Pleased to be here

Hello all :wave: I am so pleased to have found this site. I don't know how it took so long! What can I tell you? I am obviously a bloke who has been fascinated by heels forever. I do have other female dress related interests but they are for elsewhere on the net. But heels are what counts in my book. I love looking at them and wearing them and just can't understand why a man in a smart suit with classy heels on his feet is a look that hasn't caught on. :) I do realise that most would not find it an attractive look, however. Other than that, i am getting beyond middle age and my feet are too big and wide for most really good shoes but I am happy with the ones I have - for the moment anyway! My biggest problem in life is how not to look at a lady's feet rather than her face when meeting - any hints and tips are always welcome. :) This was meant to be my first post but i got tempted by the Word Association Game!! Sorry! I am sure i will enjoy this site, having had a look around before registering.

"A man cannot make a pair of shoes rightly unless he do it in a devout manner" - Thomas Carlyle

hi, always good to see a new member with the same passion as me, especially from england aswell, im in the midlands and would like to meet more local heelers, i love boots mainly, mostly knee high with high heels of course, need a zip tho as ones without are a bit difficult to get into,(do enjoy a challenge of trying tho), love going out in public in them, sitting i mcdonalds or cafes just to get a reaction, cant think of anything more fun, hope our paths cross at some point, enjoy the site

Welcome manluvheels! I sure you'll find what you're looking for here.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thanks for the welcome Shafted and maninboots Despite my comment about suits and heels on a man, I think it is only in my mind as I am too conservative and conformist to actually do it. But I am allowed to dream :) There is so much going on here - it's great!

"A man cannot make a pair of shoes rightly unless he do it in a devout manner" - Thomas Carlyle

Welcome, manluvheels, to High heel Place. The look you describe is one I have personally incorporated into what I wear when I wear high heels in public. I was inspired by women who wear high heels with pant suits. I really admire that look. It sounds like you will fit real well into this very friendly website. Hope to hear more from you soon.

Thanks Roinheels - must say I far prefer ladies in heels with skirts rather than trousers (pants) - that way the shoe is shown off in all its glory and the lady looks great as well. As for me, it is really just my little fantasy to turn up at the office totally male except for the heels - and i am so not going to do that ever!

Hello all :)

I love looking at them and wearing them and just can't understand why a man in a smart suit with classy heels on his feet is a look that hasn't caught on. :) I do realise that most would not find it an attractive look, however.

Firstly, hi and welcome to the forum. Youll find lots of like minded people here who share your interest in Heels.

On the the bit that I have quoted you above - I think the prevailing opinion here is that its mainly due to mind sets conditioned by society from an early age (only girls wear heels) or mis-conceptions (men who wear heels must be gay). I will grant that even if these conditions didnt exist, there would still be people who wouldnt care for the look but hey that can be put to individual tastes. Maybe not 'most' but 'some'

Anyway, if enough of us start to stand up for it, maybe it will catch on but sadly i doubt it will in our life times

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

Welcome to the forum, manluvheels! It has been a while since you joined and I've noticed a few of your postings and look forward to more.

Firstly, hi and welcome to the forum. Youll find lots of like minded people here who share your interest in Heels.

On the the bit that I have quoted you above - I think the prevailing opinion here is that its mainly due to mind sets conditioned by society from an early age (only girls wear heels) or mis-conceptions (men who wear heels must be gay). I will grant that even if these conditions didnt exist, there would still be people who wouldnt care for the look but hey that can be put to individual tastes. Maybe not 'most' but 'some'

Anyway, if enough of us start to stand up for it, maybe it will catch on but sadly i doubt it will in our life times

Maybe men in high heels can catch on first where each of us live because we have helped the mindset in our part of the world. Waiting for it only makes it possible for this to happen somewhere else, if at all in our life time. Wouldn't we rather be enjoying an active heeler's life with the people we know or come to know, than shrouded in secrecy and missing the joys that life has to offer. Yes, there are valid reasons we use to maintain the status quo and heel in the closed world we have created, which brings some satisfaction. However, in being able to share our desires for heeling will help let the world know men and women are more alike then society has propagandized our stereotyping.

Thanks to all of you for such a warm welcome - and even a thank you already from Amanda!! Very nice and welcoming as well. You are all certainly making me think far more deeply than ever about males wearing heels to work and socially. Of course if it does become as many of you wish, there will be no need for this forum :) My thought is though, that if they did become mainstream they would be heavier and more blocky to take the weight of many men and also look "masculine" - which is not the sort of heel that gets my interest. Nick

Thanks to all of you for such a warm welcome - and even a thank you already from Amanda!! Very nice and welcoming as well.

You are all certainly making me think far more deeply than ever about males wearing heels to work and socially.

Of course if it does become as many of you wish, there will be no need for this forum :)

My thought is though, that if they did become mainstream they would be heavier and more blocky to take the weight of many men and also look "masculine" - which is not the sort of heel that gets my interest.

Nick

I take it that stiletto heels are the ones that interest you. Not only is it a beautiful shoe to look at, it is an engineering marvel as well. It isn't a matter of the shoe needing to be stronger to support a man's weight, it's more that men need to walk properly in them.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I take it that stiletto heels are the ones that interest you. Not only is it a beautiful shoe to look at, it is an engineering marvel as well. It isn't a matter of the shoe needing to be stronger to support a man's weight, it's more that men need to walk properly in them.

LOL - so true Shafted. It takes a great deal of application to get it right - and they are such a contribution to posture. head up and shoulders back - not the normal male way of slouching!!