New Article

abburke

The lack of choices for us may be one of the factors that moves some mene into what is traditionally women's footwear. I think the choices for men are terrible. That is one reason (among others) that most of my shoe styles are "women's." Doubt if I'll ever buy another pair of "men's" shoes!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

• 5 weeks later...
Thank you for sharing the article. I wish just one men's shoes shoemaker would create and marker at least one pair of men's shoes with a higher heel, a little more feminine, maybe different color or material, and just see if it takes off? This is what happened back in the 70's prior to the "disco era" and platform shoes. Time will tell.

Thank you for sharing the article. I wish just one men's shoes shoemaker would create and marker at least one pair of men's shoes with a higher heel, a little more feminine, maybe different color or material, and just see if it takes off? This is what happened back in the 70's prior to the "disco era" and platform shoes. Time will tell.

I think they're trying. The problem is, instead of just doing it, they're using the runways as weatherbells, and as you know, the fashion industry loves to pride itself on embracing change while ridiculing real change left and right.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

I think they're trying. The problem is, instead of just doing it, they're using the runways as weatherbells, and as you know, the fashion industry loves to pride itself on embracing change while ridiculing real change left and right.

Like kikepa said, they are already doing it. Gaultier has been marketing and designing men's heels for years now. Along with Rick Owens, who has also been marketing and designing men's heels for years now, both their efforts are enough to solidify the interest of the high fashion industry. Don't forget the Dior Homme 6.5's from a few years ago. They epitomized the masculine/cuban style heel everyone claims would be sufficient to cause the rest of the world to follow.

Historically, it's from the high fashion industry's runways that more mainstream companies take their cues. Online Social Media may now be slowly changing that. Companies like Jeffrey Campbell, whose shoes are wildly popular on a global scale with the twenty something female crowd just released remakes of women's heels as men's. They even paid male models for their mini campaigns surrounding the footwear. My gut tells me Jeffrey Campbell got their cue for men's heels from the internet, not the runway.

There are five necessary factors that come into play for ultimate assimilation: the designers , the commercial corporations marketing to the mass public, the buying public, the press, and most importantly, the REALITY of heels as street wear by men. While all 5 factors are necessary to ultimate assimilation, when standing alone, they are not sufficient in and of themselves to create the collective unconscious shift so many desire. Until all 5 factors work together in harmony on a consistent basis, it's unlikely there will be a collective unconscious shift on some 'critical mass' scale.

This is why I keep focusing on the importance of winning smaller level battles. You have control over that. When people actually meet a man in heels in REALITY, it's much different than when they face the IDEA in their own heads. In the last two weeks I've had two models (arguably some of the most desirable women) ask me to wear my stilettos when out. And yes, I got sexual with them.

Collective unconscious victories will be won on social and professional circle levels by those men courageous enough to wear heels around their peers.

p.s. I know roniheels and kikepa both know this, I thought for some silly reason I'd add my two cents here.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Kikepa, Kneehighs, I agree with what you said. Also with Walkonit's comment on the article page (though I hate the way the author replied to him). What I don't understand is the following : I don't know about Dior's and Owen's, but apparently, Jeffrey Campbell's men's heels were sold out in no time. Isn't that a motivating sign from the market ? I don't think they made losses with the shoes. so why don't they increase the offer ? Don't tell me this would cause the prices to fall !!!

What I don't understand is the following : I don't know about Dior's and Owen's, but apparently, Jeffrey Campbell's men's heels were sold out in no time.

Isn't that a motivating sign from the market ? I don't think they made losses with the shoes. so why don't they increase the offer ? Don't tell me this would cause the prices to fall !!!

Where did you get the information that Jeffrey Campbell's were sold out in no time? Just a fact checking question.

Well I saw the thread on hhplace a few weeks ago or so, telling that solestruck was selling the shoes. I jumped on the internet with the intention to buy a pair. Only one pair in size 46 was left, and Solestruck is not specially close to Europe. So I checked at other retailers, found one with the one same article left in size 46. Not my size anyway. I checked yesterday at this store, they were sold out.

Kikepa, Kneehighs,

I agree with what you said. Also with Walkonit's comment on the article page (though I hate the way the author replied to him).

What I don't understand is the following : I don't know about Dior's and Owen's, but apparently, Jeffrey Campbell's men's heels were sold out in no time.

Isn't that a motivating sign from the market ? I don't think they made losses with the shoes. so why don't they increase the offer ? Don't tell me this would cause the prices to fall !!!

Albeit it wasn't just us buying the shoes (I wish I could have, actually). I mean, c'mon. There's ladies out there that probably liked them wayy more than us. And on that thought, it leads me to believe that they could have bought them out for a number of reasons; yet, I retreat on saying them in terms of causing a flurry of responses in disagreement.

That said, One must keep in mind that although designers are making that effort in creating exclusive high heel footwear for us men, the reality is that when an attempt like JC made with a few nameless videos quite awhile ago hits the public eye, depending on how appealing the shoe may be, the race is on to find the retailer selling the shoes so that One can buy a pair for themselves. And it somewhat puts us in a tight spot.

Because I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going in thinking it would stick around for quite some time (before showing discontinuation) and that I could get my pair sometime further down the line. But I suppose since JC did take the approach he did in showing off those platform booties, attention for the shoes rose quickly for the ladies.

I know what I want to say, but I can't seem to get my point across.

Formally "HHDude"

Well I saw the thread on hhplace a few weeks ago or so, telling that solestruck was selling the shoes. I jumped on the internet with the intention to buy a pair. Only one pair in size 46 was left, and Solestruck is not specially close to Europe. So I checked at other retailers, found one with the one same article left in size 46. Not my size anyway.

I checked yesterday at this store, they were sold out.

Maybe you are right, but I still think Jeffrey Campbell may have

1. Only had very limited quantities of the shoe initially, to protect their downside and reduce risk

2. Image protection in place. They don't want to look bad for the risk they took, so they possibly impose a false "Sold Out" online sign.

There's no real way to tell without performing a TRUE audit.

Hopefully you are right.

Well I sent an email to one of the representatives of Jeffrey Campbell and they sent me an email saying that they were going to have some more assorted colors of the Lita model and possibly more by the middle of September. Talk about someone who can't wait!!!! I know I'm getting my order in.

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

Posted another article about gender:

http://aahronhardcastle.hubpages.com/hub/Gender-Color-Children-and-Choice

If anyone thinks this should be posted elsewhere on the forum let me know.

I like how you told the story from your own personal experience. It was interesting.

Well I sent an email to one of the representatives of Jeffrey Campbell and they sent me an email saying that they were going to have some more assorted colors of the Lita model and possibly more by the middle of September. Talk about someone who can't wait!!!! I know I'm getting my order in.

This is indeed great news. I think of Jeffery Campbell as a future indicator for men in heels. Jeffrey Campbell is popular with the 20 something crowd so as that generation grows and passes it's values onto the next generation, we'll be experiencing more momentous change around 20-40 years from now (2031).