Skanky Style

William

Just wondering... If/When high heels become more of a trend for men, will more men embrace a simple elegant heel, or will more men try a more slutty/skanky look? I ask because I also check out "high Heel Passion" website, and a lot of men submit pictures of themselves looking pretty slutty. Any thoughts?

Too many variables - how do they dress now without high heels. Even if they became a fashion trend, I'm not likely to see it around my area unless it's some high school guys out trolling for girls. Yep - - slutty like they like their girls,

I would think men would continue to dress the way they normally do that is comfortable for them and incorporate their high heels with their outfits. I don't think the clothes would change and based on their outfits, they would wear whatever style high heels they would deem fit with that style and outfit.

I agree with roni. Dressing skanky as a man youd need to wear skirts with fishnet stockings.Mens clothng dont look skanky,well non that Ive seen so far. I for example dont wear skirts or very tight clothing,dont like tight clothing even mens clothes thats tight.I dont want to offend anyone here so please dont take this the wrong way,I dont like seeing guys in dresses or skirts so I dont hope that more and more men will dress skanky in public :D. If heels were to become a trend for men,Id incorporate it into my normal fashion choices as Roni said.Might make a few changes.I wear jeans a lot.So Id need to get different clothing etc lol. Just my thoughts on this :smile:

It really is the whole look that men would have to think about. When wearing heels in public you can't wear the shoes for their own sake. If the shoes are outrageous the rest of the outfit would have to reflect that. It's probably a lot more daring then most men would be willing to go. The important thing for color is that the shoes need to share some of the same color as the rest of the clothing to not look too odd. Tonight at the theatre I wore my camoflage pumps with a 5" nickle plated steel stiletto heel. which shared the same color palette as my DKNY T-shirt. It really worked.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I imagine as others say most men would continue to dress as they do now. Personally I have no issue with wearing bright colours now so if heels were acceptable I guess the only change would be I would wear different colours rather than the standard black. I don't think my actual clothing would change as I am happy and comfortable with my style at present. Yes I love the "skanky" look but I will save that for private as I have no desire to present myself as a slut in public, I will save that for MrsF.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I think the look is fine for a woman if she so chooses, but I just think it looks silly for a man to emulate that look. While I do integrate some feminine items into my wardrobe, I still don't have any desire to wear bright feminine colors, or items decorated with flowery or lacey accents, and so forth. Even patent leather type shoes (ie. very shiny shoes), are not as appealing to me for whatever reason. I just prefer a more conservative look I guess? :smile:

William, I suspect the reason some men overtly go for the skanky look is simply because heels for men, indeed any amount of feminine-style clothing on men, is considered taboo. If the taboo disappears then the mystique and attention surrounding the wearer also disappear. My more libertarian view is that men should have the SAME RIGHT without fear of social stigma to wear what they want be it skanky or more conservative like hhheels talks about. HappyinHeels

I make no attempt to look feminine, that is to say I do not wear makeup or wigs but I often wear miniskirts with my heels or short shorts and fishnets to show off my legs and my heels. As I have said here before women flirt with me alot when wearing this sort of outfit, they do not flirt with me in normal guy mode. Who gives a crap what others think enjoy yourself and do what you enjoy doing. You will find it exciting and maybe others around you will as well even if you never know it.

William,

I suspect the reason some men overtly go for the skanky look is simply because heels for men, indeed any amount of feminine-style clothing on men, is considered taboo. If the taboo disappears then the mystique and attention surrounding the wearer also disappear. My more libertarian view is that men should have the SAME RIGHT without fear of social stigma to wear what they want be it skanky or more conservative like hhheels talks about.

HappyinHeels

Amen, brother! As for the others...You think that women in masculine apparel were considered normal and not silly back then?