Attempting to get the correct shoe size for peep toe

hh_pe

With all the shoes and heels my wife has gotten from Aerosoles, she recently received a coupon for $30 off any order. Not having an immediate need for anything, she asked if I wanted anything. Not wanting to let "free" money go to waste, I was on the computer in no time. I settled on the heel called Winsome. The first photo is from the website. The second is me wearing them. Since it is the summer time, I don't shave my legs because everyone in our neighborhood has always seen me with hairy legs. Now to my question. Given my toes don't "peep" out that much with these heels, I started to wonder what is the "rule of thumb" for showing the right amount of toe? I know this is a subjective issue, and I have not been able to determine what is the correct look by watching ladies walk in peep toe heels. What are your thoughts? As an aside, the heels are a size 11. I'm wondering if a 10.5 wide would have been a better fit.

post-22620-13352294598_thumb.jpg

post-22620-133522945982_thumb.jpg

In that shoe, 10.5W might being better. Because it doesn't seem to be exactly around your ankle, it looks little tight around your small toe, and toes do not far enough in the front. With a wider shoe it should cause your toes and ankle to be in the correct spots and your heels won't be so far back which is why a smaller size should be need. Long story short I think you are right.

I wear peep toe ,open toe & peak toe pumps. No two pair fit the same even if they are the same brand and style. I think you would do fine to keep what you have in the pick. However if they are tight in the toe area I would exchange for a wider width if available. The main thing to remember , you do not want your toes flying out of them to the point of hanging over the edge. That is a trashy look in my opinion. They are a great style and have fun in them.

hh_pe, Fabulous question. I think there are variables such as width of vamp cut (the actual width of the peep-toe opening), where the shoe was made as sizing does differ and what the shoe is made of. Patent material will not stretch much but real leather real. My general rule is that your toes should NEVER extend past the edge of the shoe and should be no closer than 1/2" (about 1.5 cm) from the edge. I reached my conclusion based on observations of how peep-toe and other sandal-type shoes are worn and my preferences. You want the right balance of a properly-fitting shoe and giving the world the right perspective of your pedicure. I know I take a size 10 or 11 in wedge-heel or other sandals where the vamp opening is much wider, a nearly-always size 11 in peep=toe heels, and always a size 11 in pumps. This is one more reason to always try them on in the store of your choice rather than relying upon the Internet to do all your shopping. Tell us how your research works out as you shop for your perfect peep-toe pair. HappyinHeels:wave:

Thanks for the input. I purchased these online, which I realize is part of the problem. I didn't have time to into the store where my wife knows the manager. I've been doing some "research" during my lunch hour and have see many different amounts of toe showing. Also saw one where the toes were over the front of the heel. And yes, it look tacky. What I have gathered so far is my preference is to show more toe with a french manicure and less with fully painted nails. Now I just need to get the wife to give me the OK to get a french manicure.