A question for everyone

Charlie

My latest passion is the high heeled boots made by Miguel in Mexico.

http://www.auctiva.com/stores/viewstore2.aspx?id=575689&styleid=65

They are so well made for the price! I have 3 pairs, but primarily wear either the 3" heeled ones with a pointy toe or to a lesser degree, the 4" heeled ones with a rounded toe. What I personally notice is that I can put on the 3" heeled boots and immediately walk comfortably like any other boot of the same or lower heel height. The 4" ones, however, take me a few minutes to get used to. The first few steps it feels like my tendons are in the process of compressing and once they do I get my stride and am perfectly comfortable all day long. A 4" heel height is about my limit. I notice this even when I've worn them all day long for several days in a row. Do the rest of you notice a short delay before being comfortable after first putting on a pair of heels at or near your maximum comfortable heel height or is it just me?

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

They are so well made for the price! I have 3 pairs, but primarily wear either the 3" heeled ones with a pointy toe or to a lesser degree, the 4" heeled ones with a rounded toe. What I personally notice is that I can put on the 3" heeled boots and immediately walk comfortably like any other boot of the same or lower heel height. The 4" ones, however, take me a few minutes to get used to. The first few steps it feels like my tendons are in the process of compressing and once they do I get my stride and am perfectly comfortable all day long. A 4" heel height is about my limit. I notice this even when I've worn them all day long for several days in a row. Do the rest of you notice a short delay before being comfortable after first putting on a pair of heels at or near your maximum comfortable heel height or is it just me?

Charlie

Very impressive. I can't think of a more comfortable way to appear in public or wear high heels than it would seem to be wearing these boots. The prices shown, while I understand they're bid prices, wouldn't be unreasonable if they were a $50 higher.

Good find, Charlie.....:wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I have about the same feeling... 3" to 3.5" is nothing, but 4"+ takes a minute to get feeling right... I think that if I had shoes or boots with a well made 4"+ heel with the right arch, I would be fine... I like Miguels boots.. I have a pair with the 5" heels, which are very well made, but the sizing on mine is way off, so i'm a bit apprehensive about buying another pair... I'd really like a pair of his 4" heel boots.. oh, what to do...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

I have about the same feeling... 3" to 3.5" is nothing, but 4"+ takes a minute to get feeling right... I think that if I had shoes or boots with a well made 4"+ heel with the right arch, I would be fine...

I like Miguels boots.. I have a pair with the 5" heels, which are very well made, but the sizing on mine is way off, so i'm a bit apprehensive about buying another pair... I'd really like a pair of his 4" heel boots.. oh, what to do...

Sizing is one of the reasons I'm a bit aprehensive about ordering online. Would love to go to a store and try on some of his boots. They look great. The price is a bit higher than I would like to see, but I do understand that quality and fit come with a price.

Charlie

Depends on your leg / muscle structure. As an example, I have never been able to touch my toes, but I discovered about a year ago that I can almost do it with a pair of 4" heels on. I've hiked hundreds of miles in mountains, and flatlands in underslung boots by Dingo, Justin, Frye, with absolutely no problems, but put me in a pair of Nike's and I'm done for in a few hours.

You've brought up a very good point but because of the extremely high arch of my feet, I am more comfortable in a higher heel than a lower one and yes, I notice a difference in the heel heights as far as comfort is concerned.

What are we supposed to be looking at? All I can get from that link is a Homepage which won't give me anything else....no search results, nothing..??

Actually it displays some really great cowboy boots with heels higher than normal. Great looking, well crafted and stylish boots.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I have about the same feeling... 3" to 3.5" is nothing, but 4"+ takes a minute to get feeling right... I think that if I had shoes or boots with a well made 4"+ heel with the right arch, I would be fine...

I like Miguels boots.. I have a pair with the 5" heels, which are very well made, but the sizing on mine is way off, so i'm a bit apprehensive about buying another pair... I'd really like a pair of his 4" heel boots.. oh, what to do...

You're not kidding about the sizing issues. Making the vamp correct for a good fit is critical and becomes even more critical when heel height is increased. I found that the sizing was fine for the 3" heeled boots, but the 4" ones required a vamp stretcher to make them truly comfortable. For anything above a 3" heel from Miguel, I go to a size 10. Size 9 1/2 is fine for 3" heeled boots. Either way, Miguel is very good about exchanges as I did this with the 4" heeled boots. The unfortunate thing, however, was that I really liked the style of the first pair that was just too tight.

Charlie

Thanks Bubba! One thing I like more with Miguel's boots than the Western Ranch ones I've purchased in the past is that he uses a softer rubber heel pad. I'm not one for 'clicking' when I walk, but I'll bet there are an equal number if not a greater number of people who would feel the opposite. Charlie

You've brought up a very good point but because of the extremely high arch of my feet, I am more comfortable in a higher heel than a lower one and yes, I notice a difference in the heel heights as far as comfort is concerned.

I'm with roni on this...I too have high arches and a higher heel is no problem for me. I will admit, if I change heights drastically (like if I'm wearing lower ones for a while and haven't worn really high heels for a period of time) it can take a little bit to get used to them again.

What are we supposed to be looking at? All I can get from that link is a Homepage which won't give me anything else....no search results, nothing..??

I think this is because of your server in the UK? I sometimes run into this in the reverse so I bought some IP address changing software and when I route through a UK server, I'll get a page I couldn't get otherwise.

Charlie

I think this is because of your server in the UK? I sometimes run into this in the reverse so I bought some IP address changing software and when I route through a UK server, I'll get a page I couldn't get otherwise.

Charlie

It's actually showing up OK today. I like those boots.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• 2 weeks later...

You're not kidding about the sizing issues. Making the vamp correct for a good fit is critical and becomes even more critical when heel height is increased. I found that the sizing was fine for the 3" heeled boots, but the 4" ones required a vamp stretcher to make them truly comfortable. For anything above a 3" heel from Miguel, I go to a size 10. Size 9 1/2 is fine for 3" heeled boots. Either way, Miguel is very good about exchanges as I did this with the 4" heeled boots. The unfortunate thing, however, was that I really liked the style of the first pair that was just too tight.

Charlie

I got myself a quality vamp stretcher. Problem solved! It took very little encouragement from the stretcher to make the boot fit like a glove.

Charlie