Loathe shoping - love shoes

heelman500

My wife asked me quite out of the blue last night why I loved shopping for shoes and looking at shoes (For both me and her) and would spend ages in a shoe store and yet I loathed shopping with her and spent about 2 minutes max in clothes shops. "You dont really care about fashion etc.. only where shoes are concerned, I want you to spend more time shopping for what I want." I can be in, selected and bought in five minutes where as she takes forever and I have gone to the nearest pub. Anyone else the same??

well i rly dont like shop for clothes, cuz i allways look over girl side and i want something on it :) so rather dont go to cloth store cuz i know myself, would like to get some woman stuff better then mans :lmao: and spending hours for things witch ya just cant buy witchout notice u looking in wrong side, even when i go to shop buy some male shoes i know myself will pointlessly look also on woman shoes.... like they even got my size, rofl- i know on normal market cant find anything witch fits me anyway :lmao::(:) no matter how much i would like them. so better spend hrs to find something on internet then pointlessly walk along ppl who needs something on shop and looking for her cloths :smile:

every human has they own choices...

I love shopping with or without MrsF, spend a lot of time looking at shoes and clothing mainly girls stuff. Have no issue going into shops exclusively catering for female clothing and shoes as that's what I'm after most of the time.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I love shopping with or without MrsF, spend a lot of time looking at shoes and clothing mainly girls stuff. Have no issue going into shops exclusively catering for female clothing and shoes as that's what I'm after most of the time.

Same goes for me. In fact, there are times when I prefer being on my own as I find it easier to relax with the assistants and other customers in the shops. A few months ago I was trying some heels in New Look and I spotted a lady, mid to late 20s I'd say who was trying on pairs of fairly glam stilettos. She kept going back to this one pair which I reckon she liked but maybe didn't dare wear. You know how it is? You think you won't measure up to the look or you just ain't brave enough. So I went over to her while she stood looking longingly at her feet while she had the shoes on. I asked her if they were for a wedding and she said yes. So then I said I thought she looked really good in them and thought she should buy them. I so wanted to stay and help her but thought that might completely freak her out so after that short, sincere compliment, to which she gave a lovely big smile, I left. Anything more than that might be a bit creepy for her.

By the way, a girl who I worked with years ago when we were both in our early 20s used to go shopping together. We were friends, no more, but she said it's was always best to go clothes shopping with someone of the opposite sex other that your partner as more often than not they'd dress you what they wanted you to wear, not what you'd look good in, which aren't always the same thing.

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

I always went with my wife for her clothes shopping, as I knew what looked good on her. I even bought clothes for her sometimes without her being there. The only thing was that female underwear shopping was terribly boring! Last year I took college girl friend bikini shopping and helped her pick out a couple that looked good on her. She was not at all shy about it and was very happy with the results.

My wife asked me quite out of the blue last night why I loved shopping for shoes and looking at shoes (For both me and her) and would spend ages in a shoe store and yet I loathed shopping with her and spent about 2 minutes max in clothes shops...

Part of it could be supposedly that men are visual creatures. If you think about items of clothing you might think are sexy:

- miniskirts

- corsets

- lingerie

- stockings

- makeup

- etc

Only one is 'complete'. That is, how it's presented in the store (even in a catalog) is pretty much how it will look on someone. With all of the items, they're all basically 'flat'. You could buy a dress, or lingerie, or makeup, but you have to put it on to see it's real appearance. [A tube of red lipstick looks nothing like how it does when it's on a woman's lips.]

On the other hand, how shoes look in a catalog, or online, or on a shelf in a store, pretty much is how they'll look online. Yes, some women wear them better than others. But a shoe with a 5" heel on a shelf, is gonna be a 5" heel when a woman wears them. In that sense, a man doesn't have to do a lot of imagination when shopping for heels, to get an ideal what they'll look like on a wife or SO.

• 3 weeks later...

Shopping for me has changed abit since i got alot more into heels, especially when i go with girl friends. I usually know exactly what i want before i go, and if i browse i know where im going to browse and dont hang around. If i go with girl friends things are abit different, i still fall asleep when dragged around, i just happen to wake up when it comes to the shoe department :silly:

I have no problems shopping for all of my clothing with my wife, because we know we each have our own tastes, and we've gotten into the groove of helping each other out, which works out really well - that and we both shop in the same department anyway! :silly:

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

My wife asked me quite out of the blue last night why I loved shopping for shoes and looking at shoes (For both me and her) and would spend ages in a shoe store and yet I loathed shopping with her and spent about 2 minutes max in clothes shops.

"You dont really care about fashion etc.. only where shoes are concerned, I want you to spend more time shopping for what I want."

I can be in, selected and bought in five minutes where as she takes forever and I have gone to the nearest pub.

Anyone else the same??

Yes and no. The roads were icy/slick, yesterday, and my mom had an appointment in the morning, and in the afternoon she wanted to "grab some things at the mall," so I offered to cart her around.

The 10:30 appointment resulted in a "quick mall trip" that lasted four hours. It took me 30 minutes to survey every clothing item in JC Penny's, picking out a couple of shirts for myself, one for my son, and a pair of slacks. Hell, I even had time to breeze through the women's line of clothing to see if there was anything I could cross-wear (several items - I'll have to go back).

Then I went to the Piercing Pagoda, where I spotted some earrings similar to my current favorites, and I'll have to go back for those, too.

Along the way, I recalled something a well-known and very savvy psychiatrist said long ago: "Women shop. Men hunt. It was set in our genes long ago during the 200,000 years of our hunter-gatherer stage, where the men mostly hunted and the women mostly gathered. That's just the way we are. There are overlaps. Some women fit the male profile, while some men fit the female profile. Regardless, for most women and most men, this is it, folks, so viva la difference! Understanding the differences is key to accepting the differences."

If I were to gather anything from this, it would be this: If you're a guy who prefers wearing heels and is wondering about your psyche, whether you're more feminine vs more masculine, go on a shopping trip with one or two women who are truly interested in shopping (and have a budget to support their habit). If you finish before them, you have a guy brain. If you're bringing up the rear, your brain might just be more on the feminine side.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.