5 inch heels

secondreaper

I am a 26 yo male, just recenlty divorced, my wife and i had quite the high heel fetish, I bought her new heels at least once a week, this was our therapy, we would go out to eat, she would dress up in her highest heels and on the way home we would stop and get her a new pair of heels, when we got home she would change into the new shoes and then the gloves were off! this leads me to my question, i LOVE high heels i mean love them. I want male and female opinions on this, I purchased myself 3 pairs of heels over 5 inches to wear around the house and to wear out in public, I want to wear them out sooooooo bad but I dont want to be judged or looked at in a weird way, please give me some insight HHP thanks Reaper

I would start by wearing ur heels with a pair of pants and drive ur car and pull over and get out and walk around the car start this at night and work ur way to daylight. Then progress to shorts or skirt and dress.

give me more heels

Welcome! Many of us would love to wear our heels out and not be judged or looked at in a weird way. Heck, there are plenty of ones I have that I'd love to wear in public, but I don't for the same reason. Here's what I have learned from advice here and from what I've experienced. You have to realize that even a woman wearing 5 inch heels WILL get noticed. Now if you're a guy, you'll get the same amount of attention, but once people notice, then the double takes will start. So, you have to be prepared for that. If you act like something is wrong, other people will tune in to that and reinforce that. If you go into it with the attitude that "Hey, I'm wearing what I want to wear, and I don't care what anyone else thinks", then you'll project that confidence and folks probably won't give you grief about it. As for the judging, well, you don't really have control over that. I think there was a thread here at one point talking about women being judged for wearing really high heels, so yes, people will make their own opinions. For me, I'm not really too concerned with what some stranger thinks, but for friends, neighbors, and folks I see every day, it weighs a little more on my mind. Mickey's advice is similar to what others will say. Start off with low heels, wear them incognito to begin with, slowly raise the bar and gain confidence. I usually ask myself "Can I imagine how a woman wearing these would look?". If you ask yourself that and think "This might look silly on a woman", then you'll look just as silly, and probably more so. Hope this helps! :silly:

One part of being comfortable wearing high heels in public is the outfit you wear with them. Select and outfit that you will be most comfortable wearing with your high heels. Like the other two have said, maybe start with lower heels, wear them in a few public places, until you get more and more comfortable wearing them in public. You can also gauge the reactions you get from your first outings and how you feel about them. On my outings, I always plan on what I'm going to do and where I'm going to go. The bottom line is to be comfortable and have fun. And good luck to you.

I just bought 2 pair of 5 inch heels on Ebay. I only wear at home as well. The only time I get to wear iin public is when I do the Walk A Mile In Her Shoes charity walks. I have one coming up in 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to wearing one of the new pair. I've been breaking them in by wearing them as much as I can arond the house.

I agree with most of the above. The part I do not agree with is the shorts, skirts and dresses. It is not so that once you wear heels you have to go to those automatically. The people on this site are divided in groups that only wear heels, those that wear a bit more and some who go to full cross dressing. You should do what you think is right for you and you should not feel peer pressure to do things that you feel uncomfortable with. A good way is to select your clothes and then stand in front of a full length mirror and just have a good look at yourself. What do you see? How would you react if you saw someone like that in the street? It is even more brutish if you take a picture of yourself and have a real good look at it. Be critical. When you can pass that, you are ready to go out. As people say, start with lower block heels and long trousers. Then it is not so obvious and hardly anyone will notice. This helps you build up confidence. Then you take it from there. You can make the heels a bit higher or thinner, or have the legs on your pants a little bit shorter, to make the heels more visible. It is all up to you. Occasionally someone notices and keeps looking at your feet. So what. (of course it helps if you live in a city like Amsterdam, London or San Francisco). The important thing is to radiate confidence. If you behave like prey, you will be prey. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Nicely said Yozz. Take your time, stay relaxed and be comfortable then the confidence builds then you can do anything. Well almost just keep it legal if you know what I mean. Al

secondreaper, Being only 26, and divorced, you have your whole life ahead of you so I wouldn't get frustrated and anxious over what heels you suddenly want to put on your feet. Understand that your love of high heels is not a new thing, rather something you have felt for a long time. What you do want to do is figure out how you can work this part of your personality into your life without it dominating your life. As others have said, this forum covers an array of people from men and women that just like high heels, to people who blend various male and female clothing into a look they create for themselves to those that go through the complete transformation and dress as the other gender. What we ALL share in common is the love for high heel shoes and boots and the the positive effects it has on us. I am a big proponent of buying your heels IN PERSON for I believe you'll have a more rewarding shopping experience by creating a rapport with sales associates and ensuring the best possible fit of the heels you buy. Above all, YOU must feel comfortable about the decisions you make and what you wear. A common theme in this forum is CONFIDENCE, you'll be so much better off when you do everything with it than without it. It may not be football but that game has lessons for life in general. The famous Vince Lombardi was heard telling his Packers teams; "When you guys make it into the end zone act like you've been there before." Now apply this to how you'll approach shopping for high heels. Go into the store CONFIDENTLY, and act like you've been there before. Confidence is, quite literally, the life blood of anyone's successful endeavor, whether it's running a business, running for office, raising a family, or managing your career . We all wish you well and stand willing to help. HappyinHeels:wave::silly::unsure: