applicable to many of us here and our desires/passions. I certainly would like to hear more of your experiences regarding your journey. Thank you sharing and welcome to the HH Place! Mtnsofheels